• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick sat for national anthem

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's sure to go over well.

Do they boo him while he's sitting? They'd be booing the anthem.

Or wait till he comes on the field? When he'd probably get booed anyway cause he's the visiting QB?

Will he wear his favourite socks?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they boo him while he's sitting? They'd be booing the anthem.

Or wait till he comes on the field? When he'd probably get booed anyway cause he's the visiting QB?

Will he wear his favourite socks?
I imagine he'll be booed when he takes the field, but more vociferously than is usual for the backup qb of a lousy team.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found out today he has been wearing Cop-Pig socks. That'll gain him so much sympathy...
Nothing says I care about a cause like making a caricature of the other side.

I'm beginning to wonder if he even has two brain cells to rub together.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing says I care about a cause like making a caricature of the other side.

I'm beginning to wonder if he even has two brain cells to rub together.
Yeah, it's the kind of tactic I expect from knuckledraggers on a political forum. At this point he's more of an nuisance than an asset to discussing the issue.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernicks agent is a genius.

Has there ever been this much attention and publicity for a 3rd string QB who is on the verge of losing his job?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Has there ever been this much attention and publicity for a 3rd string QB who is on the verge of losing his job?
From most indications FO Executives dislike Kaep plenty off the field. The fact Kaep only nets less than a 3rd round pick when the market has set average on the trade market at 2 2nds is very telling at what FO's think of Kaep on the field: A bum.

Hope he likes life as an advocate after this week.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah right. He's agent is probably freaking out.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shooting unarmed people and killing unarmed people are two different things. You're choosing a convenient example to support your argument instead of looking at the larger picture. Nobody is saying that law enforcement is targeting and killing unarmed black people intentionally, Mr Straw Man. There is a lack of concern for wellbeing when people of color are involved. Whether that is institutionalized police being unnecessarily afraid of people of color, being racist, or whatever other reason, it's a situation that must be addressed and must improve.

People of color get caught in the mix. Don't get in the situation

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Criminal or not, we're talking about the use of lethal force on unarmed citizens.

I think you're adding your own context to what he said. In my opinion, he's saying that the legal system (including law enforcement) is not adequately punishing individuals that do not value the lives of people of color equally with those of white people.

I could care less about Kaepernick or what he wears; my concern is that the urgency of the cause is being lost.

As far as your issues with the list, what is a justification for killing an unarmed man, guilty or not? Law enforcement is supposed capture criminals, not execute them.

\Try being a cop and trust me not fond of them. You go to a house and see a kid molested or killed, starving, beat up and tell me you will be ok when a jerkoff mouths off, If i was a cop instead of being on the opposite side of the fence I would knock and shoot punks mouth off.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suggest you read this. It talks about the demographic breakdown of those killed by police from May 2013 to April 2015.

don't waste your time, these morons are too stupid

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really could care less. Whether or not someone stands during the national anthem has no bearing on anything.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really could care less. Whether or not someone stands during the national anthem has no bearing on anything.

You coudn't care less.

If you could care less it means you actually do care to a point.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That part doesn't annoy me. The socks do- at this point he's just a dog chasing tires. He claims to not want the socks to distract from the issues bringing up his uncles, blah blah, but it clearly is and it's more evidence that despite his claims otherwise, he doesn't actually think these things through. As I said earlier today, he's more nuisance than asset to discussing the issues he wants to bring up.