• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick is as stupid as advertised: jokes about TX floods

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting pounded by rain this morning. I-35 in Dallas is flooded.

In almost 120 years of record keeping Texas has never gotten more rain than it has this month.

National Weather service just said Texas has received enough rain to cover the entire state in 8 inches of water...that's a bunch of rain.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I dont want to be mean or obnoxious, it just hit me the wrong way.

people are losing their homes, their belongings, and some have lost their lives..to say it's a little rain no big deal to me is obnoxious. Your comment was fine.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until a few months ago most of Texas was still in various drought stages. Not any more. There is plenty of water to share if it could be sent to CA somehow.

We could be in the same situation next winter if the El Nino continues to develop in the Eastern Pacific. Hopefully you get a good break from the wet weather soon.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could be in the same situation next winter if the El Nino continues to develop in the Eastern Pacific. Hopefully you get a good break from the wet weather soon.

this weather pattern we've been on for the whole month might be starting to change after the weekend. We need a break.

635684974516459429-flood050.JPG

Flooding in Dallas. Friday, May 29, 2015. (Photo: WFAA)
Fullscreen

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone watched the Texas Rising series on the History channel?

My god it is horrendously bad. I could only watch the first part and I absolutely love historical mini-series.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm headed to Dallas on Sunday. I'll pack a little California sunshine in my carry-on.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone watched the Texas Rising series on the History channel?

My god it is horrendously bad. I could only watch the first part and I absolutely love historical mini-series.

yes, it sucks. The geography/topography is terribly wrong. The script is horrible. They have a few historically correct points sprinkled throughout, but I cant get past the fact that they use one piece of ground(desert with bluffs/cliffs in background) for the entire shoot. It's just all wrong visually.

It's too bad, because it's a great story, with a lot of action and some cool heroes and a despicable bad guy.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b
And I dont want to be mean or obnoxious, it just hit me the wrong way.
I'm not trolling or trying to be obnoxious but this much needed rain is not a news worthy disaster. You want a disaster call Nepal, call Rowanda. More people died from ebola this week than from floods in Texass and Oklahoma. This is just the flavor of the week for the media circus. Ebola has just been

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
{freaking phone trouble} Nepal has been covered, Ebola has been covere. The ass clowns are just looking for bodies and mayhem to sell to the masses. Nothing but respect for TX Heat but a picture of cars stranded at an underpass is hardly alife threatening situation. Inconvient.....yes, newsworthy, hardly.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
{freaking phone trouble} Nepal has been covered, Ebola has been covere. The ass clowns are just looking for bodies and mayhem to sell to the masses. Nothing but respect for TX Heat but a picture of cars stranded at an underpass is hardly alife threatening situation. Inconvient.....yes, newsworthy, hardly.

understand and agree about media feeding an insatiable public with 'disaster news'.

However, I wasnt talking about people stuck under an overpass, or inconvenient rain. If you have not lived through a flash flood, and lost home and possessions, you cant possible conceive of what I'm talking about.

I'm talking of flash floods, in the part of Texas that is limestone/granite, and hilly. It can happen in an instant, and you're gone.

I've been in a historic flash flood, in Austin in 1981, water 5 feet high in homes, cars rolled down my street like boulders; I've helped to pull a boy out of raging waters just in time for EMS to arrive and pronounce him dead.

I'm not talking about stupid people who cruise down the highway in the wettest May in recorded history in Texas, and then get upset because water has collected under a bridge and it prevents them from going farther.

I'm not comparing this to a world level type of disaster, I'm talking about individual families who have been devastated.