• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick is as stupid as advertised: jokes about TX floods

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and SteveDallas, it's okay. Like I said, I understand your view. It's my fault I've experienced it up close, and let those memories run away with me.

Have a great Saturday

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
understand and agree about media feeding an insatiable public with 'disaster news'.

However, I wasnt talking about people stuck under an overpass, or inconvenient rain. If you have not lived through a flash flood, and lost home and possessions, you cant possible conceive of what I'm talking about.

I'm talking of flash floods, in the part of Texas that is limestone/granite, and hilly. It can happen in an instant, and you're gone.

I've been in a historic flash flood, in Austin in 1981, water 5 feet high in homes, cars rolled down my street like boulders; I've helped to pull a boy out of raging waters just in time for EMS to arrive and pronounce him dead.

I'm not talking about stupid people who cruise down the highway in the wettest May in recorded history in Texas, and then get upset because water has collected under a bridge and it prevents them from going farther.

I'm not comparing this to a world level type of disaster, I'm talking about individual families who have been devastated.

Not to minimize but...

I was poor as a kid. We had a flood in town and {expensive) cars were floating around a parking lot at the edge of the flooded creek. I was charging $100 a car to swim out and tie off to the bumper so the bankers could pull their Mercedes ashore. It was a fabulous day for my family!