• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Blackmon suspended for rest of season

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Violated substance abuse policy.

He's an idiot anyway. Only an idiot gives up a multi-million dollar salary because he can't stop getting high. They should just have a one strike policy in the NFL. If you are too stupid to stay away from drugs when you have it frickin made in life you are too stupid to be allowed in the NFL.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater over clowney???? thats debatable... unless one veiws Teddy on the level of Luck or RG3....

if not, I would see Clowney taken over anyone.

I have a hard time imagining them going in any direction other than QB. Ndamukong Suh was once in a generation type of DT prospect, and the Rams still selected a post injury Sam Bradford over him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time imagining them going in any direction other than QB. Ndamukong Suh was once in a generation type of DT prospect, and the Rams still selected a post injury Sam Bradford over him.

It seems the value of great defensive players is lessening these days. Every time defenses do something that brings offensive levels in the NFL down they make new rules to lessen the impact of defense.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags showing further ineptitude with the number one pick in the draft... choose.... Johnny Manziel....

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too early to start photoshopping Jadaveon Clowney into a Jags' uniform? Or are they so inept that they'll take a future-bust QB instead with the #1 overall pick?

They have to roll the dice on one of the many QB's in this draft class you would think. I guess they could look to grab Clowney and take the best QB left at the start of the 2nd round or trade up into the first, but they need to file so many holes they almost cant afford to trade picks.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They have to roll the dice on one of the many QB's in this draft class you would think.

I think that would be a huge mistake. Or at least a huge stanank. Clowney is a rare prospect (although he might be the next Aldon Smith off the field if the rumours are true), and it's not like there's an Andrew Luck in this draft.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that would be a huge mistake. Or at least a huge stanank. Clowney is a rare prospect (although he might be the next Aldon Smith off the field if the rumours are true), and it's not like there's an Andrew Luck in this draft.

There won't be another Andrew Luck for another 10 years. That's not a reason not to draft a QB. IF they see and value a QB in the draft as a franchise guy, they need to take him, even IF they think Clowney is a better prospect. Like I said, the Rams drafted Sam Bradford over one of the better prospects of the decade in Suh, the Panthers took Cam Newton over elite prospects like AJ Green and Patrick Peterson, etc. There isn't a doubt in my mind that the Jags will take a QB (Bridgewater, Mettenberger, Hundley, Petty, Mariota, w/e) over any other player.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
the Rams drafted Sam Bradford over one of the better prospects of the decade in Suh, the Panthers took Cam Newton over elite prospects like AJ Green and Patrick Peterson, etc. There isn't a doubt in my mind that the Jags will take a QB (Bridgewater, Mettenberger, Hundley, Petty, Mariota, w/e) over any other player.

Oh I agree that they WILL take a QB; I don't agree they should. Bradford over Suh was a mistake. At this point, I think Cam over those amazing '11 prospects was a mistake (he has plenty of time to prove me wrong).

Most people thought Jamarcus Russell was a franchise guy (I didn't), but even if he wasn't totally horrible I would've taken Megatron over him.

There isn't an Andrew Luck in this draft, but I don't even think there's a Joe Flacco in this draft (still not concrete on that opinion though). Clowney, on the other hand, is probably a Mario Williams like prospect, and the Jaguars need something to end their streak of horrible draft picks. Even a good QB would suck in Jacksonville.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree that they WILL take a QB; I don't agree they should. Bradford over Suh was a mistake. At this point, I think Cam over those amazing '11 prospects was a mistake (he has plenty of time to prove me wrong).

Most people thought Jamarcus Russell was a franchise guy (I didn't), but even if he wasn't totally horrible I would've taken Megatron over him.

There isn't an Andrew Luck in this draft, but I don't even think there's a Joe Flacco in this draft (still not concrete on that opinion though). Clowney, on the other hand, is probably a Mario Williams like prospect, and the Jaguars need something to end their streak of horrible draft picks. Even a good QB would suck in Jacksonville.

It was only a mistake because Sam Bradford disappointed. It would have been more devastating for them had they passed on a QB and he turned out to be a damn good one. Look at them today, they still have a great front seven without having to draft Suh, but they still don't have that franchise QB.

And Like I said, IF they think there's a franchise guy, they HAVE and WILL go to that route.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It was only a mistake because Sam Bradford disappointed. It would have been more devastating for them had they passed on a QB and he turned out to be a damn good one. Look at them today, they still have a great front seven without having to draft Suh, but they still don't have that franchise QB.

And Like I said, IF they think there's a franchise guy, they HAVE and WILL go to that route.

I don't know. This just smells a lot like Carr over Peppers or Jamarcus over Calvin. I said those were huge mistakes on draft day, so I'm not just using hindsight to prove my point. I also said Bradford over Suh was a huge mistake at the time.

The majority of high QB picks don't work out, but guys like Clowney, Suh, Mario & Peppers (and Calvin), who are the clear-cut best non-QB prospects in a draft almost always do.

I mean is there even a Ryan Tannehill in this draft? Are the QBs in this draft all that much better than EJ Manuel? I'm not so sure. I'm taking a prospect like Clowney over that kind of option any day of the week.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid needs to get his head on straight. He needs an organization that is more stable, someone to put him in his place and help him realize his potential.