• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justice League (2017)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On their own, yes. I think they can make great movies with these characters as individuals. The Batman trilogy is evidence of that. But as a team, its very difficult to make a good movie. It might be because it seems forced, but I just don’t think the characters fit well with one another.

I edited my post from "the characters are iconic" to "the material is just fine", but I stand by both quotes. Who'd ever have thought that Spider Man would've fit in well with the Avengers? I still say it's all in the writing.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DCU is trying to lead off the inning with a grand slam HR. You can’t do that. You need to get runners on base first.

The DCU corporation heads were scared to death of the backlash from Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman.

That said, I do agree with your take on their overall strategy.

Marvel wins again, hands down.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On their own, yes. I think they can make great movies with these characters as individuals. The Batman trilogy is evidence of that. But as a team, its very difficult to make a good movie. It might be because it seems forced, but I just don’t think the characters fit well with one another.

It is forced, because they are getting their heads handed to them in the superhero movie war, mainly due to horrible management. Panic time has come and gone for DC.

Lol, after all is said and done, if they have lost money I'd be very surprised. ;)

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is forced, because they are getting their heads handed to them in the superhero movie war, mainly due to horrible management. Panic time has come and gone for DC.

Lol, after all is said and done, if they have lost money I'd be very surprised. ;)
Well, if everyone says it sucks, it means everyone has seen it, right?

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The same can be said about the Avengers or the X-Men, and both Marvel and Fox have managed to make great movies with their teams.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same can be said about the Avengers or the X-Men, and both Marvel and Fox have managed to make great movies with their teams.
The X-men have always been a team. The avengers isn’t as dark as the justice league. The tone of the JL is hard to capture in a movie. The other two not so much.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this assessment. It's all in the writing; the material is just fine.

I clicked on here, this is the first post I read.... and I agree that it could be good with better writing and directing. However, it was an atrocious movie. At first I thought it was okay with some bad CGI mustache removal and a poor story... then I watched it a second time and thought NOPE, the whole movie is very terrible.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though the Justice League wasn't great it was still much better than any Avengers movie.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DCU corporation heads were scared to death of the backlash from Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman.

That said, I do agree with your take on their overall strategy.

Marvel wins again, hands down.

I didn't know Man of Steel received backlash. I was very surprised by it. I really liked it.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know Man of Steel received backlash. I was very surprised by it. I really liked it.

I loved it, but it was flawed. It would have been perfect with just:

1. A bit better editing. The Snyder flashbacks/jumps in time make it needlessly confusing.
2. Removing some ridiculous scenes meant to make it dark and gritty, like Supes allowing his dad to die. I have nothing against a dark movie, but don't make the manipulation THAT obvious.
3. I understand most of the destruction at the end, and it made the cryptonians feel like the HUGE menace they were (unlike, say, the ridiculous Chitauri and their chariots), but they should have shown Supes being more concerned about the destruction and struggling to save more lives, when in the movie he actually contributed to the destruction.

Now BvS was an unsalvageable mess.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though the Justice League wasn't great it was still much better than any Avengers movie.
giphy.gif

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first Avengers was much better once it got going. Although I will agree that it was better than Age of Ultron.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it tonight.

Pure CGI. That was very disappointing. Not a single practical effect in the entire flick. Heck, even scenes that didn’t need CGI got CGI (the opening scene with the produce shop robbery, for example).

A few problems I had...

1) Barry is in the Speed Force, yet Bruce is able to notice that he is falling and shoot a bat hook that grabs his leg to save him. O... K...

2) Having Supes fly east and be able to not only catch up to Barry but save an entire building vs Barry’s single car totally diminishes Barry’s power.

3) The scene in the trailers where Alfred greets someone saying something to the effect then of “There you are. We were waiting for you.” never appeared in the film. I hate that shit.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it tonight.

Pure CGI. That was very disappointing. Not a single practical effect in the entire flick. Heck, even scenes that didn’t need CGI got CGI (the opening scene with the produce shop robbery, for example).

A few problems I had...

1) Barry is in the Speed Force, yet Bruce is able to notice that he is falling and shoot a bat hook that grabs his leg to save him. O... K...

2) Having Supes fly east and be able to not only catch up to Barry but save an entire building vs Barry’s single car totally diminishes Barry’s power.

3) The scene in the trailers where Alfred greets someone saying something to the effect then of “There you are. We were waiting for you.” never appeared in the film. I hate that shit.
Superman is too overpowered to be an interesting superhero. He also has the worst secret identity ever conceived.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Superman is too overpowered to be an interesting superhero. He also has the worst secret identity ever conceived.
The appeal of Supes in Clark Kent and to a lesser effect, Kal-El. Superman is boring.

Putting Superman in a mashup is pointless.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Singer said:
My favorite character in JUSTICE LEAGUE is the janitor who is mopping the floor at S.T.A.R. Labs and then, hours later after everyone has left, is seen still mopping the exact same spot.

ABDnWDL.png

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to get the director's cut for that scene. Spoilers:

It was Apache Chief

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about Apache Chief?