• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justice League (2017)

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say for certain for a fact that they would've lost. Still I was greatly disappointed in the movie. I went in really excited since Wonder Woman was pretty good. It used to be just making a superhero movie guaranteed success but not that there's literally 5 superhero movies a year and 10 or so TV shows about superheros it's become over saturated.

I enjoyed Justice League a lot, but it left me unsatisfied. It's like they had a few cool scenes and they just stitched them together without caring about plot or character development. Obviously this has a lot to do with the mandated 2-hours cut, and with all the re-shoots and change in tone.

I'm not a Snyder fan, and the BvS film was an incoherent mess, but I hope they release his rumored 3-hours cut.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way better than I expected. But I had very low expectations.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with this post... another problem with the movie, it didn't explain the background stories well enough... Like, Steppenwolf mentioned Darkseid, but we were not really informed that there is a greater big bad...

The fact that the league was utterly useless without Superman was pretty lame as well. IMO they should have left Superman dead for this movie then got him back in the next for Darkseid, more of an actual threat. They could have spent more time establishing the rest of the characters.

By the way, saying "you smell good" to a guy who's been dead for the past month or whatever was pretty damn cringey.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are not looking good for Justice League

Warner Bros. Faces A Possible $50M To $100M Loss On 'Justice League'

Est-profit-and-loss-superhero.jpg

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are looking a bit better with the film having stronger legs than BvS and a strong international market , so right now WB might break even, but it's still a failure.

Still, the film (flawed as it is) turned out far better than it should, considering all the studio interference and profound changes during post. It's weird to see a movie this big being basically an orphan, without a director promoting it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A crappy movie with a crappy plot and a complete waste of time.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC / WB will be forced to overhaul their strategy here... IMO they shouldn't try to copy Marvel's formula (as successful as it is), but be faithful to their own look and feel. Dark and gritty superhero stories can be very successful too, they just need to be good movies first.

Just look at what Fox is currently doing with their X-men properties, allowing their directors to create completely different stories regardless of how they fit into the larger universe. This has given us Logan (IMO, a contender for best movie of the year), Deadpool and next year they'll release a horror movie.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC Shake-Up in the Works After ‘Justice League’ Stumbles (EXCLUSIVE)

Not a shocker

Warner Bros. believes that “Justice League” succeeded in one importantly respect: it effectively introduced Flash (a quippy speedster played by Ezra Miller) and Aquaman (the king of Atlantis, portrayed by Jason Momoa). A solo “Aquaman” is due out in 2018 and Warners is still developing a standalone Flash adventure. Going forward, Warner Bros. is planning a sequel to “Wonder Woman” that’s believed to be set in the Cold War, and New Line has greenlit a “Shazam” feature.

Lol

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made the decision to hold offf on this one until I can see it for free.

Netflix or HBO, here I come...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So disappointed in this boring piece of crap, I can't begin to say.

As through history, Marvel again shows DC how to do things right.

What a shame for DC's great stable of characters.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw, Wonder Woman is the exception here; without her, watching this garbage would have been unbearable.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched this a few days ago... Disappointed, yet again with DC.

Such a shame when I loved all the characters individually. Each one was their own brand of badass, and collectively should have been a homerun... I don't really know how it could have been done differently, but it just lacks in every facet of the movie. Seems like an accumulation of suckiness vs any 1 distinct problem.

Well I guess 1 distinct problem was Steppenwolf was a pussy in comparison to WW or SM. Too easily defeated and made it all seem like a waste.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched this a few days ago... Disappointed, yet again with DC.

Such a shame when I loved all the characters individually. Each one was their own brand of badass, and collectively should have been a homerun... I don't really know how it could have been done differently, but it just lacks in every facet of the movie. Seems like an accumulation of suckiness vs any 1 distinct problem.

Well I guess 1 distinct problem was Steppenwolf was a pussy in comparison to WW or SM. Too easily defeated and made it all seem like a waste.
I agree with this assessment. The Justice League just isn’t good material to create a quality movie.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this assessment. The Justice League just isn’t good material to create a quality movie.

I disagree with this assessment. It's all in the writing; the material is just fine.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this assessment. It's all in the writing; the characters are iconic.
On their own, yes. I think they can make great movies with these characters as individuals. The Batman trilogy is evidence of that. But as a team, its very difficult to make a good movie. It might be because it seems forced, but I just don’t think the characters fit well with one another.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t seen this one yet, and won’t until it basically falls in my lap (HULU, Netflix, HBO).

But the way the DCU has been built so far has been stupid. Look at how Marvel did it. They make solo movies to intro the character THEN do mashups (basically). That way each character has time Tom establish themselves and the mashups can focus on the villain instead of introducing the hero. If the MCU started with the Avengers, it would not have worked.

The DCU is trying to lead off the inning with a grand slam HR. You can’t do that. You need to get runners on base first.