• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justice League (2017)

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it’s a trash story.

It never made sense. Even the source material.

They needed a man of steel level movie for each character in JL.

plus dc tells amazing animated stories that the dcu was never going to touch

Im not debating that whatsoever. I’m just stating my opinion that anyone that says Avengers is better than the JL is only saying that because the MCU sold their souls for profit. Which is cool and all, but the Bale version of Batman were popular and stayed true to the character. The MCU became popular then sold their souls. No matter how you are, you have zero sense as a human being and are a sheep if you think Black Panther and Captain Marvel were better stories or movies than BvS or Justice League. DC sold their souls and made a shit load of money for Aquaman which followed the MCU formula more than the comics or the real DCU.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not debating that whatsoever. I’m just stating my opinion that anyone that says Avengers is better than the JL is only saying that because the MCU sold their souls for profit. Which is cool and all, but the Bale version of Batman were popular and stayed true to the character. The MCU became popular then sold their souls. No matter how you are, you have zero sense as a human being and are a sheep if you think Black Panther and Captain Marvel were better stories or movies than BvS or Justice League. DC sold their souls and made a shit load of money for Aquaman which followed the MCU formula more than the comics or the real DCU.

I thought JL and Avengers were very comparable movies.

the best super hero movies so far, imo have been

Batman beyond
Man of steel
The dark knight
Cap civil war
Cap winter soldier
Iron man
Infinity war

that’s in no particular order.

marvel started out going after the hardcore fans and let it run wild after that.

I agree that bale played a great and accurate Batman for the most part. Especially the first 2 movies. The 3rd he jumped the shark.

I think the civil war movie was better than the source material.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justice League was hot garbage. The only redeeming superhero movies from DC are the Bale Batman movies and Wonder Woman to an extent. That is it. Literally it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justice League was hot garbage. The only redeeming superhero movies from DC are the Bale Batman movies and Wonder Woman to an extent. That is it. Literally it.

man of steel was absolutely better than WW.

cavil was a damn fine superman.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MoS was meh. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good - its in the middle. Better than WW? I would have to rewatch them, but as of now - not a chance.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MoS was meh. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good - its in the middle. Better than WW? I would have to rewatch them, but as of now - not a chance.

i thought WW was overhyped.

they’re both Bish movies.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought WW was overhyped.

they’re both Bish movies.

I will say that I WW was pretty good the first time I saw it, but on the 2nd showing it didn't have any lasting feeling. Aside from the Bale Batmans, DC movies suck compared to Marvel.

I think it has to do with the writing and story.

The villain in Shazam... 7 deadly sins (what! c'mon man)
The villain in WW... a greek fucking god.
The villain for JL... Steppenwolf, whose motivation is to destroy everything (a.k.a = fucking retarded).

Then there is the whole naming with DC. Batman, Superman, ok those work. Aquaman... you're pushing it but ok. Who is the villain in Aquaman - the motherfucking Ocean Master, gimme a break.

How about Flash, great name. His villain - Reverse Flash. In what fucking universe does that jump off to ANYONE as a good name to run with, idgaf what the time period is.

Batmans villains - Joker, Bane, Scarecrow - simple yet fantastic. They convey what and how these guys are/act - hence why it works.

Sorry just went on a rant lol

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that I WW was pretty good the first time I saw it, but on the 2nd showing it didn't have any lasting feeling. Aside from the Bale Batmans, DC movies suck compared to Marvel.

I think it has to do with the writing and story.

The villain in Shazam... 7 deadly sins (what! c'mon man)
The villain in WW... a greek fucking god.
The villain for JL... Steppenwolf, whose motivation is to destroy everything (a.k.a = fucking retarded).

Then there is the whole naming with DC. Batman, Superman, ok those work. Aquaman... you're pushing it but ok. Who is the villain in Aquaman - the motherfucking Ocean Master, gimme a break.

How about Flash, great name. His villain - Reverse Flash. In what fucking universe does that jump off to ANYONE as a good name to run with, idgaf what the time period is.

Batmans villains - Joker, Bane, Scarecrow - simple yet fantastic. They convey what and how these guys are/act - hence why it works.

Sorry just went on a rant lol

You're not wrong.

I'm surprised they didn't use Darkseid for Justice League.

Batman has one of the two best rogues galaries in all of comics (him and Spider-man).

I agree the names aren't perfect, but they're good enough.

Zod might be the single most underrated comic villain out there (I'd also have said Bane before his movie).

Zod is a super badass who can match superman punch for punch while being a trained military operative and one of the best military strategists in the Universe.

DC also makes pretty incredible animated movies (that dont' get the credit they deserve due to it being animated).

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not wrong.

I'm surprised they didn't use Darkseid for Justice League.

Batman has one of the two best rogues galaries in all of comics (him and Spider-man).

I agree the names aren't perfect, but they're good enough.

Zod might be the single most underrated comic villain out there (I'd also have said Bane before his movie).

Zod is a super badass who can match superman punch for punch while being a trained military operative and one of the best military strategists in the Universe.

DC also makes pretty incredible animated movies (that dont' get the credit they deserve due to it being animated).

I have not seen many animated movies. I didn't bring up Supermans villains because I am on the fence with them. Zod I think it fine. It rings of simply being an alien name, one that isn't overly weird or long and also one that isn't hard to know/understand. It works. Lex Luther is in the same boat, it works because it is his actual name in the comic, what he goes by.

Darkseid, Doomsday, Brainiac... Idk. I will say that I don't think they are as bad as Aquamans or the Flashs' villains, but they definitely feel over the top or too on the nose.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC nicknames are OK... they're certainly not as bad as having the word 'corn' in a nickname... that would be just silly.

:D

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Knowing of Q's affinity for MOS, I finally had the chance to go back and rewatch it and then WW. Cavil was a great Superman imo, and MOS wasn't a bad movie at all, but WW was a better movie. They both suffer from flaws--MOS needed to be less dark, needed more Costner and less Crowe, and WW suffered due to the bad guy, it was too long, and the ending dragged on forever. Still, WW as definitely more rewatchable.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing of Q's affinity for MOS, I finally had the chance to go back and rewatch it and then WW. Cavil was a great Superman imo, and MOS wasn't a bad movie at all, but WW was a better movie. They both suffer from flaws--MOS needed to be less dark, needed more Costner and less Crowe, and WW suffered due to the bad guy, it was too long, and the ending dragged on forever. Still, WW as definitely more rewatchable.

fair. Although I’d argue the dcu is fairly dark so MOS fit that universe

I just think it told a better origin. Had a better villain, and more surprise (although both had little).

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Snyder has released the first image of Darkseid from the film:

EZBs9BgVcAEvX4-

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sneak peek! :party: Darkseid!!!

Last edited:

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading the Snyder cut is going to be 4+ hours.

May be broken up into a mini-miniseries.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC FanDome Snyder Cut countdown tease:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's here! The full new DC FanDome Snyder Cut teaser! :party:

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing we can easily determine is that Zack Snyder is a fan of that song.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also announced at DC FanDome that the Snyder Cut will be released in four 1-hour parts on HBO Max.