• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justice League (2017)

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early fan reviews are very positive, but they were for WW84 as well, before critics savaged it.

The early reviews were positive even for BvS. First reviewers are the fans more likely to like the movie.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The early reviews were positive even for BvS. First reviewers are the fans more likely to like the movie.

Looks like the critic embargo was lifted yesterday, and the reviews seem good. Pretty unanimous that it's far superior to the 2017 Josh Whedon version anyway.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the critic embargo was lifted yesterday, and the reviews seem good. Pretty unanimous that it's far superior to the 2017 Josh Whedon version anyway.

Kind of mixed from what I've seen. It seems like with the original JL movie we got the saturday morning cartoon version of what should have been a more serious 3 hours movie, but now we are getting the 4.5 hours version of what still should have been a 3 hours movie.

We'll see. Steppenwolf's problems were deeper than just poor FX, and it seems like he will be doing just the same.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how. Depends on your taste if you like Snyder’s cut or Whedon’s more but it is pretty moronic to say one is far superior to the other.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how. Depends on your taste if you like Snyder’s cut or Whedon’s more but it is pretty moronic to say one is far superior to the other.

Its hard to watch the snyder version in one go since it is so long... But i am half way done... and yes it is SO MUCH BETTER... and it is not close...

Sure, there are parts they could have cut out already in this movie... But they already explained the invasion and why... and why the team needs to be assembled...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was able to finish it... and yes it was MUCH better than the original... and what was great was that there was enough scenes not in the original that this actually felt like a NEW movie... With that said it is weird to see a NEW movie that happened BEFORE Aquaman had his own movie where he became much more powerful...

this version was almost GREAT... still had some of the same problems as the original... But at least Steppenwolf was not one here...

the two biggest problems they did not address well enough was how Superman was all they needed to win the battle... and why it took superman so long to get into the fight...

My biggest question from this movie
from the comics/cartoons we all know that as much as batman and superman are friends, Batman never totally trusts him and fears the what if he goes evil... So.. was that last scene a nightmare or a premonition....and they used the term multiverse, so was it the same Earth??

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I plan on watching this this weekend. I forgot how long it was and almost stared it at about 10 pm tonight. Glad I remembered before getting into it.

I haven’t seen the original JL since the theaters, so I will essentially be coming into this fresh.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was ok.
I'm a big fan of 300 and Dawn of the Dead.
Lots of frenetic energy and as the viewer, we immediately understood the emotional stakes at play in those movies.

Marvel humanizes their heroes.
It appears that DC wants them to be gods and Whedon didn't understand the dynamic there.

So, what does Snyder do?

A lot of scenes appear to have new music, mostly classical or choir singing, introduced into them in an effort to get us emotionally attached to these gods. He wants us to invest in these characters so that we can get that payout later. However, Marvel does this over a string of movies and Justice League tries to do it all in one. I'm wondering if they should have shot more scenes and released this as a Netflix/Amazon series. That would probably hurt the financial bottom line, but would most likely help the storytelling.

I might be in the minority here, but my favorite DC show/movie to watch/follow is Teen Titans.
Also amusing to note several Game of Thrones actors in the DC universe.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was able to finish it... and yes it was MUCH better than the original... and what was great was that there was enough scenes not in the original that this actually felt like a NEW movie... With that said it is weird to see a NEW movie that happened BEFORE Aquaman had his own movie where he became much more powerful...

this version was almost GREAT... still had some of the same problems as the original... But at least Steppenwolf was not one here...

the two biggest problems they did not address well enough was how Superman was all they needed to win the battle... and why it took superman so long to get into the fight...

My biggest question from this movie
from the comics/cartoons we all know that as much as batman and superman are friends, Batman never totally trusts him and fears the what if he goes evil... So.. was that last scene a nightmare or a premonition....and they used the term multiverse, so was it the same Earth??
I believe the end scene was a different timeline from the multiverse in which they failed, Lois Lane died, and that was the end result. Remember that Bruce had a dream/vision that Lois Lane was the most important part of the puzzle or something like that. I believe the Martian Manhunter gave him that vision, because we know earlier that MM went to Lois to get her back into the game. MM was setting the wheels in motion. The end scene might have been the vision that Bruce saw?

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, Whedon's sucked balls, and IMO, Snyder's is a much fuller and interesting film, so I guess I'm the moron.

LOL

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of scenes appear to have new music, mostly classical or choir singing, introduced into them in an effort to get us emotionally attached to these gods. He wants us to invest in these characters so that we can get that payout later. However, Marvel does this over a string of movies and Justice League tries to do it all in one. I'm wondering if they should have shot more scenes and released this as a Netflix/Amazon series. That would probably hurt the financial bottom line, but would most likely help the storytelling.
You think they make these movies with “storytelling” being the ultimate goal?

You are so adorable...

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely different from the original and a vast improvement... The original was basically a saturday morning cartoon with a high budget.

Lets hope they decide to continue with this timeline at some point.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Louis pregnant? For how long was Superman dead?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to watch the snyder version in one go since it is so long... But i am half way done... and yes it is SO MUCH BETTER... and it is not close...

Sure, there are parts they could have cut out already in this movie... But they already explained the invasion and why... and why the team needs to be assembled...
How is it better? It’s not even a movie. It is an entire season of a show wrapped up into one with a real shitty score. I actually liked it but I cannot see how anyone can say Snyder movie was great when nearly the entire movie set up a prequel for Cyborg or a sequel.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Whedon's sucked balls, and IMO, Snyder's is a much fuller and interesting film, so I guess I'm the moron.

LOL
I’ll agree Snyder’s was more well rounded but it was 4 hours. Just to me, the only thing that makes it interesting is because a lot people hated Whedon’s and Snyder went Marvel esque where he was doing multiple stories and setting up other stories (which is good). It would be nice if we had an alternate universe where we could flip them and see which one was “more interesting”.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it better? It’s not even a movie. It is an entire season of a show wrapped up into one with a real shitty score. I actually liked it but I cannot see how anyone can say Snyder movie was great when nearly the entire movie set up a prequel for Cyborg or a sequel.

even if you took away all the fluff, which was probably 2 full hours... what made it so much better was that it explained Steppenwolf's attack right away... and showed that he was a henchman for Darkseid...

the original movie, only inferred that darkseid was the big bad... that by itself made it better...

in the original, even though I liked it, If I didn't know the characters from comics and cartoons I would have questioned ALL of their motives... including Steppenwolf...

This extended version explained everyone's motives within the first hour...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if you took away all the fluff, which was probably 2 full hours... what made it so much better was that it explained Steppenwolf's attack right away... and showed that he was a henchman for Darkseid...

the original movie, only inferred that darkseid was the big bad... that by itself made it better...

in the original, even though I liked it, If I didn't know the characters from comics and cartoons I would have questioned ALL of their motives... including Steppenwolf...

This extended version explained everyone's motives within the first hour...
I get that. But with especially with Steppenwolf his entire plot of the Snyder movie is to set up either a prequel or a sequel. I see all over the critics loving Snyder because Cyborg was central to the story unlike Whedon’s. Well without Whedon’s literally no one except Woke folks would have cared because Cyborg has been an insignificant character. Much like how Black Panther blew up because they introduced him into the MCU.

My critique of Snyder’s movie isn’t really the movie itself, it is for those who think it is superior to Whedon’s because they aren’t comparable. One is a movie, the other is a tv series. If they just put him in charge of the DCEU then this “movie” could be great and change the entire direction of the terrible movies DC has made. But if it true he doesn’t want to do a sequel then this cut should go down as one of the worst movies of all times because it doesn’t have an Act 1 or an Act 3.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't expect to watch the Snyder cut but I had 4 hours to kill last week and watched. Better than the original but still just an average movie. I don't think he needed to remove EVERY joke from the original.

I also didn't hate the original but I don't expect much from superhero movies.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching the Zack Snyder version. I felt like this was a much superior film than the garbage that Joss put out.