• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just When You Thought It was Safe ....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of maggie siff...... so she's on Madmen, which seems to all the rage now.... never watched it.

Her character is pretty much done on Mad Men, but she's a main character on Sons of Anarchy. She also had a cameo on Funny People (she was the ONE woman who turned down Adam Sandler's character).

Smokin' hot. And, honorable mention to Jewesses Mila Kunis, Jennifer Connelly, and Natalie Portman.

BTW, Mad Men is the best thing on TV now that The Wire is done.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOA is one of the best shows on TV. You should definitely get caught up. They are into season 3 right now.

I dont watch Mad Men, so I did not even know she was involved in that show.

SOA is a good, but not great, show. It's always good to see Ron Perlman --- a very weird looking and underrated actor. Outlaw biker is probably one of the few roles he can be cast for.

Mad Men is amazing. Just saw an interview with Matt Weiner (creator) last week at --where else-- the JCC. It's just really rare to see any TV effort that is that smartly written and true to life (I was going to drop "verisimilitude" but have learned over the years that words like that piss people off). If any of you haven't gotten into it, you'd be doing yourself a huge favor to start a Season 1, Ep 1. Maggie Siff plays Rachel Minkin, a Jewish department store heiress based on the Bergdorf-Goodman empire.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOA is a good, but not great, show. It's always good to see Ron Perlman --- a very weird looking and underrated actor. Outlaw biker is probably one of the few roles he can be cast for.

Mad Men is amazing. Just saw an interview with Matt Weiner (creator) last week at --where else-- the JCC. It's just really rare to see any TV effort that is that smartly written and true to life (I was going to drop "verisimilitude" but have learned over the years that words like that piss people off). If any of you haven't gotten into it, you'd be doing yourself a huge favor to start a Season 1, Ep 1. Maggie Siff plays Rachel Minkin, a Jewish department store heiress based on the Bergdorf-Goodman empire.

Hellboy was also surprisingly entertaining. Perlman delivers one-liners with a nice touch. I thought to myself "the makeup artist did wonders for the cast".. then saw him at a premier for HellBoy II... he did not require that much makeup for the lead role.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hellboy was also surprisingly entertaining. Perlman delivers one-liners with a nice touch. I thought to myself "the makeup artist did wonders for the cast".. then saw him at a premier for HellBoy II... he did not require that much makeup for the lead role.

He was awesome in La Cite des Enfants (City of Children) as a former circus attraction.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was awesome in La Cite des Enfants (City of Children) as a former circus attraction.

Watched that one last week with my girl friend. We usually like dark french comedies/fantasies, but that and The Butcher were a little too strange for us. I don't think we approached them with the right mind set. Plus, that actor with the constant bitter beer face can be a bit abrasive for an entire two hours. I appreciate his cameo in Amelie much more.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After catching up here I went over to DumDumVille and was sad to see very little NN posts and no Titos. I guess Tito went nuts and got banned and his posts deleted. NN 'didn't have internet access'. But he does have 'lots of money' so no matter what the cost he'll be at PacBell for a game. Maybe tzill can be his friend?

See if you can get him to pay the $50 fee to join us here.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh fuck.

Nolan just predicted Giants in 7.

I'm not at all kidding when I say that data point is the biggest reason I have to doubt the Giants winning the WS.

Fuck.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh fuck.

Nolan just predicted Giants in 7.

I'm not at all kidding when I say that data point is the biggest reason I have to doubt the Giants winning the WS.

Fuck.

I know..but you know he'll flip flop at the moment of adversity (always expected with this Giants team) so considered this one of his many dipshit predictions

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know..but you know he'll flip flop at the moment of adversity (always expected with this Giants team) so considered this one of his many dipshit predictions

I know, I know. In fact now that you mention it, the pattern holds. Just like he predicted the Giants winning the division at season's start (good for him) but eradicated it all year with pronouncing them dead, same should apply.

He's got them winning in 7 but after the first loss he'll predict a collapse. And thus they will win in 6 or 7, and he'll be able to be 'right'.

What a miserable buffoon.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok MSG - just think it through. For the Giants to to take it in 7 they have to lose 3. If the Giants lose 2 then NN is off the wagon for the remainder of this season. NN could never possibly stay with the Giants through 3 losses. I'm guessing he would bail at loss number 2. Isn't that what he did with PHI

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok MSG - just think it through. For the Giants to to take it in 7 they have to lose 3. If the Giants lose 2 then NN is off the wagon for the remainder of this season. NN could never possibly stay with the Giants through 3 losses. I'm guessing he would bail at loss number 2. Isn't that what he did with PHI

A very good point. I don't think he could even handle Giants in 5.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lose 2? He's going to drop trou and poop a few at the first bad play the Giants make.

btw, he wouldn't leave if the Giants lose a few games..that's when he's at his worst "i knew it" blah blah blah feeding off the trolls and tito (same thing, lol)

again it's seriously weird because he was such a huge proponent of this team at the start of the season (April) when a lot of naysayers were crapping on the Giants.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lose 2? He's going to drop trou and poop a few at the first bad play the Giants make.

btw, he wouldn't leave if the Giants lose a few games..that's when he's at his worst "i knew it" blah blah blah feeding off the trolls and tito (same thing, lol)

again it's seriously weird because he was such a huge proponent of this team at the start of the season (April) when a lot of naysayers were crapping on the Giants.

This.

Yup, he's invisible when the Giants win.

My guess to the above in bold as to why he was such a proponent for the Giants? Because he's an attention whore and he loves saying controversial things. I don't think he said it to be a true fan, I think he said it because it would stir up the most amount of attention and controversy. The guy loves pressing "hot buttons" and that in my guess was one of them. I highly doubt it was because he wanted to represent solidarity or confidence. Just like in the "prediction thread" he stated that Posey would continue to suck.....the kid is a rookie and had two clutch 2 out rbi hits and also caught the short hop to tag out the runner at home.....

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

My guess to the above in bold as to why he was such a proponent for the Giants? Because he's an attention whore and he loves saying controversial things. I don't think he said it to be a true fan, I think he said it because it would stir up the most amount of attention and controversy. The guy loves pressing "hot buttons" and that in my guess was one of them. I highly doubt it was because he wanted to represent solidarity or confidence. Just like in the "prediction thread" he stated that Posey would continue to suck.....the kid is a rookie and had two clutch 2 out rbi hits and also caught the short hop to tag out the runner at home.....

Yeah he keeps dropping these to try to bait some controversy. You have it exactly right. Posey had more hits than any other NL player in the 2010 playoffs. That just sucks.

Notice he says very little when Posey goes 4 for 4.

Pure loser troll. What is with these internet crazies?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

He totally sucked during the series...

The pitchers were successful against him 65% of the time.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I never felt Nolan was really a "huge proponent of this team". April was just an act to poke fun at the regulars (mostly myself and tzill), who had come down pretty hard on him for being a pants-shitter at the end of the previous year, and in spring training. That's why I bumped the "doomsayers" thread as soon as his true colors came back out.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He totally sucked during the series...

The pitchers were successful against him 65% of the time.

He also sucked on defense, look how badly he handled the pitching staff!

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah he keeps dropping these to try to bait some controversy. You have it exactly right. Posey had more hits than any other NL player in the 2010 playoffs. That just sucks.

Notice he says very little when Posey goes 4 for 4.

Pure loser troll. What is with these internet crazies?

Exactly. Having lurked at 49erwebzone, extreme-giants, and the niner espsn board, I knew exactly what Nolan was from the first day he showed up on the Giants board. The guy has spent a good decade posting, in the style you've come to know, almost everyday. He's a very experienced troll, and obviously has a lot of time on his hands, but he can only exist on boards that allow/encourage trolling.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I see.

I followed most of Spring Training on the radio and didn't sign back on until right before the season started.

I must've mistook Nolan's faith as genuine. I did remember getting into it with him after he overly criticized Bumgarner for his episode in the minors..called MadBum a hothead.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Having lurked at 49erwebzone, extreme-giants, and the niner espsn board, I knew exactly what Nolan was from the first day he showed up on the Giants board. The guy has spent a good decade posting, in the style you've come to know, almost everyday. He's a very experienced troll, and obviously has a lot of time on his hands, but he can only exist on boards that allow/encourage trolling.

He's the main reason I stopped posting there, him and Tito. No matter how hard you pwn them, they prefer the attention. I've destroyed Nolan so many times and yet he's still there trolling. We all have.

It's a shame because I have so many good zingers to use on the outsider trolls (my god the Phillie fans are stupid), or TrueNiners.

Oh well. I like it better not posting there. But do me a solid you lot and keep crushing those fools so I can laugh.