• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

just watched game 6

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
of the rangers series again. i have to say i havent really thought much or missed hockey all that much but man after watching the game again hearing the crowd has me yearning for the puck to drop.

i was there for the game and its easily the greatest devils game i've been to. the only other game that it could match is the 03 finals but for me it will always be the rangers game. waiting 18 years for payback....just remembering how going to the game it was just pure magic in the air outside the rock. going to overtime made it just even more sweet. there really isnt anything better then overtime playoff hockey if its in round 1 or the finals its the most incredible.

thoughts from the game wow kovy was beast mode in the game i think 50 seconds in he nearly pops one top corner on lundqvist. seeing parise hustle man we are going to miss that part of the game big time. i really hope that when the game does come back lou has to go out and get someone to play with kovlachuk. not so much on the same line but just having that 1-2 punch its so vital. i think bobby ryan and whatever it takes to get him here would be incredible.

you have malkin/sid giroux/briere/hartnell gaborik/nash/richards hell even the isles are a legit d man and decent goalie away from making the playoffs. tavares/okposo/grabner really all we have is zajac/kovy elias is solid but still what is it 38? and 2 40 year old goalies. hopefully someone steps it up from camp

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Game 6 was definitely the best game I've ever been to. The only other game I remember it being so loud at was Game 7 against the Hurricanes. Obviously the last minute was the worst thing to happen since 2001 Game 7, but the atmosphere was so intense. Beating the rags like that was so sweet. It's no secret that Henrik has got our number and has a ridiculous record against Marty, so beating them, especially after being down 0-1, and 1-2, was so sweet.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Re Parise: We'll miss him for a long time. I wrote a piece before that henrique is the key. He needs to keep moving forward, or we're going to be in a rough spot here. There's not a ton of forwards knocking down the door. If we want to bring in young scoring forward, Merrill is a supremely prime candidate to be traded. After Larsson, he's obviously the best young asset we have. Clarkson, Henrique, JJ, and Teddy will determine how far we go this season. If they all have bad years, it's going to be too much for Kovy/Elias/Zajac to do it alone.

Also hope the 4th line can contribute for 25G, that would be incredible.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I do like the thought of a great 1-2 punch on the blue line with merril and larson. Didnt like how they handled larson in the playoffs. Not sure what the cap is like next year but we should have a ton of space coming off the books. Also we have 2 years left to choose what drafy pick we lose?

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I do like the thought of a great 1-2 punch on the blue line with merril and larson. Didnt like how they handled larson in the playoffs. Not sure what the cap is like next year but we should have a ton of space coming off the books. Also we have 2 years left to choose what drafy pick we lose?

Correct, we either need to give up in 2013 or 2014 Draft. Obviously 2013 is at our building, and if there's no season, there's no way we give it up because we'd have a shot at the #1 pick.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If no season I'm sure Pitt will get the #1 somehow.

Just think if there was an nhl season in 05 where would sid have ended up? How different would that team be today

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I do think that The devils keep the pick this year since its in our building. But man that puts us in a pickle for the year after.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I rewatched a couple of these games this weekend as well, and I forgot how amazing the crowds were. I remember heading into the first round and being nervous that we'd have a half filled arena and it would be crickets. Then I was worried that the Flyers and more so the Rangers would pack out half the arena and it didn't happen. The fans were great for that run. It's a shame to not have that back.

Given the opportunity I'd rather hold on to Merrill and see if we could make a trade using Urbom/Genlinas and one of the vets along with say a pick or 2. I just have a great feeling about Merrill, think he's going to be a stud, like potential future US Olympian type of stud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JJ and Teddy are the key for us. Henrique I expect to be solid again, I don't expect him to regress. JJ and Tedenby however, have shown glimpses of being solid players but have not been able to stay consistent or healthy. These 2 were high draft picks and are still young but they need to step up and show they were worth the 1st rounders.

Tedenby really needs to step it up. If he can become a top 6 winger it solves a huge problem of ours and gives us way more options for trading our stockpile of D. He would need to earn it, but I would love to see Tedenby get some time on the 1st line with Zajac and Kovy. I think he has the speed and the playmaking ability to keep the D honest and Kovy is 1 of the few people that can handle his speed and out of nowhere style of passing.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What a game. Probably the 3rd best goal I have witnessed in Devils history after MacLean sent the Devils to their first playoffs and the Arnott/Elias goal against the Stars in 2000.
Its payback and it has to sting the Rangers even more than the Matteau goal hurt us because the Rangers really were favorite to win the cup last season by a lot of experts. That and I enjoy watching Torts cry and pout.

I read some articles on Tedenby few weeks ago. Lou said he has worked really hard this summer.
If he bulked up at least 8-10 pounds of muscle, it should help a lot. His main weakness was his strength. 2nd weakness was defensive play. 3rd is confidence. Hard work can overcome all these things.
He might be one of the most purely talented players in the organization.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was at game 3 for florida and i agree 10000% i thought it was going to be a wed night game in November. It was a mad house. Same goes for the other 2 rounds they did a good job keeping those fans out. I was telling my dad that if the devils pulled off the cup win the dvd really might have been the best out of the 4.

If tedenby could turn into another st.Louis o man Kovy Ted zajac henruqie. That's a solid top 2

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's also pray that Clarkson's season wasn't a fluke.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I agree with 20. That's 10 goals and parise 30. 40 goals lost there

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree with 20. That's 10 goals and parise 30. 40 goals lost there

Also have to factor in Zajac missing almost the entire year, hopefully JJ stays healthy and can pot a few, and again, let's hope Henrique keeps progressing and can hit the 20 mark. But I agree, we need some help (Tedenby).