• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just to throw a little gas mixed with jet fuel on the flame

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the Free Agent rankings on ESPN.

Now granted this is only one mans opinion. But interesting none the less. :whistle:

NFL Free-Agent Tracker - ESPN

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three of the four guys generally ranked above him are 30 or better with seven or better years of experience. So I would expect that to a degree. Youth and ability to get better have got to count for something. Why do people even list RFA's that have been tendered I often wonder.

And when ranking FA's in an over all group from 1-what ever, I rarely even pay attention to those. Because you cant honestly compare a WR to a DT and say this player is worth more because the positions dont translate.

Bottom line, he is not as bad as some people think, and is worth more than most people seem to want to pay. :)

As for the smileys thing.... Did you piss of Skinsdad and get yor smiley privileges taken away?? LOL

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a lot better than some of those rankings but I don't think he's as good as you believe. That's just it...opinions are like assholes...some of them stink...or something like that.

Freakin' smiley faces....:P or something like that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a lot better than some of those rankings but I don't think he's as good as you believe. That's just it...opinions are like assholes...some of them stink...or something like that.

Freakin' smiley faces....:P or something like that.

GK, its not about just how good i think he is. While I totally agree that right now he is only solid. I think he will become more than simply solid going forward. Now I wont say all pro stat hoe or any thing like that. But I think he will eventually (like in the next year or two) be considered one of the guys on par with Dansby, Butler and whom ever else. He will never be an INT magnet, but I can accept that from a guy capable of 100 plus tackles a season. I think if we fimally fix the secondary, and get a little more push/contain from the D-line, Riley has the potential to be for us what LFB was five of the last six years. A guy who is the mind of the defense, a tackling machine and some one the team is much better off having than not.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Riley was better in 2012 than last season. I think he missed too many tackles this year and I think he's limited in athletic ability and he doesn't have the instincts of LFB.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Riley was better in 2012 than last season. I think he missed too many tackles this year and I think he's limited in athletic ability and he doesn't have the instincts of LFB.

I think our defense over all was better in 2012. And as much as people say other players on the team need talent around them to excel, the same applies to Riley. Our D-line was rather weak last year, the safety position was horrendous. And to top it off, as much as I love the guy, LFB was a shadow of himself last year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polian's cap numbers per score are absurdly low.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our defense over all was better in 2012. And as much as people say other players on the team need talent around them to excel, the same applies to Riley. Our D-line was rather weak last year, the safety position was horrendous. And to top it off, as much as I love the guy, LFB was a shadow of himself last year.

I agree to an extent but it shouldn't affect his tackling. And as bad as LFB was, wouldn't that give Riley more chances?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to an extent but it shouldn't affect his tackling. And as bad as LFB was, wouldn't that give Riley more chances?

It did, which is why he actually led the team in tackles. Would be interesting to know just how many tackles he actually missed, and where that compares to other LBs in the NFL. And i disagree some what. When a guy is worried about not only his role, but other peoples as well, he cant play as instinctive, and he is thinking more than just playing. Kinda like a QB whos accuracy suffers because he spends more time worrying about the pass rush than actually getting the pass off.

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell. I hope he tests FA and realizes he's just not worth that much.

I agree. I think it would be foolish to bend on him. Let me test the waters and see that the Redskins are actually offering the most. Just not what he wants.

What teams would see him as an improvement to what they have?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They updated Butlers deal. they said its for 3 years at 6.6 mil a season. Now I said Riley is worth 5 mil in this market. If it takes and extra million to get him I think the Skins would do it. Is it high yes but to lose him over a million a year is just not worth it. In a perfect world we get him for 5 mil a season but I don't think that will happen. If his agent asks for 6 its not too crazy b/c he is just as good as Butler.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think it would be foolish to bend on him. Let me test the waters and see that the Redskins are actually offering the most. Just not what he wants.

What teams would see him as an improvement to what they have?

How about one of the six other teams losing starting ILBs for one reason or another?? He is reportedly asking for $5.5 a year. Which should not be out of the realm. Or we could simply bring in two free agents which I think would be a disaster considering all the other changes we will also be making on the defense.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Jackson just signed with the colts. 4 year deal at 22 million. he is 30 years old. Better than Riley and Butler.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why weren't the Skins going after this guy at that price??

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Errr, let him* test the waters. I am not an NFL free agent.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Jackson just signed with the colts. 4 year deal at 22 million. he is 30 years old. Better than Riley and Butler.

He's also 30 years old dude. 3-5 years of production left max. And I would hedge closer to the 3 number. Thats 5.5 million a year. Riley and Butler should realistically have another ten years of productive play left in them barring a catastrophic injury. If you sign a guy to a four year deal but realistically only expect to get 2-3 years out of him, would you be better served to sign a younger guy for the same money that you expect will be there for 5-7 years?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why weren't the Skins going after this guy at that price??

Because we have a long standing organizational habit of valuing out side talent more than we value our own perhaps?? IM telling you, we are going to make a big move Tuesday the likes of a Byrd, Talib or something along those lines. And while Im not a fan of the move, Decker or Nicks wouldnt shock me at all.