• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just for fun, more Big 12 expansion rumors

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you a fan of USCe and UGA?

USC grad (and son of professor, thus grew up as a Gamecock).
Born in Athens while parents were in grad school at Georgia. Mom remained a big Dawg fan all her life and died recently, so I'm honoring her with the logo.
My current gf is also a Georgia girl, so I just have a lot of ties to them. Of course, I always pull for them to lose if it helps USC's standing. But I like for them to win their other games.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dp_broncos

Possibly Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah is only decent about every 4th or 5th season. They have zero sustainability. Anyone that follows Utah knows this. Cripes, BSU was beating up on Utah back when BSU was D1-AA.

Utah wasn't taken for their TV market, either. They don't even own their own state, let alone their own market. They were taken because the PAC-12 backed themselves into a corner, and took the next best Academic school available. Utah wasn't chosen for their sports, that's obvious.

BoSelecta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah is only decent about every 4th or 5th season. They have zero sustainability. Anyone that follows Utah knows this. Cripes, BSU was beating up on Utah back when BSU was D1-AA.

Utah wasn't taken for their TV market, either. They don't even own their own state, let alone their own market. They were taken because the PAC-12 backed themselves into a corner, and took the next best Academic school available. Utah wasn't chosen for their sports, that's obvious.

How quickly forgotten is the fact that, as a mid-major peer, Utah had a far superior win/loss record over BCS AQ teams than did our Broncos. And Utah achieved this with a much larger sample (i.e. Utah did not have Mean Gene scheduling opponents). Today Utah knows full well, as will TCU, how difficult success on the field comes when playing a real schedule. Instead of a weekly diet of pigeons like Wyoming and New Mexico.

The appropriate response ought to be celebration. Utah escaped the mid-major morass just as we aspire to do. God speed.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How quickly forgotten is the fact that, as a mid-major peer, Utah had a far superior win/loss record over BCS AQ teams than did our Broncos. And Utah achieved this with a much larger sample (i.e. Utah did not have Mean Gene scheduling opponents). Today Utah knows full well, as will TCU, how difficult success on the field comes when playing a real schedule. Instead of a weekly diet of pigeons like Wyoming and New Mexico.

The appropriate response ought to be celebration. Utah escaped the mid-major morass just as we aspire to do. God speed.

You want to compare BSU to TCU, I got no problem. In TCUs first year in they lose their starting QB and finish in the middle of the conference getting clobbered by no one. In their second year they are picked by many to win the conference and almost all educated fans to be a lock for the top 3. I'll take that result scenario for BSU their first 2 years in either the Pac or Big 12.

Are Wyoming and New Mexico really bigger "pigeons" than Wazzu and Colorado? Are Fresno, Nevada and Utah State really cupcake row compared to the mid season gauntlet of Cal, Utah and Arizona?

Where I take real issue is comparing BSU and Utah. Trying to compare us (and use it as a matrix to illustrate how we would perform) with Utah is not only irresponsile, it is plain retarted. How can you use a team that hasn' t crossed the goal line or managed to generate 200 yards of offense in the last two meetings as a gauge? It's like an Idaho Vandal fan claiming they would win the MWC this year because they only lost to BSU by an average of 48 points the last 10 times they played.

BoSelecta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to compare BSU to TCU, I got no problem. In TCUs first year in they lose their starting QB and finish in the middle of the conference getting clobbered by no one. In their second year they are picked by many to win the conference and almost all educated fans to be a lock for the top 3. I'll take that result scenario for BSU their first 2 years in either the Pac or Big 12.

Are Wyoming and New Mexico really bigger "pigeons" than Wazzu and Colorado? Are Fresno, Nevada and Utah State really cupcake row compared to the mid season gauntlet of Cal, Utah and Arizona?

Where I take real issue is comparing BSU and Utah. Trying to compare us (and use it as a matrix to illustrate how we would perform) with Utah is not only irresponsile, it is plain retarted. How can you use a team that hasn' t crossed the goal line or managed to generate 200 yards of offense in the last two meetings as a gauge? It's like an Idaho Vandal fan claiming they would win the MWC this year because they only lost to BSU by an average of 48 points the last 10 times they played.

Coach Whittingham said it best after his 1st year playing against real college football teams. The source was the Salt Lake City Deseret newspaper.

Coach Whittingham said, in effect, in the MWC, play a bad game versus a MWC pigeon, Utah still wins. Not decisively. Don't cover. But Utah wins. In the PAC, have a bad week versus a PAC12 pigeon - Utah or any other team loses.

So the answer to your question is so simple. MWC pigeons are not the same as PAC pigeons.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Whittingham said it best after his 1st year playing against real college football teams. The source was the Salt Lake City Deseret newspaper.

Coach Whittingham said, in effect, in the MWC, play a bad game versus a MWC pigeon, Utah still wins. Not decisively. Don't cover. But Utah wins. In the PAC, have a bad week versus a PAC12 pigeon - Utah or any other team loses.

So the answer to your question is so simple. MWC pigeons are not the same as PAC pigeons.

What? This one statment without even looking at head to head matchups over the last several years is what you are formatting your entire argument around? In 2010 after losing to BSU by over 50 Fresno State coach Pat Hill said his teams had played the best teams in the country in the past and had never been manhandled like that. He went on to say BSU was the best team in the Country. Do we get to lay claim to the 2010 crystal ball because one coach said so?

Look at the "actual results" and try to justify your loopy response with a single fact.

BoSelecta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? This one statment without even looking at head to head matchups over the last several years is what you are formatting your entire argument around? In 2010 after losing to BSU by over 50 Fresno State coach Pat Hill said his teams had played the best teams in the country in the past and had never been manhandled like that. He went on to say BSU was the best team in the Country. Do we get to lay claim to the 2010 crystal ball because one coach said so?

Look at the "actual results" and try to justify your loopy response with a single fact.

Sound memory and sound logic are in such short-supply here in the Bronco Nation.

Think! How did that PAC12 pigeon WSU do against Washington last season? How did our Broncos do against that same Husky team? Turns out, we were fortunate to win in a near even contest.

I remember last December well. Most of my fellow Bronco fans came to the conclusion that our Washington bowl game would be a blow-out. These Bronco fans boasted and bragged about another easy win. Our Broncos would push the Huskies from pillar to post. And why such confidence? Using this small-town, small school, mid-major conference football but flawed logic, because that PAC12 pigeon WSU just beat Washington. And by WAC/MWC extension (and what is posted here today)- a WAC/MWC cupcake is the same as a PAC cupcake.

Wrong. A BCS AQ pigeon is not a mid-major WAC/MWC pigeon. Making wrong assumptions is OK. Acting on wrong assumptions what gets you into trouble.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sound memory and sound logic are in such short-supply here in the Bronco Nation.

Think! How did that PAC12 pigeon WSU do against Washington last season? How did our Broncos do against that same Husky team? Turns out, we were fortunate to win in a near even contest.

I remember last December well. Most of my fellow Bronco fans came to the conclusion that our Washington bowl game would be a blow-out. These Bronco fans boasted and bragged about another easy win. Our Broncos would push the Huskies from pillar to post. And why such confidence? Using this small-town, small school, mid-major conference football but flawed logic, because that PAC12 pigeon WSU just beat Washington. And by WAC/MWC extension (and what is posted here today)- a WAC/MWC cupcake is the same as a PAC cupcake.

Wrong. A BCS AQ pigeon is not a mid-major WAC/MWC pigeon. Making wrong assumptions is OK. Acting on wrong assumptions what gets you into trouble.

We may just have made a small breakthrough my Vandal friend. Just went from one statment from one coach to one head to head example. Just consider the last 4 years matchups to gain a little broader perspective.

BSU v UofW 28-26 W
BSU v ASU 56-24 W
BSU v Oregon State 37-24
BSU v Oregon 19-8 W

How has WSU performed against those 4 teams in the same time frame? You managed to pull the ONLY win in 16 games to base your theory on. Heck in the last 5 years the MWC is 16-13 against the Pac 12. Just look at the last few years of matchups between the 2 conferences. Pretty close and very few absolute blow outs by teams not named BSU or Oregon.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey Bo. Boise is 7 and 1 against the Pac 12 under Chris Petersen and 9 and 1 against current Pac 12 teams. What Boise does is crank out TOP 5 and TOP 10 teams in the NATION year after year after year. Go fuck yourself you piece of shit Boise State Hater. Go troll somewhere you fucking doucebag.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo's inferiority complex screams Idaho fan, but his favorite pro teams scream Washington fan

BoSelecta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised, if this ever happened LOL
When pigs fly.
2h6gkft.png

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When pigs fly.
2h6gkft.png

now this has gone in circles

you are in love with something in that picture, since Boise State owns you in some way it's not the one in the middle

so is it the one of the right or the one on the left??

dp_broncos

Possibly Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How quickly you forget, the majority of those W's came against AQ's with losing records. Utah has been BSU's bitch since the '80's. They sucked then, and they're mediocre now with an occasional kick ass season.

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now this has gone in circles

you are in love with something in that picture, since Boise State owns you in some way it's not the one in the middle

so is it the one of the right or the one on the left??

He snapped the one of his girl on the left himself. Don't make fun though hes awful proud.
shes a ten :10:

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He snapped the one of his girl on the left himself. Don't make fun though hes awful proud.
shes a ten :10:

That's not his girl. That is his sister. His boyfriend is way to bashfull to be photograghed.