• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just answer me this...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had months to plan for this draft. In the end, we walked away from the first 3 rounds with 2 players, an OG and a pass rusher

Let me ask this

When Donald got to Tennessee at 11, why didn't we call and offer them out 1st and 2nd? They would have jumped on adding a 2nd to drop 5 spots. Then we take Donald. In the 3rd round, David Yankey is still sitting there. Heck of a guard

If your plan was to trade and only get 2 players in the first three rounds, would you prefer Donald and Yankey or Martin and Lawrence

Just Curious

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had months to plan for this draft. In the end, we walked away from the first 3 rounds with 2 players, an OG and a pass rusher

Let me ask this

When Donald got to Tennessee at 11, why didn't we call and offer them out 1st and 2nd? They would have jumped on adding a 2nd to drop 5 spots. Then we take Donald. In the 3rd round, David Yankey is still sitting there. Heck of a guard

If your plan was to trade and only get 2 players in the first three rounds, would you prefer Donald and Yankey or Martin and Lawrence

Just Curious
honestly Martin & Lawrence.
Martin better than Yankey so far as we think. Donald is the same position as Melton, where we have no one at DE.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me ask this

Just Curious

They Needed a PASS Rusher, you would have made a better argument saying Barr. Melton is the 3 tech, why double up @ that position and still be without a pass rusher to replace Ware? This is checker not chess......

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They Needed a PASS Rusher, you would have made a better argument saying Barr. Melton is the 3 tech, why double up @ that position and still be without a pass rusher to replace Ware? This is checker not chess......

LMAO, yeah, I saw Training Day too Denzel. A little while ago, you were claiming you'd rather have Lawrence than Ware because of his Nasty Attitude, so I guess it figures

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly Martin & Lawrence.
Martin better than Yankey so far as we think. Donald is the same position as Melton, where we have no one at DE.

I'd rather have Donald than both Martin and Lawrence. Whoever we got in the 3rd would be icing to me

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me ask this

Just Curious

Martin Jernigan and a 3rd round pick

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, yeah, I saw Training Day too Denzel. A little while ago, you were claiming you'd rather have Lawrence than Ware because of his Nasty Attitude, so I guess it figures

If you gonna quote me at least do it correctly. I said the only issue I ever had with Ware is he lacked "Nasty" NEVER said I liked Lawrence better. Next time come correct or don't come at ALL!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me ask this

Just Curious

So you think Donald was worth our first and second pick? I hope you didn't complain about trading up on day 2 if you would have done that. I would have been so pissed off if we did that.

I wasn't in the room, but I'm sure The plan going in wasn't to trade down and get only 2 players. Well,I hope it wasn't.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin Jernigan and a 3rd round pick

I'm with you. I said yesterday that is what I would have been looking at. Then watching Crichton drop I would have traded up for him in the 3rd and taken those 3 with my top 3 picks.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me ask this

Just Curious

I for one am glad we didn't do thism if we did I'd of hated the 1st Rd too.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Donald was worth our first and second pick? I hope you didn't complain about trading up on day 2 if you would have done that. I would have been so pissed off if we did that.

I wasn't in the room, but I'm sure The plan going in wasn't to trade down and get only 2 players. Well,I hope it wasn't.

No I don't, I would have gone Martin, Ealy and Sutton. I am questioning the Cowboys trading up in this draft. If they were willing to walk away from rounds 1-3 with only two players, why not get your number one target in Donald and then someone else in the third. They gave up a third to move up in the 2nd. Last year, the Niners gave us a 3rd to move up in the 1st. We're taking the hose on every trade

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't, I would have gone Martin, Ealy and Sutton. I am questioning the Cowboys trading up in this draft. If they were willing to walk away from rounds 1-3 with only two players, why not get your number one target in Donald and then someone else in the third. They gave up a third to move up in the 2nd. Last year, the Niners gave us a 3rd to move up in the 1st. We're taking the hose on every trade

Who said Donald was the number #1 target? Pass rusher was & when Barr was off the board they traded up in the 2nd to get the next best one on THEIR board. Why is that so hard to understand? Once again this is checkers NOT chess. Let's not going to go in circles.....:gaah:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're taking the hose on every trade

This is our biggest draft day problem and exactly why when everyone was talking before the draft about all these trades we should make and how if we moved back we would get all these great players I wanted no part of it. Our best strategy should be sit right where we are and make our picks and not trade anything before a 6th because we just can't do it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said Donald was the number #1 target? Pass rusher was & when Barr was off the board they traded up in the 2nd to get the next best one on THEIR board. Why is that so hard to understand? Once again this is checkers NOT chess. Let's not going to go in circles.....:gaah:

Good Grief with the Training Day checkers not chess bullshit lmao. If you were in charge it would be Go Fish.

That Denzel line is obviously your all time favorite. Mine comes from The Town

''I need your help. You can never ask me about it when it's over, and we're gonna hurt some people''

.....''Who's car do we take?''

lankdogg84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this team needed to draft defense and all of these players were available in round 7 when all 3 were projected anywhere from round 3 to round 6... How did we not draft Jackson Jeffcoat, Kelcy Quarles or Anthony Johnson. Cowboys owner and scouts all suck. I give this draft an F. The only good pick we had was Martin in the 1st. Crawford will be alright but we reached for him. He would have been there around pick 16 in the second round if we wanted him then. Or if he was selected before then we could have gone with Scott Crichton.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this team needed to draft defense and all of these players were available in round 7 when all 3 were projected anywhere from round 3 to round 6... How did we not draft Jackson Jeffcoat, Kelcy Quarles or Anthony Johnson. Cowboys owner and scouts all suck. I give this draft an F. The only good pick we had was Martin in the 1st. Crawford will be alright but we reached for him. He would have been there around pick 16 in the second round if we wanted him then. Or if he was selected before then we could have gone with Scott Crichton.

Why did 32 other teams pass on them? Mel Kiper thought they should have gone earlier. NFL scouts and GMs disagreed. I don't have a problem with any of our picks. I am disappointed with the trade and I wonder why we took Hitchens as early as we did, but I think this was a very good draft IF you can ignore that stupid trade.