• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

July 1st is right around the corner

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PS no way you move Karrlson he is far to valuable on the forecheck best hands down on this team can't replace t

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow, I can't believe this sight is up still. Been on HF mostly since ESPN, but glad to see Korky and Cmon still here. No filo? Haven't been around this site for years, but loved the small, yet knowledgable (which is extremely hard to find, sharks fans. I think they could move Marleau and his 6.6 , but Marleau has to want to go ANYWHERE, and I find that hard hard to believe. That said, moving Wingles I think that is an easy trade if they want to get low value/late pick/ and it opens up cap space for 1 move if they want tao upgrade top6. can't see them signing a D-man outside of 6/7 depth. I see them standing pat other than singing a backup goalie and depth D. I think Reimer signs with someone who will let him compete for or at least have a 60/40 55/45 split, which is not happening in SJ. Will be curious to see how FA plays out as we have the money to add a forward, but Meier likely makes the team and leaves maybe 1 spot open to Goldobin, O'Regan, Carpenter or maybe we luck out and find a bottom ^ guy in Sorensen. No matter what i this we can agree that there have been two incompetent trades already so who knows what will happen this summer.
I can see Wingels getting moved, a player like him would be an easy pick up this off season, or resign Spalling cheaply. I think theres a real chance Riemer stays, not a whole lot of places looking for starting goalies right except maybe Edmonton.

I still cant believe that Subban trade Habs got fleeced, and Hall for Larrsson just crazy

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks signed Dman David Schlemko to a 4 year deal at $2.1m per. IMO a very good signing for the 3rd pairing and probably a sign Dillon might be on his way out. Schlemko is a great possession player who skates and moves the puck well and can run the 2nd PP. A Heed/Demelo - Schlemko 3rd pairing should be very good.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks signed Dman David Schlemko to a 4 year deal at $2.1m per. IMO a very good signing for the 3rd pairing and probably a sign Dillon might be on his way out. Schlemko is a great possession player who skates and moves the puck well and can run the 2nd PP. A Heed/Demelo - Schlemko 3rd pairing should be very good.
Yeah I thought this was a great depth pick up and he's still at an age where his in his prome

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't see them going after players who are slowing and in a rapid decline or who are higher profile like these two. I can see them perusing someone like Boedker.

Karlsson, Wingels, Nieto are all possible trade candidates as the team will look to make room for Goldobin and possibly Meier. There is a good chance Sorenson makes the team as well.

I will be most interested in what happens with the bottom pairing on defense. Pretty sure Polak isn't coming back. The Sharks have already signed a Dman who could push either Demelo or Dillon out of the line up in Tim Heed and it's rumored they are looking to make a move for another Dman.

Sharks have signed Boedker to a 4 year $16m contract. Well look at that.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lol! Pretty much means Marleau is permanent 3rd line

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
just got back from a month overseas, just in time for a great UFA day. Love the boedker and schlemko deals. Of course, I think we arent done on the trade front. Dougie could resign neito and demelo and sneak under the cap, maybe, but I could see him shopping wingels, dillon, or nieto, for some breathing room.

Either way the sharks top 10 forwards are very good even with jumbo and patty playing 15 mins/gm. pavs, cooch, Hertl, ward, boedker, Donskoi (who could seriously emerge this year), karlsson, Tierney, and wingels are already a respectable 9, and add in the oldies and nieto and they have 12 forwards with potential top 9 stuff. Also, goldobin and meier are knocking on the door, so the sharks are actually overcrowded potentially at forward. Nieto and wingels seems like the obvious candidates to be shopped given their current roles, ages, and cap numbers.

I dont expect dillon to be moved as I think dougie like having demelo as a potential #7, rather than slotting him into the top 6. With the inevitable injury bug, the #7 dman will likely play more games than he will sit, and you wont a respectable guy there. Mueller is just too big a question mark right now to expect him to play solid minutes nightly. if dougie pulled a rabbit out of his hat and managed to deal dillon, wingels, and nieto for a top 4 level Dman, then we'd be in business. I cant see it coming though, and as of this moment, I don't see any other D in the system likely to make the jump. That's why I expect Dillon-Schlemko is the final pairing on day one with demelo in reserve.

Dougie did mention that he may not be done and will continue to look to add even saying that he might add by trade. Lots of bait out there including picks (they have 2 extra 6th rounder and an extra 7th despite missing their 2nd rounder). obviously the jones trade worked wonders, so dougie surely won't overvalue his picks if the right deal presents itself.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks have signed Boedker to a 4 year $16m contract. Well look at that.

Possibly. It's going to depend on how they utilize Hertl. Will they keep him with the Joes where he was really good this year or move him back to center where they want him to play post Thornton.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oops. That was supposed to be a quote of Korky's last post.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Possibly. It's going to depend on how they utilize Hertl. Will they keep him with the Joes where he was really good this year or move him back to center where they want him to play post Thornton.

I expect hertl will be back with the joes given the success this past year. That said, its a fluid situation with 12 solid forwards already there (including nieto) and two likely NHL caliber prospects, Im sure deboer will do some experimenting. I dont expect that jumbo will average over 18 mins again or patty over 19 mins. Im sure they will get their PP time still, but I would expect them to be in the 16-17 min range as few 37 year olds can play nearly 20 mins effectively. As such, I think it will be far more fluid to see what works. I expect they will stick with a jumbo-cooch-patty-Tierney as the 1-2-3-4 at center., which ranks amongst the best in the NHL. I also think injuries and the performance of meier and goldobin in the preseason could change things as well.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just got back from a month overseas, just in time for a great UFA day. Love the boedker and schlemko deals. Of course, I think we arent done on the trade front. Dougie could resign neito and demelo and sneak under the cap, maybe, but I could see him shopping wingels, dillon, or nieto, for some breathing room.

Either way the sharks top 10 forwards are very good even with jumbo and patty playing 15 mins/gm. pavs, cooch, Hertl, ward, boedker, Donskoi (who could seriously emerge this year), karlsson, Tierney, and wingels are already a respectable 9, and add in the oldies and nieto and they have 12 forwards with potential top 9 stuff. Also, goldobin and meier are knocking on the door, so the sharks are actually overcrowded potentially at forward. Nieto and wingels seems like the obvious candidates to be shopped given their current roles, ages, and cap numbers.

I dont expect dillon to be moved as I think dougie like having demelo as a potential #7, rather than slotting him into the top 6. With the inevitable injury bug, the #7 dman will likely play more games than he will sit, and you wont a respectable guy there. Mueller is just too big a question mark right now to expect him to play solid minutes nightly. if dougie pulled a rabbit out of his hat and managed to deal dillon, wingels, and nieto for a top 4 level Dman, then we'd be in business. I cant see it coming though, and as of this moment, I don't see any other D in the system likely to make the jump. That's why I expect Dillon-Schlemko is the final pairing on day one with demelo in reserve.

Dougie did mention that he may not be done and will continue to look to add even saying that he might add by trade. Lots of bait out there including picks (they have 2 extra 6th rounder and an extra 7th despite missing their 2nd rounder). obviously the jones trade worked wonders, so dougie surely won't overvalue his picks if the right deal presents itself.
I like Wingels but I think moving him at this point wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm sure the Islanders would like to replace Matt Martin so that could be a good place to start. Maybe resign Spalling cheap, and go after someone else.

I like Dillion with Schlemko I think you will too, he won't be handicapped with an anchor like Pollak. When he was paired with Demelo he was fine.

Backup goalie is going to be a massive issue, that has to be addressed. Neither Dell or Groesnick are the answer

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah I have a hard time seeing them separating those 3 unless Timo comes in and impressive and they have Patty, Hertl, and Mierer together, which honestly sounds like a scary match up problem for teams

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Given his skill set I think Meier would do well lined up with the Joes. We will see what happens but with the addition of Boedker and Meier, Sorenson, and Goldobin pressing for roster spots the line up can be very fluid as Rules pointed out.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I have a hard time seeing them separating those 3 unless Timo comes in and impressive and they have Patty, Hertl, and Mierer together, which honestly sounds like a scary match up problem for teams

Personally I see no reason to rush meier to the bigs. He still has another year of junior if they want, or he can go to the AHL first. They have 12 forwards already, and no reason to park he or goldobin in a 4th line role.

I think much depends on what, if any, deals dougie does between now and october. Wingels, Nieto, and Dillon are all potentially moveable. I am not sure dougie is done since they only have 3M under the cap and need a 7th Dman, 2 forwards and a backup goalie. If Nieto, Dell, and demelo are three of those, they will be pretty much out of space, and it will be tough for dougie to make a move at the deadline. I figure wingels is on the way out with his 2.5M on the cap, and he found himself in a position far below that number as the lowest avg ice time of any sharks in the PO's. I like him and his physicality as well as scoring touch, but I think dougie will ship him.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They may choose to keep all their dmen because of the expansion draft coming after this season. If they keep them all and one gets selected it won't leave them short going into that offseason.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Given his skill set I think Meier would do well lined up with the Joes. We will see what happens but with the addition of Boedker and Meier, Sorenson, and Goldobin pressing for roster spots the line up can be very fluid as Rules pointed out.

I havent watched meier play all that much, but he seems a little like a hertl style player. 6'1, 210, European power forward with high end skill. If he is, then he'll fit in nicely with possession monsters like jumbo.

Interesting note: the sharks are really expanding beautifully in Europe. Donskoi and karlsson (fin and swede) sign for free (low $$$ and no draft pick used). Hertl (czeck), Boedker (danish), Meier (swiss), Goldobin (russia). And of course prospects like armalis, sorenson, heed. I like that dougie is finding untapped talent, and Id love to see that continue...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, Meier and Goldobin played in the Canadian Junior league so that wasn't really Euro scouting but adding two more scouts, primarily Sundstrom, to their Euro scouting crew has done wonders.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They may choose to keep all their dmen because of the expansion draft coming after this season. If they keep them all and one gets selected it won't leave them short going into that offseason.

The expansion draft is gunna hurt, but can the sharks choose to resign burns "unofficially" so as not to have to protect him? I mean they have to protect cooch, pavs, and hertl. Seems like no matter what the sharks do, they are pretty badly exposed to lose someone of some value. if Burns is not signed, then they could protect:

7 forwards:
pavs, cooch, hertl, Boedker, Donskoi, Ward, and Tierney.

3 D:
Vlasic, Braun, and martin (if Burns is a UFA then, but if not, then martin would be exposed, but at his age, it wouldnt be so so bad if vegas took his last two years. and the sharks saved the nearly 5M on the cap.)

1 D: jones

Exposed: Karlsson, Dillon, Schlemko, Goldobin, Demelo, Mueller, Dell

UFA's: jumbo, patty, and burns (any or all could be signed right after the draft).

That's not the end of the world...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, Meier and Goldobin played in the Canadian Junior league so that wasn't really Euro scouting but adding two more scouts, primarily Sundstrom, to their Euro scouting crew has done wonders.

yeah, I didnt mean to say that they were drafted out of europe, just that dougie kinda had an anti-euro feeling and has relaxed that to the team's benefit.