• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JT the Brick/ Romo

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Truth is we don't know a whole lot about who goes where right now. I do think Winston goes #1 but I'd take Williams DT/USC 1st. After 1 it's a crap shoot.
That's why they get paid the big bucks. If you pass on Winston and he hits, you get fired. If you take him #1 overall and he busts, you get fired. I'd take him.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly have a new found respect for one Tony Romo after hearing his genuine and unorchestrated, or rehearsed, acceptance speech (unlike so many other high profiled celebrities and politicians), while accepting a Nancy Liberman lifetime achievement award recently. I see a different Tony Romo now....a leader with confidence, and not just the same habitual reckless unsure of himself gunslinger, trying so desperately to make a play by himself on almost every other down. The guy finally get's it I think. It would be a shame if this team couldn't surround him with the talent that he needs to finally win the big one at the end of his career. I am beginning to believe now that he really deserves it....and like he said in his speech, not for himself, but for the people whom has made him a better person.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly have a new found respect for one Tony Romo after hearing his genuine and unorchestrated or rehearsed acceptance speech (unlike so many high profiled celebrities and politicians), while accepting a Nancy Liberman lifetime achievement award recently. I see a different Tony Romo now....a leader with confidence, and not just the same habitual reckless unsure of himself gunslinger trying so desperately to make a play on his own every other down. The guy finally get's it I think. It would be a shame if this team couldn't surround him with the talent that needs to finally win the big one. I beginning to believe now that he really deserves it....and like he said in speech, not for himself, but for the people whom has made him a better person.
He's been that guy for years IMO. Just catch Jay Cutler riding an exercise bike during a playoff game while Romo is playing with broken ribs in a regular season game. Actions speak louder than words

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, I played basketball against Nancy Liberman before at my old High School gym many many years ago, and like Romo said in his acceptance speech, and is right, there is a BIG difference between just playing against an average girl when you are a man, versus playing against a professional female basketball player. She played just as good and rough as any man I have ever played against before.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly have a new found respect for one Tony Romo after hearing his genuine and unorchestrated, or rehearsed, acceptance speech (unlike so many other high profiled celebrities and politicians), while accepting a Nancy Liberman lifetime achievement award recently. I see a different Tony Romo now....a leader with confidence, and not just the same habitual reckless unsure of himself gunslinger, trying so desperately to make a play by himself on almost every other down. The guy finally get's it I think. It would be a shame if this team couldn't surround him with the talent that he needs to finally win the big one at the end of his career. I am beginning to believe now that he really deserves it....and like he said in his speech, not for himself, but for the people whom has made him a better person.

I guess you can respect Romo for not being habitually reckless but I think it has more to do with Garrett not putting him in that position. Garrett had Romo thrive by focusing on the Oline and running the rock. It was just the season before when Romo was throwing terrible pics (Denver game in 2013) but it wasnt his fault totally. Andy Reid got out coached so often when he had McNabb throwing the ball 40+ times a game. Romos bone headed plays went away when Garrett put him in a position to succeed. All the Romo haters will be missing him once he retires if he isnt replaced with another stud.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you can respect Romo for not being habitually reckless but I think it has more to do with Garrett not putting him in that position. Garrett had Romo thrive by focusing on the Oline and running the rock. It was just the season before when Romo was throwing terrible pics (Denver game in 2013) but it wasnt his fault totally. Andy Reid got out coached so often when he had McNabb throwing the ball 40+ times a game. Romos bone headed plays went away when Garrett put him in a position to succeed. All the Romo haters will be missing him once he retires if he isnt replaced with another stud.

Fair enough. Good assessment. Gotta keep find a RB stud now to keep things going. In all fairness to Garrett, he did see the need to improve the OL to help Romo.

Last edited:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ucla de would look good opposite lawrence. Corner to me needs to be high priority. If yeldon I'd there in the 3rd the you take him.. that ucla de ran a 4.6 forty. That is fast and he is not small