• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Norman released

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea he made that much. He did say coming out of college- he was asked what RB does he most resemble- his answer - Bo Jackson

I do know over the years he has busted the Giants ass and helped us out lol

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Khalil makes a lot of money also. I'm just trying to figure out why they would let him walk. Keuchly will make a ton soon as does Cam.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have to turn me down before I let him go to one of our biggest rivals. I never really pay attn to the cap that much. I have always thought though especially after the Namdi thing that if u want a player you can get him. How many high priced players can a team have?? I don't know Carolinas roster, but I don't see a ton of those types. Why would they not want this guy. Obviously Cam, Keuchly. Not sure about Davis since he is injury prone. I'm sure Stewart makes decent money. DLine- don't they have a Johnson???
Carolina knows they will soon have to pay other guys boatloads of $$$$

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only that...the guy is clearly going for it with the stage being it's brightest after last seasons play, Thanksgiving with Dez, and the side show with the gmens hot dog show me the money wide receiver. Timing is everything and his current mission is Richard Sherman.

It's funny....emmitt, mike nor Troy get their dues because of the other and the oline back in their hey day, yet all these astute football fans can't see a zone system CB with ballers playing around him. Norman has game but not 14M plus per for 4/5 years he doesn't. It gets that high and you become rent-a-Revis and Norman isn't that kinda player IMO. He's not the island type guy and I really hope he fleches Washington. He just might go with washington...Richard Sherman would think about the social media outcry from playing Dez & Odel twice a year

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but the question isn't why isn't Car giving him a long term contract - that is understandable. The question is why are they letting him go this year when they can have him for a 1 year deal and are coming off a SB? Think of it this way. Carolina basically declined to give him a 1 year deal for $14M - both cash and cap hit. Guess what Carr's cap hit is this year (although only $9M is cash)...it's $14M with rounding! Guy would be far and away our best player in the secondary with or without going there at #4. Interesting he excels in the defense Rod wanted to use here and also that he is criticized for the same things Sherman was...doing what he is asked in his teams defense and doing them at an All Pro level. Again not saying we should sign him, but we will kick the tires unless Wash doesn't let him leave the building.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another thing that just screams there is more to this story and someone happened off the field. Carolina has $30M in cap space. Something will come out on this guy IMO

NFL 2016 Cap Tracker

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smart move by panthers. one great year and in upper 20s.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's see how Norman covers a healthy Dez,and not the dez who should have still been on IR

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another thing that just screams there is more to this story and someone happened off the field. Carolina has $30M in cap space. Something will come out on this guy IMO

NFL 2016 Cap Tracker
I don't know if something happened off field of not. Nothing reported so I will have to assume nothing did. No I wouldn't give him 14M per year but if he signed atca non cap killing level he has to be an option. If he's signs an overpriced contract let it be with the Deadskins.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is odd that he is older and a 5th round pick and boom All Pro. Sure you get better. I'm not suggesting anything here. I just think hype and perception can take you a long way sometimes. He he had a great year but so did their whole defense. He was the leader of the secondary. He is brash. I think he is the perfect guy for our defense actually. I personally don't want him in Washington. Pats or GB will likely get him somehow

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is odd that he is older and a 5th round pick and boom All Pro. Sure you get better. I'm not suggesting anything here. I just think hype and perception can take you a long way sometimes. He he had a great year but so did their whole defense. He was the leader of the secondary. He is brash. I think he is the perfect guy for our defense actually. I personally don't want him in Washington. Pats or GB will likely get him somehow
Heck, I've even heard of UDFA QBs that go on to be pretty good...:thumb:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with any luck Washington will sign him and a week later he's suspended for roids

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is ALWAYS the best way to go regardless of where you are in your cycle, but you filll your gaping holes with FAs so you can draft the best players. Also knowing when to dump your own for a better player is a key to building a dominant team. We seem to struggle with this aspect as this team seems to fall in love with it's own a little too much at times and overpay them or not be able to cut them like most other teams would.

Regardless, do you think that is how Jerry is thinking? How much longer is Romo the QB of this team? I know you liked Wentz, so by your line of thinking above I assume you want QB at any cost this draft? Because without another QB behind/after Romo our future is pretty dim

I am going to hate seeing Wentz in Pfilthy. But the cost to move up that was paid by both clubs was way 2 high IMHO
And I want a QB I am just not sure Who would be available without getting trader Jerry in full blown mode Lynch , Cook and I am not real high on Prescott

And sign a vet the cupboard is pretty bare in that dept but surely McClay can find somebody that is better than whats behind Romo now :hope:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we draft Bosa- I may just pull a tw1st and cut the whole damn thing off. Ha just kidding.

I really think this team needs a lift right now. Most of the news since last season began has been bad, whether we mention injuries or suspensions. Hell even losing out on Robinson was a bummer for me. I thought the Norman thing was perfect.

1. RAmsey 1a. Jack. 2. Hargraves 3. Zeke. 4. Bosa

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor cook may be a very good qb if he worked with a competent qb coach. that kind of rules out dallas.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norman signs with the Skins

BREAKING NEWS Free-agent cornerback Josh Norman has agreed to sign with the Washington Redskins, the team announced.