• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand if you don’t think the Cowboys need Gordon, but please stop with this moral high ground bs. I would not be opposed to having Gordon. We have Gregory and Irving for fucks sake. It’s not like Gordon would ruin the team,

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand if you don’t think the Cowboys need Gordon, but please stop with this moral high ground bs. I would not be opposed to having Gordon. We have Gregory and Irving for fucks sake. It’s not like Gordon would ruin the team,
We have them...in street clothes. Josh Gordon has played in 11 games since 2013. 11.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and you'd think the teams and fans would see that it's a problem to have guys like this always on or close to a suspension. What good does it do to have talented players that are suspended? And the last thing we need to do is put bad influences around Gregory right now. You don't get guys on the team to stop doing stupid shit when you bring in new guys that are only available because of all the stupid shit they do. We have enough idiots of our own. Screw taking on other teams idiots too...

On the field I like our WRs and think they develop more and more throughout the year. Austin and Thompson looked pretty good last night. Beasley looked pretty good week 1 and Gallup I think may be our best WR by next year. Next year T Will is gone. I think bringing in Gordon would be a mistake for many reasons both on and off the field.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and you'd think the teams and fans would see that it's a problem to have guys like this always on or close to a suspension. What good does it do to have talented players that are suspended? And the last thing we need to do is put bad influences around Gregory right now. You don't get guys on the team to stop doing stupid shit when you bring in new guys that are only available because of all the stupid shit they do. We have enough idiots of our own. Screw taking on other teams idiots too...

On the field I like our WRs and think they develop more and more throughout the year. Austin and Thompson looked pretty good last night. Beasley looked pretty good week 1 and Gallup I think may be our best WR by next year. Next year T Will is gone. I think bringing in Gordon would be a mistake for many reasons both on and off the field.
The Cowboys would have never won a SB in the 90s with this kind of thinking. The Goodell era has brainwashed everyone into avoiding problem players. Belichick wants him. Tells you all you need to know.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys would have never won a SB in the 90s with this kind of thinking. The Goodell era has brainwashed everyone into avoiding problem players. Belichick wants him. Tells you all you need to know.
Belichick will also cut him immediately if he has a problem. We'd just hold onto him for years waiting and waiting and waiting. Cleveland didn't feel he was worth the trouble any more...kind of tells you something too. I mean the guy showed up high if what you hear is correct. i wouldn't have kicked and screamed if we signed him, but I'm happy he's going elsewhere

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick will also cut him immediately if he has a problem. We'd just hold onto him for years waiting and waiting and waiting. Cleveland didn't feel he was worth the trouble any more...kind of tells you something too. I mean the guy showed up high if what you hear is correct. i wouldn't have kicked and screamed if we signed him, but I'm happy he's going elsewhere
Yes, it tells me that Cleveland is still Cleveland....and that is awful.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we would have won one on the 90's. Either way, this ain't that team. What are you saying to Gregory if you sign Gordon. Hell, what are you saying to Gordon? Do what you want, keep getting suspended, as long as you have talent. I'm glad he's a Patriot. Brice Butler will help as a deep threat and he will actually make the games

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note...what does it say about Dez that ten teams were in on a drug addict like Gordon and Bryant is still on his couch

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no risk in my mind if we would have gotten Gordon. I dont think he would be cancerous to other players in our locker room. he is his own worst enemy but hasnt dragged others into it.
He would have been cheap so if he didnt work out no biggie.
if we lost a 6th round pick I dont care. we usually have tons of them anyways & waste them in the draft all the time.
It wasnt drug related, & he knows he has no more chances on that front anyways. We wouldnt be cutting or moving someone to PS or whatever we cant do without regardless. Also whoever that would have been probably wont be on the team next year anyways. Guarantee we will try to upgrade our Receiving corp next year anyways (what will that cost us)
So the downside of this not working out isnt that bad.

Now the upside. We get a probowl player on good behavior for a 6th (or whatever) & paid him a cheap ass salary to be that guy.

Risk/Reward is a no brainer to me.
So obviously of course the Pats got him. because BB is almost as smart as I am :becky:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Brice Butler being brought in for a workout. Wonder who we cut if we sign him? Williams would be obvious choice but heard it isn't him and contract means he likely stays. Maybe a QB? Maybe move Frederick to IR with designation to be able to return?

I just read that if TWill is suspended Dallas can release him and only owe him for games played, if released pre suspension he gets his full 2018 salary. The story thinks Dallas is prepping for a suspension by bringing Butler in.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that if TWill is suspended Dallas can release him and only owe him for games played, if released pre suspension he gets his full 2018 salary. The story thinks Dallas is prepping for a suspension by bringing Butler in.
Correct. TWill played the fewest snaps of his career this week. He gone..

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good. No more T-Rex & it wont cost us.

(why is he being suspended?)

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good. No more T-Rex & it wont cost us.

(why is he being suspended?)
He could be suspended for his drunk on his moped incident. It's not even confirmed he will be suspended, just that it's a possible reason Dallas brought in a WR for a try out.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. That makes a lot of sense.
I'm guessing that would make his total 2018/2019 cap hits: ($218,750 * #of games played) + $3,750,000 (unallocated signing bonus). Still pretty steep.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I read pertaining to Williams IF he's suspended. The story looks to be nothing more than speculation.

Owner Jerry Jones made it known he doesn't believe the NFL will suspend Williams for his transgression in May, but that's a story heard before. He said the same one year ago about running back Ezekiel Elliott, and we all know how that turned out. Fact is, Williams is still facing a potential suspension and should it land, the Cowboys will immediately have the option to void every penny of his guaranteed money for 2018. Doing so will give them an instant out of his contract as it pertains to any possible dead money hit, that financial handcuff being a key piece of leverage in seeing him remain employed in Dallas.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...rance-Williams-Deonte-Thompson-122020482/Amp/

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this morning that Stephen didn't close the door on a Dez return the other day. It would not surprise me at all to see him back here at the right price. Jerry loves the dude

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this morning that Stephen didn't close the door on a Dez return the other day. It would not surprise me at all to see him back here at the right price. Jerry loves the dude

I don’t know. Something is up with Dez. It’s like I posted last week- his tweets make it sound like he CANT play at this moment. He tells people all the time that he will be back in football soon and he is not retiring. Supposedly he wants a one year deal. Now his agent could have a plan for him to sit back and wait til so many WRs get hurt and the phone will start ringing. It’s just odd that some of these teams have WRs I have never heard of. The Skins are trying them out daily. The Eagles are banged up bad. I get that his skills aren’t what they once were but he had a pretty good offer from a pretty decent team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the quote and took it more as the standard "we look at all options" quote.

Clearly the money wasn't the only issue with Dez. The other issues are not only still there, but worse after his tweets and comments towards Lee and being away from Football for months. I don't see any way Dez plays in Dallas this year and I think it would be a monumental mistake to consider it. Janoris Jenkins had a poor game Sunday night against our WRs. He never has a poor game against Dez. I don't think Dez is as good as the guys that we are putting on the field right now.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the quote and took it more as the standard "we look at all options" quote.

Clearly the money wasn't the only issue with Dez. The other issues are not only still there, but worse after his tweets and comments towards Lee and being away from Football for months. I don't see any way Dez plays in Dallas this year and I think it would be a monumental mistake to consider it. Janoris Jenkins had a poor game Sunday night against our WRs. He never has a poor game against Dez. I don't think Dez is as good as the guys that we are putting on the field right now.

i don't agree with you. what makes you think the guys we have now are better then Dez? Last year was not a good year for Dez, but to say the reciever's we have now are better then Dez is ridiculous IMO. Too much season left to say that.