• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1,249 yards and 7 touchdowns with only 64 receptions. This guy missed the first 2 games, had 3 average to below average quarterbacks throwing to him with the worst running game in the nfl. I think it's time he gets a little respect. How about a pro bowl maybe that will motivate him to keep his head on straight.:noidea:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many recievers go 10?

Fitz
Megatron
Dez
AJ Green
Demaryius
Brandon Marshall
Andre Johnson
Wes
Antonio brown

Are all more deserving. Maybe he gets the tenth spot.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's got better stats than all of them except Calvin with 2 less games. I don't see what you're basing it off of. If it's name recognition sure, if it's production in the 2013 season that's ludicrous.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off of who are head and shoulders better than him off the top of my head. There are more.

But Gordon's numbers are solid, but not special. His production isn't as dominant as you're pretending it is, and several guys on that list have better numbers than he does.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 seems to be missing him, lol.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about right now, and right now he's playing better than damn most every WR in the league.... Oh, and he has a ham sandwich throwing him the ball.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off of who are head and shoulders better than him off the top of my head. There are more.

But Gordon's numbers are solid, but not special. His production isn't as dominant as you're pretending it is, and several guys on that list have better numbers than he does.

I'm not saying he's the second best receiver in the nfl, I'm well aware of who the top 10 receivers in the nfl are. I'm saying he has the second best stats next to Calvin Johnson overall. Plus you factor in he didn't play the first two weeks. Plus you factor in he has Brandon Weeden aka mr. stand and pat the ball until I'm sacked throwing him the ball. If I were to rank them in terms of talent;

1. Calvin Johnson
1a. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Brandon Marshall
3. Andre Johnson
4. Dez Bryant
5. Wes Welker
6. Julio Jones
7. A.J. Green
8. Demaryius Thomas
9. Steve Smith
10. DeSean Jackson

I know Gordon belongs in there but I'll fight the homer in me and say he needs to prove it a couple more years. I would have put Mike Wallace and Victor Cruz on this list 2 years ago :noidea:

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1,249 yards and 7 touchdowns with only 64 receptions. This guy missed the first 2 games, had 3 average to below average quarterbacks throwing to him with the worst running game in the nfl. I think it's time he gets a little respect. How about a pro bowl maybe that will motivate him to keep his head on straight.:noidea:

Good thing Cleveland has great management and would never consider trading him. :L

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he's the second best receiver in the nfl, I'm well aware of who the top 10 receivers in the nfl are. I'm saying he has the second best stats next to Calvin Johnson overall. Plus you factor in he didn't play the first two weeks. Plus you factor in he has Brandon Weeden aka mr. stand and pat the ball until I'm sacked throwing him the ball. If I were to rank them in terms of talent;

1. Calvin Johnson
1a. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Brandon Marshall
3. Andre Johnson
4. Dez Bryant
5. Wes Welker
6. Julio Jones
7. A.J. Green
8. Demaryius Thomas
9. Steve Smith
10. DeSean Jackson

I know Gordon belongs in there but I'll fight the homer in me and say he needs to prove it a couple more years. I would have put Mike Wallace and Victor Cruz on this list 2 years ago :noidea:

Wallace and Cruz deserved to be on there 2 years ago. Times change, it ok if your list does too.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many recievers go 10?

Fitz
Megatron
Dez
AJ Green
Demaryius
Brandon Marshall
Andre Johnson
Wes
Antonio brown

Are all more deserving. Maybe he gets the tenth spot.

This year? Seriously?

Okay, we know the kid likes to toke...aside from that, what am I missing here?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year? Seriously?

Okay, we know the kid likes to toke...aside from that, what am I missing here?

Sounds like JDM is running more of a popularity contest.

Gordon is MORE than deserving to be on that list.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, this year, seriously.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is putting up a lot big numbers for a team that often trails and has to chuck it around to get back in the game.(counterpoint:the guy chucking it around takes forever to throw and isn't that good) Impressive year for sure, but you have to be an impact player for a few years if you're going to be a Top Ten receiver, IMO. I'd have him above Alshon Jeffrey, TY Hilton, and Torrey Smith. But Im not sure Id have him over Pierre Garcon or Eric Decker, who has to compete for looks with other high end options.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is putting up a lot big numbers for a team that often trails and has to chuck it around to get back in the game.(counterpoint:the guy chucking it around takes forever to throw and isn't that good) Impressive year for sure, but you have to be an impact player for a few years if you're going to be a Top Ten receiver, IMO. I'd have him above Alshon Jeffrey, TY Hilton, and Torrey Smith. But Im not sure Id have him over Pierre Garcon or Eric Decker, who has to compete for looks with other high end options.

I agree with almost all of this except saying Pierre garçon or Eric decker are better. I don't think you'll find a gm in the league that would take them over Gordon.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just instant reaction to what he has done especially over the last couple of games of course he deserves to be in that top 10 talk. Most of those guys on the list though for most people have been doing it for a while so I understand the hesitation to put him on that list at this point. He definitely deserves some respect though for his play this year with all the changes going on around him he has been the one constant on that team that continues to produce. Usually a good sign of things to come for this guy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with almost all of this except saying Pierre garçon or Eric decker are better. I don't think you'll find a gm in the league that would take them over Gordon.

Not sure about that...His off the field issues would take him off the list of some of the GM's in the league. Some coaches and GM's just do not want to deal with that and have to worry about hearing his name in the media for all the wrong reasons.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should also note that there might have been a couple games where they are coming from behind, but the browns were in most games this season and he has been making plays all 4 quarters, not just at the end.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about that...His off the field issues would take him off the list of some of the GM's in the league. Some coaches and GM's just do not want to deal with that and have to worry about hearing his name in the media for all the wrong reasons.

I'm saying from a talent perspective

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should also note that there might have been a couple games where they are coming from behind, but the browns were in most games this season and he has been making plays all 4 quarters, not just at the end.

Yeah, the argument that he pads stats in blowouts against prevent or something similar is bullshit. It's not tough to find this info before posting it.

Josh Gordon Stats, Splits - Cleveland Browns - ESPN