• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question i always have with these WRs is if they are what there stats say or is it due to other factors... Gordon's stats say he is certainly top 5 maybe even the best... But if he had competition on his team would he remain the number one?? I wish there was a good way to evaluate talent over statistics... this is not just for him but also for RBs and QB- really all skill position... often the team/other factors dictate how good or bad the player is...

If you were starting a team(forget about off field issues) would Gordon be a top 5 WR choice?? That i just dont think he is, not sure if he is even top 10... But again i dont know, so i really am not basing this on anything valid...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question i always have with these WRs is if they are what there stats say or is it due to other factors... Gordon's stats say he is certainly top 5 maybe even the best... But if he had competition on his team would he remain the number one?? I wish there was a good way to evaluate talent over statistics... this is not just for him but also for RBs and QB- really all skill position... often the team/other factors dictate how good or bad the player is...

If you were starting a team(forget about off field issues) would Gordon be a top 5 WR choice?? That i just dont think he is, not sure if he is even top 10... But again i dont know, so i really am not basing this on anything valid...

Good points...granted if you're the best WR on your team and there isn't much talent aside from you, the stat line will be more. This was the case of Roddy White in ATL for several years prior to Julio.

You still have to be a talent to produce because the opponents know you're the go to guy and will obviously try to take the best option away. imo you really have to watch them play...can the guy get off the line vs bump n run coverage, does the player recognize when he's being zoned, vs m-t-m, does he recognize when he's the hot read vs a blitz, can he catch in traffic, route tree performance.

I don't see this guy every week, but I've seen enough of him to note that he's a player. I think once you get past the obvious top shelf guys like Megatron, AJ, Fitz, etc...he's right there...what number that is Idk and don't really care...he's a top WR in the NFL.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is putting up a lot big numbers for a team that often trails and has to chuck it around to get back in the game.(counterpoint:the guy chucking it around takes forever to throw and isn't that good) Impressive year for sure, but you have to be an impact player for a few years if you're going to be a Top Ten receiver, IMO. I'd have him above Alshon Jeffrey, TY Hilton, and Torrey Smith. But Im not sure Id have him over Pierre Garcon or Eric Decker, who has to compete for looks with other high end options.

I think Torrey smith has a safer upside. Agree about your other comparisons, but while Torrey smith is rawer than the others listed, athletically he is just as dynamic as Gordon. His hands are a little weak at points, but he has also made a lot of highlight reel plays. The upside of Torrey smith with the only downside being he regresses is better than the upside risk of Gordon, with the added downside being that he gets suspended for an extended period and embarrasses the franchise.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Torrey smith has a safer upside. Agree about your other comparisons, but while Torrey smith is rawer than the others listed, athletically he is just as dynamic as Gordon. His hands are a little weak at points, but he has also made a lot of highlight reel plays. The upside of Torrey smith with the only downside being he regresses is better than the upside risk of Gordon, with the added downside being that he gets suspended for an extended period and embarrasses the franchise.

Whatever you say man. Can't wait to see this Aqib Talib-Josh Gordon match up!

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a great young player but his problems off of the field will probably catch up. He got kicked off of Baylor for marijuana and was suspended by the NFL for it. If he can get his act together he could emerge as a perennial top 5 receiver.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with almost all of this except saying Pierre garçon or Eric decker are better. I don't think you'll find a gm in the league that would take them over Gordon.

You might be right. But Gordon is a bong rip away from not playing. That was the only thing that kept me from wanting Detroit to go after a deal for him. Im no clean living prude, but Decker is capable of huge nights(last night) and Garçon is tied for the most looks in the league with CJ. Gordon may be capable of better production, but he's also capable of selfishness that could leave him off the roster. With time I could let his drug policy status slide, just not yet.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's his hands that keep him from letting me consider him a true "go-to" receiver. His speed is tremendous, I think Im a fan of his toughness and I know I like his perserverence. But I think of him still as a receiver that can benefit from those around him as much as those around him can benefit from him. (If that makes sense). But Im with you on upside. Smith is definitely not a finished product yet. Gordon's uncertain future is more than a question mark to me. I'd say Im cautious towards Gordon.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying from a talent perspective

Talent alone would be a different Top Ten list for me. (Im bad about this stuff. Current, based off careers, talent, potential... All the lists in my head can be different)

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on pace for 1,750 yards but only 10 td's. Browns haven't been very good in the red zone this year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ set the record for receiving yards last year. Guess how many TDs he caught?

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but he's had three 12 td years. Had 16 last year. Has 12 already this year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's his hands that keep him from letting me consider him a true "go-to" receiver. His speed is tremendous, I think Im a fan of his toughness and I know I like his perserverence. But I think of him still as a receiver that can benefit from those around him as much as those around him can benefit from him. (If that makes sense). But Im with you on upside. Smith is definitely not a finished product yet. Gordon's uncertain future is more than a question mark to me. I'd say Im cautious towards Gordon.

He's made some impressive catches, too, though. He's more likely to improve his hands than Gordon is to not be suspended.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off of who are head and shoulders better than him off the top of my head. There are more.

But Gordon's numbers are solid, but not special. His production isn't as dominant as you're pretending it is, and several guys on that list have better numbers than he does.

:whistle:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow is he fast!!!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1