• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon Letter

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it's a well thought out letter. His problem was ignorance. I haven't really criticized him in the past because I didn't know, but the letter made me feel good about not criticizing. Personally, I think the NFL is way out of line with some of its policy.

Not ignorance, stupidity. How can you even justify this ridiculous opinion? How many chances should he be given in your mind?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think age is a real excuse when you're in the pro's. You're making bank, you're a professional, act the part. If be a professional athlete isn't worth living by the league's rules, then work for a living like the rest of us.

I can get drunk, smoke pot and raise hell all I want when I'm not on company time. But I'm far from the public eye and far from making what professional athletes make.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think age is a real excuse when you're in the pro's. You're making bank, you're a professional, act the part. If be a professional athlete isn't worth living by the league's rules, then work for a living like the rest of us.

I can get drunk, smoke pot and raise hell all I want when I'm not on company time. But I'm far from the public eye and far from making what professional athletes make.

Josh screwed up major league and he will pay for it . Maybe he will use the time off wisely and get his stuff all in 1 sock.

Great Tom T hall Quote Chewbaccer :suds:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh screwed up major league and he will pay for it . Maybe he will use the time off wisely and get his stuff all in 1 sock.

Great Tom T hall Quote Chewbaccer :suds:

Hopefully a second long suspension will knock some sense into the guy. He has too much talent to waste it by getting suspended, and I'd assume the next step is out of the league.

And I appreciate it. Tom T Hall is one of the more underrated Country singers IMO.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well written letter. I have to admit I was saying dump this waste of talent. This has made me look at him in a different light other than just a football player.

Should we still cut Gordon? Yes

Let him prove everyone wrong somewhere else. He's gotten all the support he can from this Browns fan.

I can understand those type feelings if he's been on my team. Everyone knew the talent and I'm sure most teams had him somewhere in that year's supplemental draft. Second round was a reach all things taken into consideration from his college days. I think I'd have to hold on to him and hope like hell somehow 2016 he's finally grown up.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Doubt that this was actually "written" by Josh Gordon. Most of these letters/statements to the public hardly ever are.

2) Great insight into Josh Gordon's past/background...but none of it excuses him continually making the same mistakes.

I would have liked it better if Josh Gordon had done a press conference and spoken these words himself...from the heart. Not through a letter written by someone else crafted together carefully to draw sympathy from the public.