• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon Letter

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read it, but I'm assuming getting caught is the "one all of you seem to think it is".

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read it, but I'm assuming getting caught is the "one all of you seem to think it is".

Actually, it's a well thought out letter. His problem was ignorance. I haven't really criticized him in the past because I didn't know, but the letter made me feel good about not criticizing. Personally, I think the NFL is way out of line with some of its policy.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like he said, he's 23. 23 year olds sometimes do dumb stuff. Or don't think it through.

I'm not so quick to say he has a "problem" cause if they started testing where I work I'd get nailed.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry.

His other 'problem' is that he thinks he's above the rules of the NFL, and he's a moron.

23 or not...you have to know where the line is. Especially after MULTIPLE issues that started in college, and in the NFL. Eventually, age is no longer an excuse. Ignorance is no longer an excuse. At some point, you have to take real responsibility for what you've done. He continually fails to do this, even in this letter.

He deserves any fine/suspension that comes his way.

The rules may be out of date, or out of whack a bit, but it doesn't seem like that many players have issues with following them. It's really not that hard. Don't do drugs. Don't drink if you're on probation with the NFL that requires you not to drink.

It's really not that hard.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume this was written in crayon.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to say. He is right that the alcohol rule against him is lame as fuck.

Guy still is a fool but this latest alcohol "fail" is weak as hell.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry.

His other 'problem' is that he thinks he's above the rules of the NFL, and he's a moron.

23 or not...you have to know where the line is. Especially after MULTIPLE issues that started in college, and in the NFL. Eventually, age is no longer an excuse. Ignorance is no longer an excuse. At some point, you have to take real responsibility for what you've done. He continually fails to do this, even in this letter.

He deserves any fine/suspension that comes his way.

The rules may be out of date, or out of whack a bit, but it doesn't seem like that many players have issues with following them. It's really not that hard. Don't do drugs. Don't drink if you're on probation with the NFL that requires you not to drink.

It's really not that hard.

That's kinda harsh. I think he should get one more chance.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"overcoming my longstanding relationship with weed".....

Fuck this guy, seriously.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"overcoming my longstanding relationship with weed".....

Fuck this guy, seriously.

What for?

He's made progress on their path of bullshit, so he noted it in his letter about it. Way to overreact.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. It's hard to expect a grown ass man to take responsibility. My bad.

:suds:

He did. He consumed alcohol in a way that did not harm anybody else. That's responsible. And now the league can take responsibility for their actions, instead of hiding behind some lawyer paper and an old wrinkled wagging finger.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did. He consumed alcohol in a way that did not harm anybody else. That's responsible. And now the league can take responsibility for their actions, instead of hiding behind some lawyer paper and an old wrinkled wagging finger.

Did Gordon break the rule?

Yes.

Did Gordon know about the rule?

Yes.

NFL not hiding...simply imposing the punishment for a player breaking a rule. The rule being dumb/silly doesn't excuse any player from breaking it. Poor/flawed argument you are trying to make.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Gordon break the rule?

Yes.

Did Gordon know about the rule?

Yes.

NFL not hiding...simply imposing the punishment for a player breaking a rule. The rule being dumb/silly doesn't excuse any player from breaking it. Poor/flawed argument you are trying to make.

The player being excused, or not, for breaking it is immaterial here. MLK served his time in the Birmingham Jail too. How do "dumb/silly" rules get discarded so an institution doesn't bring unnecessary action upon its participants?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The player being excused, or not, for breaking it is immaterial here. MLK served his time in the Birmingham Jail too. How do "dumb/silly" rules get discarded so an institution doesn't bring unnecessary action upon its participants?

Seems like Gordon is the only one who is really struggling to adhere to the rule(s) over multiple times.

Gordon knew the rules, he broke it. He deserves whatever he gets. That's pretty much it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Gordon is the only one who is really struggling to adhere to the rule(s) over multiple times.

Gordon knew the rules, he broke it. He deserves whatever he gets. That's pretty much it.

So how do "dumb/silly" rules get discarded so an institution doesn't bring unnecessary action upon its participants?

Or are we all supposed to be limited in our ability to express our humanness by "dumb/silly" institutional rules that we had no voice in creating?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do "dumb/silly" rules get discarded so an institution doesn't bring unnecessary action upon its participants?

Or are we all supposed to be limited in our ability to express our humanness by "dumb/silly" institutional rules that we had no voice in creating?

Gordon works for a place that has rules.

Whether they are silly or not, they have to abide by them.

If they really wanted change, the correct way to go about it would be to file a greivence through the NFLPA, and they would have to collectively bargin that with the owners in the new CBA.

Until then, he has to follow the rules. No matter what he may think of them.

And yes, we are all limited by our jobs in some way, shape or form by rules we may not agree with, but when you want the job, you abide by the rules set forth. No one says that Gordon has to play for the NFL. He can go back to selling cars and drink himself stupid if that's his life choice. However, if he wants to be a part of the NFL, he agrees to adhere to the rules.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well written letter. I have to admit I was saying dump this waste of talent. This has made me look at him in a different light other than just a football player.

Should we still cut Gordon? Yes

Let him prove everyone wrong somewhere else. He's gotten all the support he can from this Browns fan.