• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon 2019

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh is damn sure a #1 you can't ever count catches for any receiver playing in NE, it's not what our offense is about.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be akin to saying a job can't ask for a college degree

It won't be long before some college stud says he doesn't care what the NFL or NBA says, he doesn't want to play in South Carolina or St. Louis, MO. He wants to play closer to his home in Buffalo or Dallas and will challenge the draft as a restruction to his freedom to choose where he works. The leagues will cry and vetch about parity and fairness but in the end it's still an accepted form of slavery with pay.

It's a matter of time. Kid's gonna say that he had shitty grades in high school and that he was passed because he was the best QB in the history of California. He 6'6" 230 lbs of rock solid muscle and he does not want to spend four years being a pinball for that may threaten his multi-million dollar future. Again, impairs his freedom of choice and is discrimination based on age.

We have a Constitution and a Bill of Right. Professional Athletics have been able to circumvent them for a hundred years. Everyone has accepted them as being OK.

I guarantee that all of it will be legally challenged within the next 10 years. Pro Sports will lose every freakin' one of them. It's all based on AGE Discrimination.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee that you will be wrong.

Please enlighten us to your legal reasoning. The drafts are Forced Servitude. Athletes do not have a choice of applying to a team for a tryout if they considered to bein the top 10-20 of their position in any sport. They MUST accept the draft as their only means of employment in that league.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the sports leagues have already been sued multiple times over the draft. And since Yazoo Smith, the leagues have won every time. Once the drafts became part of the collective bargaining agreements with the players' unions, they were pretty much bullet-proof against anti-trust violations.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be long before some college stud says he doesn't care what the NFL or NBA says, he doesn't want to play in South Carolina or St. Louis, MO. He wants to play closer to his home in Buffalo or Dallas and will challenge the draft as a restruction to his freedom to choose where he works. The leagues will cry and vetch about parity and fairness but in the end it's still an accepted form of slavery with pay.

It's a matter of time. Kid's gonna say that he had shitty grades in high school and that he was passed because he was the best QB in the history of California. He 6'6" 230 lbs of rock solid muscle and he does not want to spend four years being a pinball for that may threaten his multi-million dollar future. Again, impairs his freedom of choice and is discrimination based on age.

We have a Constitution and a Bill of Right. Professional Athletics have been able to circumvent them for a hundred years. Everyone has accepted them as being OK.

I guarantee that all of it will be legally challenged within the next 10 years. Pro Sports will lose every freakin' one of them. It's all based on AGE Discrimination.
The draft is allowed now because there's a union that agrees to it. It would be a different ballgame without the union.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft is allowed now because there's a union that agrees to it. It would be a different ballgame without the union.

That's true and very accurate. BUT........College grads are not union members until they sign a contract.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leon Wood says hi.

They're not treated any differently than any other entry level employee that takes a union job as far as the law's concerned.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not treated any differently than any other entry level employee that takes a union job as far as the law's concerned.
Other than the fact that they are told who they can work for. And that's for the next 4-5 years.

You apparently don't understand and I don't have the patience to explain any further.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the fact that they are told who they can work for. And that's for the next 4-5 years.

You apparently don't understand and I don't have the patience to explain any further.
Like I already said, that's irrelevant from a legal standpoint, as the court held in the Leon Wood case. But sure, I'm the one who needs things explained to me.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true and very accurate. BUT........College grads are not union members until they sign a contract.
It does not matter. The existence of the union changes everything.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The mere presence of the union changes everything. Whatever both sides agree to applies to all because a negotiation for all has happened and whover joins that workforce has already benefited. I'm not a lawyer and am not prepared to cite precedents, but I know restraint of trade can not be argued when benefits have been negotiated.

It's the equivalent of anyone being allowed to challenge any law they don't like. Barriers must be crossed before actions can proceed.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon has called it quits. Several reports are already out saying that he's facing another substance abuse rap. Gordon says it's mental health issue.

Josh Gordon's time with the Patriots has come to a surprising and swift end.

On Thursday morning, the wide receiver released a statement revealing his decision to step away from the game of football, citing his mental health not being where it needs to be for him to perform at the highest level. In the statement, Gordon also thanked the Patriots organization, Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft for their support.

Here's Gordon's statement in full:

"I take my mental health very seriously at this point to ensure I remain able to perform at the highest level. I have recently felt like I could have a better grasp on things mentally. With that said, I will be stepping away from the football field for a bit to focus on my mental health. I would like to thank Coach Belichick, Mr. Kraft, as well as countless others within th Patriots organization for their continued support. I want to thank my fans for their support as well as I continue down the path getting back to 100%."

Gordon was acquired by the Patriots earlier this season in a deal with the Cleveland Browns. While talented, the receiver owns a troubled past filled with substance abuse that's seen him be suspended by the league a number of times and is going through a continued battle with mental heath. The 27-year old was suspended for 10 games back in 2014 for substance abuse and then missed all of the 2015 and 2016 seasons before coming back in Week 13 of the 2017 season. While many thought that a possible change of scenery could help him, it appears like Gordon has once again found himself in trouble.

According to Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network, Gordon is facing another indefinite suspension for violating the terms of his reinstatement under the substance abuse policy. Because of that development, Gordon has decided to take the step of leaving the game of football for now to focus solely on his mental health.

Upon arrival to Foxboro, however, Gordon did seem to come along strong as he quickly clicked with Tom Brady and meshed well within the offense, a rarity for a first-year receiver in the system. Through 11 games played with the Patriots this season, Gordon has been able to bring in 40 of his 68 targets for 720 yards and three touchdowns. In their loss to the Steelers in Week 15, Gordon was only looked at by Tom Brady twice in the critical AFC matchup and hauled in one catch for two yards, while playing in 91.9-percent of the offensive snaps.

He will be s restricted free agent at the end of the season.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're way overthinking this.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe this when it comes from the Pats

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really I came back into this thread because naturally as a Browns fan I take interest in how he does. I truly wanted to be wrong (and still could be) about Josh but he's just a guy who probably will never be able to handle the stardom and the life of the NFL.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really I came back into this thread because naturally as a Browns fan I take interest in how he does. I truly wanted to be wrong (and still could be) about Josh but he's just a guy who probably will never be able to handle the stardom and the life of the NFL.
Well if its true it's not about Stardom and the NFL Life. It's about maturation, I'm not one of those I have disease type bullshit dudes. He chooses to live the life he knows, that on him.