• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Cribbs

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No tpaul I don't think Cribbs would be a better running back than Barry Sanders. You must be crazy

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to add Cribbs as long as the price is right. He'd settle down our return game and provide some extra depth at WR...

I'm with you on this. Like I said before, I don't have a problem with Cribbs. I have a problem with paying Cribbs 4/mil a year.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cribbs is an interesting guy and one that could help gain roster spots...

Say the Lions sign him that immediately makes a RB expendable as well as a WR say someone like Mike Thomas. Cribbs becomes a Reggie Bush like player that could be split out in the slot and cover all the return game.

I don't think he is a must get guy and I also would not even come close to the cash some will want to pay him. As of right now I say Winston Justice with the cash he will make a bigger impact IMO.:2cents:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you talking about Willis? Of course Justice would make a bigger impact. He's probably twice Cribbs size.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, Cribs would see the field a lot more, though. Justice is just a depth guy at OT (which we need since we're only running 3 tackles deep right now)...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so TP.

The Kickoff is a lost art with touch backs being the norm so any impact on KO is not significant at all. It's amazing how Stfan Logan could screw that up though.

As a punt returner Cribbs would make a impact.

On offense he would have only a small effect behind Bush, Leshoure and Bell. And as a Wideout he would have roughly the same impact of Mike Thomas which was insignificant.

As for Justice if Mayhew signs him I am guessing he is the starting RT at least. Not that he is great just he has experience the line is sorely missing.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lions weaknesses this year will be linebackers, offensive line and possibly defensive line.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine using Fuller as a PR and Bell KR. No need to waste money on someone who cant contribute on offense.

The real question becomes are you willing to add Cribbs at the expense of Mike Thomas? That is the only way it would make sense to me.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Justice if Mayhew signs him I am guessing he is the starting RT at least. Not that he is great just he has experience the line is sorely missing.
I can't see him coming in and beating out Fox or Hilliard, both of whom have experience in our system. The coaches think very highly of Fox, and Justice has never been anything more than an average starter.

I'm fine with signing him for depth and letting him compete for the starting RT spot, but his career track record hardly qualifies him as an upgrade over what we have now. Also, he was replaced this offseason by our right tackle (Cherilus) so if Justice were to be our starting RT then we'd have definitely downgraded at the position as compared to last year...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lions weaknesses this year will be linebackers, offensive line and possibly defensive line.

I see both lines being improved this year, so that doesn't worry me at all. Our o-linemen are younger and much more athletic. Our d-linemen are much bigger and also younger. Sounds like a recipe for success to me. Obviously there's going to be a learning curve for all these young players, but some of the guys they're replacing (Peterman, KVB) were horrible last year, so the new replacements can't be much worse, and will be far better before long.

At LB Tulloch is a stud and Levy is at least an average starter, so we're covered 50% of the game there since we only us two LBs for roughly half the snaps. When we do use 3 LBs it will be interesting to see who steps up out of Palmer, Whitehead and Lewis to claim the other spot.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see both lines being improved this year, so that doesn't worry me at all. Our o-linemen are younger and much more athletic. Our d-linemen are much bigger and also younger. Sounds like a recipe for success to me. Obviously there's going to be a learning curve for all these young players, but some of the guys they're replacing (Peterman, KVB) were horrible last year, so the new replacements can't be much worse, and will be far better before long.

At LB Tulloch is a stud and Levy is at least an average starter, so we're covered 50% of the game there since we only us two LBs for roughly half the snaps. When we do use 3 LBs it will be interesting to see who steps up out of Palmer, Whitehead and Lewis to claim the other spot.

I disagree...I see Suh and Fairley being just fine at DT but unknowns on the outside with no depth....

Same goes for the O-line......Sims is the only one I have faith in, the other 4 are unproven.....Cept Ravioli, he's proven he sucks.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D line does not worry me too much as long as they stay healthy. Not a lot of depth there. O line just plain worries me. Ravioli still there and our Tackles are unproven. LB is a problem too. At least secondary looks good for a change.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The d-line only worries me if Jones is starting at Right End. If he is a rotation DE and DT I like the line.

The Lions didn't get much from kvb. And I hated the rotation of Young and LoJack opposite Avril. In my honest opinion the Lions would have been better off just going with Avril and LoJack and having KVB giving rest.

still would not mind a two year deal for Freeney!

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cribbs is reportedly going to either sign with the Raiders, Giants, Jets or the Lions. No one wants to sign with the raiders, so scratch them, and who would want to play for that circus in New York. So its gonna come down to us and the Giants. Then again, im sure Raiders and Jets fans feel the same way about us haha

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one wants to sign with the raiders, so scratch them
Not everyone feels this way. The Raiders are looking to change everything around now that 'ol Al has left the building. They have a new young coach and have released a lot of their dead weight. It may take them a few years(like us) but they'll be back contending in no time. Atleast that's my take.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyone feels this way. The Raiders are looking to change everything around now that 'ol Al has left the building. They have a new young coach and have released a lot of their dead weight. It may take them a few years(like us) but they'll be back contending in no time. Atleast that's my take.

It's taken us 4 years.....Are we contending? If we lose Schwartz and Mayhew will it take us another 4 years? Maybe Cribs is worried about that.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose Schwartz and Mayhew will it take us another 4 years? Maybe Cribs is worried about that.

If so, then I hope he signs elsewhere. The last thing the Lions need is someone who worries all the time about things he has no control over. One Titus is enough.