• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Allen

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks will have 80 mil in cap space and all their picks and maybe additional ones, that gives me hope. Every team has to replace players at some point even important ones. Teams can turn a roster around in a fairly short time span. Guess it's a matter of faith in the front office. Those that have it can be optimistic and those that don't feel like there is no hope.
current cap space is 14.5 mil, no draft picks in rounds 2, 3, & 6 and no compensatory picks this year, and 17 UFA's that include Jimmy Graham, Luke Joekel, Sheldon Richardson, Deshaun Shead, and a host of others

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
current cap space is 14.5 mil, no draft picks in rounds 2, 3, & 6 and no compensatory picks this year, and 17 UFA's that include Jimmy Graham, Luke Joekel, Sheldon Richardson, Deshaun Shead, and a host of others

That this year though. Graham hasn’t fitted in per say, Joekel wasn’t anything special, Richardson I feel will not be worth whatever he signs for and everyone else are just another guy. I’m keeping expectations low for this season, but 2019 I’m excited about. Oh guess I should mention Avril and Kam will be missed but teams around the league have injuries hurt them every year, so next man up. Seahawks are setup to reload in 2019.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks will have 80 mil in cap space and all their picks and maybe additional ones, that gives me hope. Every team has to replace players at some point even important ones. Teams can turn a roster around in a fairly short time span. Guess it's a matter of faith in the front office. Those that have it can be optimistic and those that don't feel like there is no hope.

Possibly 80mil in cap space? Holy hell!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is you don't trade a top 5 QB for a prospect. If he sucks, you set the franchise back minimum of 5 yrs.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That this year though. Graham hasn’t fitted in per say, Joekel wasn’t anything special, Richardson I feel will not be worth whatever he signs for and everyone else are just another guy. I’m keeping expectations low for this season, but 2019 I’m excited about. Oh guess I should mention Avril and Kam will be missed but teams around the league have injuries hurt them every year, so next man up. Seahawks are setup to reload in 2019.

Possibly 80mil in cap space? Holy hell!

As well as a possible $22 million more depending on what happens this offseason and/or next with Kam Chancellor and Michael Bennett.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well as a possible $22 million more depending on what happens this offseason and/or next with Kam Chancellor and Michael Bennett.

Damn! Talk about going from being squeezed by the cap to the penthouse.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! Talk about going from being squeezed by the cap to the penthouse.

Yeah, most of those big contracts they gave out end after this season - which allows the team to see how turning 30 (or so) affected all those big players and allows them to adjust what they're paying them and how much longer they want them depending on how they are performing.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, most of those big contracts they gave out end after this season - which allows the team to see how turning 30 (or so) affected all those big players and allows them to adjust what they're paying them and how much longer they want them depending on how they are performing.

A lot of big decisions in the next coming years.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did any one commenting here watch the combine today? He was the star of the show. I will save this link for future reference. I have nothing against Russell, but if not for his legs, he would not be that good. I don't do drugs or smoke weed like the potheads of Washington, just stating my opinion.
did u notice how bad his footwork was and how he cant throw left? did u? or did u just watch the bomb passes like kyle boller

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have much hope for the next couple years. Way to many holes and not enough salary cap. John Schneider the last couple years has put himself and the team in cap hell.

I think the Seahawks are in an extremely precarious position right now given the age of the defense. We agree there. That being said, I do genuinely believe that with Russell Wilson at the helm this team can't lose more than 8 games. I think the rebuild starts on the defense and the Seahawks need to address the offensive line. Improving the offensive line will help the running game.

Take a look at what the Steelers did. They rebuild around Big Ben. That's essentially what I think the Seahawks should do. That's why I advocate using cap space on signing Andrew Norwell. Britt is league average, Duane Brown did well in limited time, if we add Norwell we have a left side that is very strong.

Russell Wilson is a franchise QB. Players like him don't come along very often. It's better to build around him IMO.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did u notice how bad his footwork was and how he cant throw left? did u? or did u just watch the bomb passes like kyle boller

With prospects like Josh Allen, the biggest thing is potential. Allen is very raw and played against mediocre competition. I think he can be improved, but he needs a year or two on the bench IMO.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam's contract is guaranteed now.

This year, not next. If he retires due to the injury this off-season, it could hurt this year's salary cap immensely - but his next year cap hit will be 0. That's why I put the caveat that it depends on what happens this off-season.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It must be hard to be a Wyoming fan when it comes to the draft. The last time they even had a 2nd rounder was Ryan Yarborough nearly 25 years ago - and he didn't really do so well in the NFL. So, it's understandable they may be getting really excited about a QB that could be a top pick. But, as a Washington State fan, I would just advise caution - cause he could become Ryan Leaf and you have to live with that for the next 20 years.....

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be hard to be a Wyoming fan when it comes to the draft. The last time they even had a 2nd rounder was Ryan Yarborough nearly 25 years ago - and he didn't really do so well in the NFL. So, it's understandable they may be getting really excited about a QB that could be a top pick. But, as a Washington State fan, I would just advise caution - cause he could become Ryan Leaf and you have to live with that for the next 20 years.....
fortunately for him he doesn't do drugs, and he is not a Washington pothead

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fortunately for him he doesn't do drugs, and he is not a Washington pothead
I came back to Washington for my mothers funeral after being away for 20 years and it was totally
disgusting. You cannot get away from the smell of pot. Potheads everywhere

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With prospects like Josh Allen, the biggest thing is potential. Allen is very raw and played against mediocre competition. I think he can be improved, but he needs a year or two on the bench IMO.
agreed, but top 5 to sit for 2 years is rough on a franchise that needs immediate help

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Leaf was doomed for failure as a WSU alum

Man, you're just getting funnier as you continue to post. I know you're new to posting and all, but it's really hard for someone to take you all that seriously when you try to smack talk when your college team is just so outclassed. Congrats on Jay Novacek, but is there anyone else even worth mentioning over the last 40 years?

I can admit that WSU hasn't been all that good for most of their existence - but compared to Wyoming they're Alabama.