• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Allen

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't be a starter, and you say I am on drugs?

He'll be starter due to being drafted so high but it won't be sustainable... IOW's, he'll eventually get benched or cut... I don't see him as a very good starting QB in this league... No touch in the short passing game nor can he read a defense very well... He will struggle like crazy at this level...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other tidbit, he was coached by the same coach as Carson Wentz. It is locally rumored that should he still be on the board at number 5, Denver will be taking him.

Denver will end up looking for a new QB in 3 years then... Just like they are with Paxton Lynch...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Dakota State didn't have much competition either, But Carson Wentz turned out pretty solid.

Wentz also balled out at NDSU. Allen didn’t at Wyoming, his stats weren’t impressive and his film wasn’t either. Wentz was impressive

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you in the habit of calling people you don't know bums
Do you have a habit of coming up with dumb ideas? its cool if you do, im just curious.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did any one commenting here watch the combine today? He was the star of the show. I will save this link for future reference. I have nothing against Russell, but if not for his legs, he would not be that good. I don't do drugs or smoke weed like the potheads of Washington, just stating my opinion.

Best QB prospect I've seen since the 2012 draft is Andrew Luck. There have been no slam dunks at QB. It doesn't make sense to trade away a franchise QB. Even if it's the best QB prospect in a decade (which Josh Allen is not), it doesn't make sense to trade away a guy who was 90% of the offense. One of the reasons I advocate for more offensive line spending is because I can't imagine what Russell Wilson could do with decent pass protection.

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best QB prospect I've seen since the 2012 draft is Andrew Luck. There have been no slam dunks at QB. It doesn't make sense to trade away a franchise QB. Even if it's the best QB prospect in a decade (which Josh Allen is not), it doesn't make sense to trade away a guy who was 90% of the offense. One of the reasons I advocate for more offensive line spending is because I can't imagine what Russell Wilson could do with decent pass protection.
First non insulting intelligent response, thank you. Whether or not anyone in the northwest believes it or not Josh will be a huge success in the NFL, but only time will tell. But hey look at it this way, this thread has at least sparked conversation.

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First non insulting intelligent response, thank you. Whether or not anyone in the northwest believes it or not Josh will be a huge success in the NFL, but only time will tell. But hey look at it this way, this thread has at least sparked conversation.
As for Luck, He has only played in 22 games in the last 3 seasons. The jury is still out whether or not he will be the same after his surgery.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I attempt to be reasonable. Time will tell regarding Josh Allen.

My argument is that even if you believe that Josh Allen is the best QB prospect in a decade, I believe we are better off sticking with Wilson. Especially because Josh Allen has a fuck ton of arm talent, but there are a still a lot of concerns regarding him. He needs a year (at least) to marinate and learn an NFL offense. Look at Jared Goff, he improved substantially after his first year. Same applies to Carson Wentz.

I believe the team is better off building around Bobby Wagner and Russell Wilson. Both are in their prime.

It would take both of the Browns first round picks to even make me consider a trade personally. IMO Wilson is capable of carrying this team well into his early 30s.

It's just not worth the risk.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Luck, He has only played in 22 games in the last 3 seasons. The jury is still out whether or not he will be the same after his surgery.

I wasn't trying to diminish his selection. I was just saying that he was probably the best QB prospect in a decade. I'd be hesitant to trade Russell Wilson for the best QB prospect in a decade.

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I attempt to be reasonable. Time will tell regarding Josh Allen.

My argument is that even if you believe that Josh Allen is the best QB prospect in a decade, I believe we are better off sticking with Wilson. Especially because Josh Allen has a fuck ton of arm talent, but there are a still a lot of concerns regarding him. He needs a year (at least) to marinate and learn an NFL offense. Look at Jared Goff, he improved substantially after his first year. Same applies to Carson Wentz.

I believe the team is better off building around Bobby Wagner and Russell Wilson. Both are in their prime.

It would take both of the Browns first round picks to even make me consider a trade personally. IMO Wilson is capable of carrying this team well into his early 30s.

It's just not worth the risk.
I don't have much hope for the next couple years. Way to many holes and not enough salary cap. John Schneider the last couple years has put himself and the team in cap hell.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry I just don't see him as top 5, in completion percentage this year he was number 22.
2017 NFL Passing | Pro-Football-Reference.com

And Allen was 77th - in college......

The issue at hand is that you don't trade a top QB for a prospect. Allen could become the next Tom Brady, or he could be the next Andre Ware, at this point no one knows. So why trade away someone like Wilson for him? It doesn't make sense.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have much hope for the next couple years. Way to many holes and not enough salary cap. John Schneider the last couple years has put himself and the team in cap hell.

So, if that's the case - then how is trading your best player for 1 unproven player going to fix all the holes and salary cap issues?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another one of those things that you put in the category, "Thankfully fans don't run the team."

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another one of those things that you put in the category, "Thankfully fans don't run the team."

Can you imagine the pressure that poor kid would be put in? Anything less than 4500 yards, 35 TDs and a rating over 100 every year would be considered a failure! The trade would be a set up for failure even before he took a snap.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cap is tight this year, but next year looks fairly good.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the UFA'S and neck injuries to 2 important pieces, I don't know how next year is promising.

Seahawks will have 80 mil in cap space in 2019 and all their picks and maybe additional ones, that gives me hope. Every team has to replace players at some point even important ones. Teams can turn a roster around in a fairly short time span. Guess it's a matter of faith in the front office. Those that have it can be optimistic and those that don't feel like there is no hope.

Last edited: