• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordy Nelson top 20 in the NFL

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is someone that doesn't belong its Patrick Peterson at 19 he had a horrid season meanwhile Chris Harris who was a top 2 CB last year got snubbed the players list is complete garbage nothing more than a popularity contest.

BTW the top 10 remaining players are(not in order)

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Andrew Luck
Marshawn Lynch
DeMarco Murray
Calvin Johnson
Antonio Brown
Rob Gronkowski
JJ Watt

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is someone that doesn't belong its Patrick Peterson at 19 he had a horrid season meanwhile Chris Harris who was a top 2 CB last year got snubbed the players list is complete garbage nothing more than a popularity contest.

BTW the top 10 remaining players are(not in order)

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Andrew Luck
Marshawn Lynch
DeMarco Murray
Calvin Johnson
Antonio Brown
Rob Gronkowski
JJ Watt
These are the top 10 from the player voting on NFLN. The OP says Nelson is 18 in the ESPN top 100. ESPN and NFLN have the same players in the top 10?

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess it comes down to.... Are you better off with mismatches or better off not having the confusion in the secondary. The Seahawks know the #1 WR will be on the other side, so does the safety. Makes everybody assignment more clear. Thomas knows he's going to roll over the side with the mismatch. Kind of nullifies the mismatch, don't you think?

Hey, if it works for your team, roll with it. You can't argue with the Seahawks success the past couple years. There are definitely ways to exploit both philosophies. But as for Jordy, he led both teams in receptions and reception yards. I noticed someone else here said both sides need to make adjustments. I agree, but if Jordy was the most productive receiver on the field that day, why should the Packers adjust that?

Despite the Packers losing the war, Jordy was winning his battles. I stand by my point that if you wanted to see #1 on #1, it should have been on the Seahawks to move him over. Now if Seahawks fans want to to argue "why should we do that? We won the game.", once again no argument from me. I'm merely responding to the statement someone made that the Packers "were afraid" to line Jordy up against Sherman, which just plain was not the reason.

:suds:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordy's def. a top 3 WR IMO. Dare I say Megatron is a tad overrated (BOOO HISSSSS) *ducks/covers*. Whatever, the guy gets like 200 targets a year... something is bound to come out of it.

I think if he's not top 20 he's pretty close outside of it. There's maybe a couple QBs that should be top 20 (Rodgers and MAYBE Luck at this point? I think Brees/Manning/Brady need to be let go of... they're getting older and just don't have the productivity at this point). Maybe 1 RB or 2. Gronk. Watt, Thomas, Sherman, Houston, Suh, McCoy, maybe a few more O-Line/D-Line, Keuchley, that's like what... 18 or so? That leaves room for 1-2 WRs... so yah, I think Nelson is there.

Jones/Green/Megatron/Nelson/Bryant, all a toss up kind of. Although Nelson is consistently more healthy and on the field so that takes over for me. AJ Green gets a nod because he's got a ginger throwing to him but whatever. Antonio Brown I think leads the pack, but again all subjective.

I think Brown/Nelson are 1-2 at this point just because they're reliably on the field. Nelson is also just as productive as every one of those guys yet isn't destroying his team with some ridiculous contract. Bryant might replace one of those guys but at some point his head is just going to spontaneously combust and I can't trust that.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, looking at that top 100 list, it's absolutely ridiculous. 4 WRs already in the top 20? Uh, did the NFL forget there are other positions? No, it's a passing league so they auto-need to include all those WRs so fans will go buy their jerseys.

I'll take a player like Joe Thomas, Justin Houston, Gerald McCoy, Von Miller, and (yep homer) Earl Thomas (who allows an entire D to play a certain way) over ANY of those guys. Guys that are involved in EVERY play, protect and get to the QB. But nobody cares about that anymore because QBs just whine if they get hit and WRs bitch if they get a finger put on them, so let's continue to pump up QBs/WRs yay!

Whatever. I think Jordy is more appropriately top 30, but with as many WRs they're pounding in the top 20, he's easily in there (at least with what I consider a bogus list).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, looking at that top 100 list, it's absolutely ridiculous. 4 WRs already in the top 20? Uh, did the NFL forget there are other positions? No, it's a passing league so they auto-need to include all those WRs so fans will go buy their jerseys.

I'll take a player like Joe Thomas, Justin Houston, Gerald McCoy, Von Miller, and (yep homer) Earl Thomas (who allows an entire D to play a certain way) over ANY of those guys. Guys that are involved in EVERY play, protect and get to the QB. But nobody cares about that anymore because QBs just whine if they get hit and WRs bitch if they get a finger put on them, so let's continue to pump up QBs/WRs yay!

Whatever. I think Jordy is more appropriately top 30, but with as many WRs they're pounding in the top 20, he's easily in there (at least with what I consider a bogus list).

Have to agree. Every player you listed are guys I think if a team was starting from scratch would much rather have than even any of the top receivers in the league. We are seeing an influx of great receivers these days so whether you have the top receiver or a guy that is top-20 at the position the difference isn't as large as it used to be. Getting a Joe Thomas to anchor the left side of the line or McCoy who terrorizes QB's up the middle, or one of the top pass rushers in the entire league, or eve the top Safety in the league impacts the team much more than a top tier WR.

There are just some positions that are severely underrated even by the very players that play this game. I still would like to know who they ask and how they ask to figure out this top-100. They seem to keep some of that under lock and key and it makes me think some of this is pretty fixed.