• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Taylor

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXCLUSIVE: Jordan Taylor's one-handed catch

I just wanted to show everyone how Draft Crazy - like a true professional - built himself a back door out of the observation that Jordan Taylor didn't have great hands. I think they have improved since college. Taylor is an amazing athlete - came to Rice as an all purpose QB (imagine Lynch type) - and really hasn't had many reps in college as a WR. He has shown the drive to succeed - and the athleticism to make plays in the NFL. The WR competition after DT and Manny is going to be ultra fierce with Latimer, Taylor, Fowler and now Marlon Brown. I'd say Norwood is on a thin bubble. On top of that - if Norwood is gone - then Addison or Raymond -get a returner type job and figure in the WR group.

Mingo- I know what I saw with my own eyes. Jordan Taylor did not have good hands in college. He dropped a lot of passes.

Did I ever say they couldn't get better? NO! I know as well as anyone hands can improve. It happens all the time in WR's. I was just stating what I saw when I evaluated him with my own eyes. Player can improve, and catching a one handed pass doesn't mean you have "GREAT" hands. You have to continue he works at it and keeps getting better. One catch doesn't define a player. Is it a good thing? Well of course, it's part of his improvement going forward but it has to happen in more than just one catch.

I knew someone would take off and run with this. I have said 1,000 times my prediction was he didn't make the final roster, but I hope like hell he does.

It's stuff like this that I have to quit making predictions because then one little thing comes up and someone runs with it like HAHA look Draft Crazy was wrong.

I am wrong a lot. Don't throttle me for making a prediction just because I am not a homer over every single player who dawns a Denver Bronco jersey it doesn't mean I am not rooting for them. I just want the best player that give us a chance to win a Super Bowl. If that means I am wrong, then GREAT! I am happy for that.

It's eary when you think "everyone" will make the team, because then you're never wrong. :)

But that isn't me. I like to say what I see with my own eyes because if I hadn't seen a player play I'd want the same thing from someone else who has...

While Jordan still has to make the team, and I hope he does, and if I am wrong then Ill be a happy man. I am not the kind of person who roots for a player to fail just to be right. My biggest issue with Jordan making the team was the roster crunch. He obviously has the tools, but you don't have to go around digging up an old thread just to say "Hey, you were wrong after one great catch.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S.- I didn't mean to lay into ya but I just got done yelling at the cat for chasing the other one (in a non friendly manner) so I was on a roll!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo- I know what I saw with my own eyes. Jordan Taylor did not have good hands in college. He dropped a lot of passes.

Did I ever say they couldn't get better? NO! I know as well as anyone hands can improve. It happens all the time in WR's. I was just stating what I saw when I evaluated him with my own eyes. Player can improve, and catching a one handed pass doesn't mean you have "GREAT" hands. You have to continue he works at it and keeps getting better. One catch doesn't define a player. Is it a good thing? Well of course, it's part of his improvement going forward but it has to happen in more than just one catch.

I knew someone would take off and run with this. I have said 1,000 times my prediction was he didn't make the final roster, but I hope like hell he does.

It's stuff like this that I have to quit making predictions because then one little thing comes up and someone runs with it like HAHA look Draft Crazy was wrong.

I am wrong a lot. Don't throttle me for making a prediction just because I am not a homer over every single player who dawns a Denver Bronco jersey it doesn't mean I am not rooting for them. I just want the best player that give us a chance to win a Super Bowl. If that means I am wrong, then GREAT! I am happy for that.

It's eary when you think "everyone" will make the team, because then you're never wrong. :)

But that isn't me. I like to say what I see with my own eyes because if I hadn't seen a player play I'd want the same thing from someone else who has...

While Jordan still has to make the team, and I hope he does, and if I am wrong then Ill be a happy man. I am not the kind of person who roots for a player to fail just to be right. My biggest issue with Jordan making the team was the roster crunch. He obviously has the tools, but you don't have to go around digging up an old thread just to say "Hey, you were wrong after one great catch.

What's the matter with you? I agreed with your assessment and praised your professional presentation of the possibilities. Taylor did get better hands since college. Don't read crap not present in my posts. Have a little more self-confidence. I'm usually a Draft Crazy fan.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Taylor..... Taylor

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all are wrong at different times on this board. That is the fun in making predictions is just to see who gets them right. I mean our bold prediction thread is one that probably 90% if not higher of those predictions won't actually happen.

Now I do actually think @Draft Crazy has a point about the inconsistent hands of Jordan Taylor. From what I read today he ended practice well with a TD catch on the final play of practice but he had some drops earlier in the day. So I do think this is one of the two major concerns with Taylor and whether he makes the team. The second being what can he do to contribute on Special Teams? We have this ridiculous log jam at WR where I am hearing great things on different days about Latimer, Taylor, Brown, Fowler, Addison, Raymond, and some others. Wouldn't surprise me if we see 2-3 of the guys we cut make other teams at the WR position.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl- What have you heard on Addison so far?

He has had some nice returns. Right now though sounds like he is being overshadowed by Kalif Raymond who has busted some really nice punt returns but also been blowing by guys on deep patterns for some nice plays with Paxon Lynch.

The other issue I have heard with Addison is route running. He had one play where it was supposed to be a come back pattern and he just kind of stopped at the top of his route letting the Corner get underneath him for a big pick.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff. I am hoping at the worst Addison can make the PS.

Raymond intrigues me.

Never heard of him either until a friend of mine who owns his own gym (he use to be an agent) wanted me to interview his players who worked out at his gym. Raymond was one of those guys. He was also the only one who didn't respond when I reached out to him to get the interview done.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on that story - Raymond intrigues me too. ;)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And from what I read, that doesn't sound like him - I saw an interview with him and he's quite articulate and willing to do anything to try and make the team. Said he would even snap for punts if that helped. ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff. I am hoping at the worst Addison can make the PS.

Raymond intrigues me.

Never heard of him either until a friend of mine who owns his own gym (he use to be an agent) wanted me to interview his players who worked out at his gym. Raymond was one of those guys. He was also the only one who didn't respond when I reached out to him to get the interview done.

If camp ended today the way I understand it the last WR position would come down to Raymond or Norwood. Raymond has a lot higher upside because of his ridiculous speed and actually he has been the better receiver of the two so far but Norwood has the familiarity and consistency side of things going his way. Preseason will be huge for a lot of these guys. If I had to guess depending on injuries I think the Broncos keep 6 WR's again.

I would go DT, Sanders, Latimer, Fowler, Taylor, and Raymond. Nice mix of veterans and high upside young guys who also can contribute on special teams. Everybody beyond DT has been working on Special Teams so far in camp so they are showing well that they want to be on this team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sorta feel like with our current team we may not start the season with a rookie PR like we did with Burse. Rather a safe PR like Norwood. May stick Raymond on the PS until we are fully confident he won't put the ball on the ground, and again maybe he will look so good that we will be confident. If that is the case and Raymond is beating out Addison then that doesn't bode well for Addison making the PS as they are the same type of player. Raymond is faster but Addison has a bit better resume and film from Oregon, which once you get to camp means nothing.

Like the starting QB spot that last WR spot is going to come down to PS... All those WR's should get a good look come PS.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sorta feel like with our current team we may not start the season with a rookie PR like we did with Burse. Rather a safe PR like Norwood. May stick Raymond on the PS until we are fully confident he won't put the ball on the ground, and again maybe he will look so good that we cannot. If that is the case and Raymond is beating out Addison then that doesn't bode well for Addison making the PS as they are the same type of player. Raymond is faster but Addison has a bit better resume and film from Oregon, which once you get to camp means nothing.

All good thoughts. I'm just not sure Norwood has done enough to prove that he is a reliable PR either at this point. I mean yes his Super Bowl play was incredible to watch but that might have also been one of the stupidest decisions that somehow just worked out great. I mean that one play could have cost us the Super Bowl. Yes I know risk is sometimes needed but man did he get lucky. Beyond that play I can't think of many punt returns that wowed me. So if Raymond can have a couple of wow! plays in the preseason yeah I think he could be our guy.

To me preseason is going to matter a lot more this year than in some past years. Most past years we have known probably 90% of our depth chart. This year I would say it is around 70% is known. Lots of competition across the board.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raymond supposedly did not have poor hands in college, but he has muffed several punts from what I've read. That will have to be cleaned up if he hopes to make the team.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Nixon take reps as a return man tells you the Broncos are still looking for a return man solution. Nixon makes a lot of sense - more - anyway - than a WR candidate.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good thoughts. I'm just not sure Norwood has done enough to prove that he is a reliable PR either at this point. I mean yes his Super Bowl play was incredible to watch but that might have also been one of the stupidest decisions that somehow just worked out great. I mean that one play could have cost us the Super Bowl. Yes I know risk is sometimes needed but man did he get lucky. Beyond that play I can't think of many punt returns that wowed me. So if Raymond can have a couple of wow! plays in the preseason yeah I think he could be our guy.

To me preseason is going to matter a lot more this year than in some past years. Most past years we have known probably 90% of our depth chart. This year I would say it is around 70% is known. Lots of competition across the board.

Reliable meaning he can catch the ball and make good decisions. I know the SB wasn't a great decision but it turned out well as everyone thought he was smart enough to call for FC. But Norwood made it to the NFL because of his intelligence and work ethic, not because he is a burner or physical beast. He is reliable, limited upside.

Im not saying Norwood is a great PR, but in reliable I mean that he knows what he is doing with experience and won't make the rookie mistakes. The way our team is built the key is good D, run game, short passing game and not turning the ball over.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Nixon take reps as a return man tells you the Broncos are still looking for a return man solution. Nixon makes a lot of sense - more - anyway - than a WR candidate.

Yeah I think we are trying everything. We wanna know what will work and what could save us on a roster spot at the same time. If we can get someone like Bolden who was a nice gunner and depth DB it wil lbe a bonus on the roster spot.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raymond supposedly did not have poor hands in college, but he has muffed several punts from what I've read. That will have to be cleaned up if he hopes to make the team.

YES!

That will be my worry and my thought for not having him be our PR as a rookie. He just may be a bit unreliable for the way our team is built right now. He may need more time on the PS to gain the coaches confidence.

I still hope Addison is the guy. But whatever helps us win I am all for.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think we are trying everything. We wanna know what will work and what could save us on a roster spot at the same time. If we can get someone like Bolden who was a nice gunner and depth DB it wil lbe a bonus on the roster spot.

Any updates from Omar DC? Wishing him well.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Omar was not going to be ready before training camp so you can bet when he is Broncos will be interested by then ... He is not someone teams will wait for to heal ..

Him knowing our system ..