• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zac Taylor hot seat

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been impressed. I feel that he is a detriment to Joe Burrow's health. I'd like to see him right the ship though and am rooting for him. LOVE for Hue Jackson to get the call, bring back Andy if Burrow doesn't make .

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it appears that the legend of Red Rocket is growing everytime Dalton takes a snap from center in the windy city. It appears he is playing this offense as a finely tuned violin.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E7847JvXIAcU7Lf

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whats your take on this @Cincyfan78 & @cincygrad ?
I mean, the guy missed a chunk of last season and rehabbed his ass off to get back on the field. There's a lot of change up front as well as getting Burrow back into the flow. Talk to me in 2 weeks - if the same things are still persistent - I'll start to be a little concerned, but the reality is - no matter what he says, that mental aspect of stepping into throws is going to take some time.

Also - not that I think the Bengals defense is going to be a top 10 unit - but they have some really good players. Not a ton of top end talent, but they do have decent players across the board and at some depth positions. Last year the lost as many as 7 starters for some games, and I believe 4-5 impact players for the year. I would expect the defense to have a nice bounce back year. Especially in the secondary where you are lining up Waynes, Bates, Bell, and Hilton. Then you add in Awuzie, Apple, and others - and while they are not top tier - they are very good depth pieces. The depth across both the DL/DE and DB's is pretty solid. A ton of veterans in that backfield and across the line. So, I don't think it's a big surprise that the defense is out in front of the offense at this point in time.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add - I also have to wonder what they are working on offensively as they also have to keep an eye on protecting Burrow. My guess is that the offense, right now, is likely very sparse in some aspects to ensure maximum protection.

Just a guess on my part - but if that is the case, then things will open up more as the offense starts to open up and they allow Burrow to start being Burrow.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the guy missed a chunk of last season and rehabbed his ass off to get back on the field. There's a lot of change up front as well as getting Burrow back into the flow. Talk to me in 2 weeks - if the same things are still persistent - I'll start to be a little concerned, but the reality is - no matter what he says, that mental aspect of stepping into throws is going to take some time.

Also - not that I think the Bengals defense is going to be a top 10 unit - but they have some really good players. Not a ton of top end talent, but they do have decent players across the board and at some depth positions. Last year the lost as many as 7 starters for some games, and I believe 4-5 impact players for the year. I would expect the defense to have a nice bounce back year. Especially in the secondary where you are lining up Waynes, Bates, Bell, and Hilton. Then you add in Awuzie, Apple, and others - and while they are not top tier - they are very good depth pieces. The depth across both the DL/DE and DB's is pretty solid. A ton of veterans in that backfield and across the line. So, I don't think it's a big surprise that the defense is out in front of the offense at this point in time.
Agreed on Burrow. Definitely going to take some time to get back into the swing of things. There's only so much confidence you can build while playing in shorts. I wouldn't be too concerned over Burrow at this point either. Even if he starts slow he should find his rhythm at some point.

That defense is definitely flush with talent. Should be interesting to see how they fair right out the gate against the Bucs. They are perfectly "equipped" to handle a team like that, but will the coaches put them in the right position to succeed? Low-key going to be a very fun game to watch in week 1.