• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan and Carmen PFF Scores

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, the offensive line did well against Washington. After the first drive, the Bengals’ line was solid in pass protection, giving up zero sacks and zero quarterback knee injuries.

Jackson Carman and Michael Jordan are looking better than what many expected. They even played a series against the Washington first-round-filled defensive line.

Carman is starting to develop into the player the Bengals saw when they drafted, and Jordan has definitely turned the corner.

The backup tackles didn’t look impressive, though, so even though he didn’t play against Washington, D’Ante Smith has a chance to secure a backup tackle spot.

Jonah Williams, Riley Reiff, D’Ante Smith, and Fred Johnson will probably be the tackles on the Week 1 roster. Between Xavier Su’a-Filo, Quinton Spain, Trey Hopkins, Billy Price, Jordan, and Carman, one will be cut next weekend.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, the offensive line did well against Washington. After the first drive, the Bengals’ line was solid in pass protection, giving up zero sacks and zero quarterback knee injuries.

Jackson Carman and Michael Jordan are looking better than what many expected. They even played a series against the Washington first-round-filled defensive line.

Carman is starting to develop into the player the Bengals saw when they drafted, and Jordan has definitely turned the corner.

The backup tackles didn’t look impressive, though, so even though he didn’t play against Washington, D’Ante Smith has a chance to secure a backup tackle spot.

Jonah Williams, Riley Reiff, D’Ante Smith, and Fred Johnson will probably be the tackles on the Week 1 roster. Between Xavier Su’a-Filo, Quinton Spain, Trey Hopkins, Billy Price, Jordan, and Carman, one will be cut next weekend.
I honestly don't know how you cut any of those guys you list. XSF and Spain probably need to start the season just to supply a veteran presence. Hopkins is our starting center if healthy and he is going nowhere. Price seems necessary in case Hopkins is rusty or slow coming back from injury. Carman is obviously not going anywhere and Jordan has played his way on the team. I've seen some people speculate that they keep 10 - They might have to. If Hopkins were fully healthy and we had a guy that could back-up at center, I could see Price getting the ax.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know how you cut any of those guys you list. XSF and Spain probably need to start the season just to supply a veteran presence. Hopkins is our starting center if healthy and he is going nowhere. Price seems necessary in case Hopkins is rusty or slow coming back from injury. Carman is obviously not going anywhere and Jordan has played his way on the team. I've seen some people speculate that they keep 10 - They might have to. If Hopkins were fully healthy and we had a guy that could back-up at center, I could see Price getting the ax.
Agreed. I see them going lighter elsewhere to keep more OL. Especially since I could see Pollack wanting to keep everyone around for more time to work with them into the season with live games.

Where do they go lighter? Not sure.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I see them going lighter elsewhere to keep more OL. Especially since I could see Pollack wanting to keep everyone around for more time to work with them into the season with live games.

Where do they go lighter? Not sure.
Well, to start, I wouldn't keep more than 2 quarterbacks.... The third and forth guys aren't very good anyway and they won't get picked up. I also wouldn't keep more than 3 running backs. Even if you cut Pooka, I think its unlikely that he gets picked up due to his nagging hamstring - He'd be a good candidate for the practice squad. I'd probably only keep 6 wideouts as well. Even if we cut some of the guys at the position, they would likely be available should injuries occur.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to start, I wouldn't keep more than 2 quarterbacks.... The third and forth guys aren't very good anyway and they won't get picked up. I also wouldn't keep more than 3 running backs. Even if you cut Pooka, I think its unlikely that he gets picked up due to his nagging hamstring - He'd be a good candidate for the practice squad. I'd probably only keep 6 wideouts as well. Even if we cut some of the guys at the position, they would likely be available should injuries occur.
Agreed. I think RB and WR are certainly areas where you can keep it light. I mean, the majority of the snaps are already accounted for by the first 4 WR's on the list in Boyd, Tate, Higgins, and Chase.

But, with 1 more pre-season game to go, these things typically have a way of working themselves out anyway.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Price trade - like I said - these things have a way of working out....

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Price trade - like I said - these things have a way of working out....
Now the question is, which defensive lineman is getting thrown to the side after this trade?

Hubbard
Reader
Ogunjobi
Hendrickson
Sample
Kareem
Daniels
Hill
Shelvin
Hodge

Injured List: Ossai, Hubert

Cuts: Spence, Bledsoe, McKenzie, Tupou, Wren

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carman graded well again yesteday.

BTW - Sewell is one of the worst PFF graded tackles in the last 5 preseasons. He and Chase are quite the duo.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carman graded well again yesteday.

BTW - Sewell is one of the worst PFF graded tackles in the last 5 preseasons. He and Chase are quite the duo.
Wow. Never knew he was doing that bad. He obviously can't play right tackle which is what we would have wanted him to do.