• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Takes The Cowardly Way Out

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious how this affects the other 29 teams dealings with the Clippers going forward. I'm guessing many of the other owners/GMs have a problem with the actions of Ballmer and Doc.
Personally I don't have a problem with it all even if that had been the Lakers screwed over. As an employer I don't want employees that have a problem because then they will become a problem and I think that moratorium worked as it should work. It gave the guy a chance to think about it and he called his former team mates who flew into Texas at Jordan's request and they sat down and worked it out. Hopefully everyone is happy and the only ones to my knowledge that are pissed is the Dallas Mavericks camp including fans, players and management. That's a small price to pay for a player being able to back out of something that would have been a mistake and may be a disaster

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't have a problem with it all even if that had been the Lakers screwed over. As an employer I don't want employees that have a problem because then they will become a problem and I think that moratorium worked as it should work. It gave the guy a chance to think about it and he called his former team mates who flew into Texas at Jordan's request and they sat down and worked it out. Hopefully everyone is happy and the only ones to my knowledge that are pissed is the Dallas Mavericks camp including fans, players and management. That's a small price to pay for a player being able to back out of something that would have been a mistake and may be a disaster

But screwed another owner in the process. You don't think other owners/GMs around the league have issues with how the Clippers handled this?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you're still not getting it. the point that pisses of the fans is not that he decided to back out, its how and when he did it. Because of the timing it prevented the Mavs from being able to change course/strategy.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really blame him. Cali to Texas is a massive move. Your whole life changes when you move states. Where your wife works, socializes, where your kids go to school etc...it's not just the player whose life changes. So I don't have a problem with him not wanted to up and move everything to another state if he really didn't want to.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're still not getting it. the point that pisses of the fans is not that he decided to back out, its how and when he did it. Because of the timing it prevented the Mavs from being able to change course/strategy.

Always have a back up plan.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word is that other gms and owners aren't happy.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really blame him. Cali to Texas is a massive move. Your whole life changes when you move states. Where your wife works, socializes, where your kids go to school etc...it's not just the player whose life changes. So I don't have a problem with him not wanted to up and move everything to another state if he really didn't want to.
Lel. Bye already lived in Texas. He was moving closer to home.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy lives in Houston.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this happened to my team, I have to admit that I would be livid. What Jordan was a bitch move and cowardly, and I've lost a shit ton of respect for him.
I never had any respect for him.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story. No one should feel sorry for Cuban. Cuban didn't get screwed. The Mavs and all our fans did. Cuban is just the face of it all.
You are absolutely right. The Mavs fans got shafted.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But screwed another owner in the process. You don't think other owners/GMs around the league have issues with how the Clippers handled this?
They have done just as bad in other deals - Wasn't the Mavericks that made a deal to trade players with the illegal agreement that one of them would be waived so that the Mavericks could resign him back?. Then the NBA caught wind, and vetoed the trade, so they re-worked the trade and still did the same thing with different players. The owner was bitching a few years ago about the Lakers getting Chris Paul and now he is signing max contracts left and right. It's a screw who you can first, but yeah - the others will have a problem with it until it's convenient to do the same

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it - I just don't give a damn about those fans. They aren't Lakers fans

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have done just as bad in other deals - Wasn't the Mavericks that made a deal to trade players with the illegal agreement that one of them would be waived so that the Mavericks could resign him back?. Then the NBA caught wind, and vetoed the trade, so they re-worked the trade and still did the same thing with different players. The owner was bitching a few years ago about the Lakers getting Chris Paul and now he is signing max contracts left and right. It's a screw who you can first, but yeah - the others will have a problem with it until it's convenient to do the same

Trust me, I think Cuban is POS for getting the CP3 trade rescinded. It's kind of ironic that CP3 was a part of the comedy Wednesday.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, I think Cuban is POS for getting the CP3 trade rescinded. It's kind of ironic that CP3 was a part of the comedy Wednesday.
Have you heard the saying NO GOOD DEED EVER GOES UNPUNISHED :lol: