• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Takes The Cowardly Way Out

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the agent wasn't part of it, it was all DJ and Blake.

Don't blame the Clips, FYI. I just blame DJ.

I put the bulk of the blame on DJ. Not because he changed his mind, that's his right. Looking at it from an employee/employer perspective, it's not like he's the only person in history to want to change companies and then decided at the last minute to stay put (he's not even the first NBA player to do it). However, when he decided he was staying in L.A., he should have immediately called Cuban (or at least answered the fucking phone) and told him "I'm sorry, I've changed my mind.

I also put part of the blame on the Clippers. Not for re-signing him. If he wanted to come back and they still wanted him, they should absolutely re-sign him. They'd be stupid not to. However, as a professional organization, they should have either left for a couple of hours and allowed Cuban the meeting (which apparently had been agreed to), insisted that he call Cuban and tell him or, at the very least, Ballmer should have called Cuban and explained that DJ has had a change of heart, but doesn't want to talk, so he's calling on his behalf as a courtesy.

JV35

El Chapo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another entitled NBA POS punk does the expected.

29723428CySEY9H.gif

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will have an insane amount of cap space next offseason. Not only will the Lakers have Kobe's salary off the books, but the NBA salary cap is project to soar to new heights. Make a run at Durant and dare I say it . . . LeBron??? I don't see LeBron leaving, but with the cap soaring, we will be seeing unprecedented contracts in the next two offseasons.

Personally, I wouldn't waste any time on Lebron. I think the Lebron playing anywhere but Cleveland ship has sailed. I would love to see them make a run at Durant or even just add some more solid players next year and make a run at Westbrook or someone in 2017.

I agree about the insane contracts we're going to see. Next year, with the cap jump and Kobe coming off the books, the Lakers should have enough cap space to sign as many as 3 max guys. That's crazy to even think about.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I wouldn't waste any time on Lebron. I think the Lebron playing anywhere but Cleveland ship has sailed. I would love to see them make a run at Durant or even just add some more solid players next year and make a run at Westbrook or someone in 2017.

I agree about the insane contracts we're going to see. Next year, with the cap jump and Kobe coming off the books, the Lakers should have enough cap space to sign as many as 3 max guys. That's crazy to even think about.

Every team's gotta be careful about chasing performance (to borrow a stock market term). I think that the best teams will be the ones who draft well and who make the under-the-radar free agent signings. It's mind-boggling how much some veterans are getting paid considering their production. Gerald Wallace is due some $10 million dollars this season. $10 million dollars!!!!

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mavs have a history of striking out with top flight free agents. Darron williams and Aldridge are from Dallas. Didn't matter. Howard said no thanks. They were close with DJ. Seems to me the top players just don't choose Dallas. Hell parsons is probably their biggest pickup in a long time in free agency and he's a role player

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah sometimes.. its good to change your mind

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw, just when Mavs fans were starting to puff out their chest too. :heh:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team's gotta be careful about chasing performance (to borrow a stock market term). I think that the best teams will be the ones who draft well and who make the under-the-radar free agent signings. It's mind-boggling how much some veterans are getting paid considering their production. Gerald Wallace is due some $10 million dollars this season. $10 million dollars!!!!

I agree. There will be the temptation to just throw money at guys because they can. Teams have to resist that. Still have to consider how they all will fit and actually getting production close to what they're getting paid.

Part of the reason the Knicks are where they are is because they tried the "just throw a lot of money at talented players" approach.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story. No one should feel sorry for Cuban. Cuban didn't get screwed. The Mavs and all our fans did. Cuban is just the face of it all.

And who cares who bitches and moans?
And yet he is a likable guy and from an objective point of view a good man to work for. I do workers compensation audits and have observed many owners/bosses and were real pricks. Cuban takes pretty good care of his people, but any time you deal with an ex-Clipper - prepare to be burned

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for Doc's kid to be an UFA. Dallas should offer a huge deal, way more than anyone else would offer, on the first day of the moratorium. Then don't provide a contract for a few days after the signing period opens, and then tell him we changed our minds.

Let Doc, who claims DJ didn't owe Mark a call, console his little bastard child who thought he was all set only to have it ripped away. Oh yeah, and it should be some low level FO intern who calls the agent to tell him no deal.

Doc didn't look like a prick until he just opened his fucking mouth. "DJ owes nothing, it's the agent that should call Mark." Oh really, you mean the agent that you wouldn't let him talk to on the phone to update? Eat a bag of dicks, Doc.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for Doc's kid to be an UFA. Dallas should offer a huge deal, way more than anyone else would offer, on the first day of the moratorium. Then don't provide a contract for a few days after the signing period opens, and then tell him we changed our minds.

Let Doc, who claims DJ didn't owe Mark a call, console his little bastard child who thought he was all set only to have it ripped away. Oh yeah, and it should be some low level FO intern who calls the agent to tell him no deal.

Doc didn't look like a prick until he just opened his fucking mouth. "DJ owes nothing, it's the agent that should call Mark." Oh really, you mean the agent that you wouldn't let him talk to on the phone to update? Eat a bag of dicks, Doc.

Yeah - and don't forget that Balmer and Doc Rivers was there. That was a pretty shitty thing to do to another person, but when you know you're dealing with a coward, you don't turn your back on him and in their hearts, Balmer and Rivers knew Jordan was a coward and had to babysit him to keep him fluid

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He handled this all wrong, no disputing that.

But, I'm very happy right now.

So...........:lalala:

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What people have to realize is this is good for the mavs,he is 7ft and cannot get his own shot,he cannot score unless its a dunk,he needs chris paul to succeed or at least a good point guard if he does not have that he is a 7ft bust he is only good for block shots and dunks, he cannot shoot free throws. i don't want a 7 footer who cant do what a true big can do. he is a waste of height and not worth the money he is getting. the clippers won't win a championship with him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been telling people for years that Doc Rivers is big snake that bleeds green. He teaches thug ball and he'll do anything to be an a-hole which he seems do with a lot of regularity. Just remember who taught Kevin Garnett how to punch a guy in the balls while an opponent is shooting a jump shot and then scream at the ref that he is totally innocent.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear DeAndre,

Thank you for taking over as the most hated player in the NBA.

Sincerely,

Lebron

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Clippers,

Thank you for being the Clippers.

Warm Regards,

The Lakers

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I am fairly certain that the Clip Joint has become the red-light district for the NBA.