• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Takes The Cowardly Way Out

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers don't trade good players bro until they start declining and are beginning to lose their mojo - with the exception of Kobe Bryant of course.

Great, then you would have no cap space this offseason with CP3 on your books.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it speaks volumes of his inability to grow as a player because of being with the Clippers though. Think about it and what player in his right mind would be afraid to become the man and at the top of the food chain in charge of his own team? And yet Doc Rivers and Pricks have eroded his self esteem and confidence that he is unable to grow up. In a way that is sad, because it's only going to get worse for him. He is like the abuse child that goes home so his dad will take a towel dipped in urine and wash his face with it

Maybe he didn't watch the pressure of being the man in Dallas?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he didn't watch the pressure of being the man in Dallas?

I don't think DJ has the skills to be the man anyway. He can rebound and defend but has little offense skills other than put backs.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DJ was just cornered when Doc and his boys didn't want to leave until DJ signs the contract. Still a bitch move tho for ditching the Mavs.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS. Cuban blocked a trade, he didn't screw your franchise over like DJ did.

And considering your money problems now, he did you a MASSIVE favor in keeping CP3's salary off your books. You would have had to trade him.

It impacted the franchise significantly, from Odom wanting out to Gasol never again having his heart into playing for the Lakers. They'd likely have D12 and CP3 right now and be a contender. They would not have had to trade CP3.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, then you would have no cap space this offseason with CP3 on your books.

CP3, D12, Kobe. You can't just look at the current salary situation. You don't know what would have happened differently.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck him and his coward bitch ass

Hope cubes openly tanks next year to get that top 7 pick

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be great if Dallas somehow just misses the playoffs, and then "miraculously" ends up getting a top 3 pick in the lotto. NBA owes Cuban nothing, but as a tip of the hat for "our policy screwed you" they give us the 3rd pick. LOL

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be great if Dallas somehow just misses the playoffs, and then "miraculously" ends up getting a top 3 pick in the lotto. NBA owes Cuban nothing, but as a tip of the hat for "our policy screwed you" they give us the 3rd pick. LOL

They need that pick to be in the top 7 or it goes to Boston right? Hopefully they keep it. Fuck Boston.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping when the dust settles that something comes out to the effect of......Jordan told his Agent he was having second thoughts, Agent tried to push him to the Mavs, DeAndre said Fug it...I'll just make the call to Doc myself.

Either way, he looks childish.

But, Welcome Back!!!!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping when the dust settles that something comes out to the effect of......Jordan told his Agent he was having second thoughts, Agent tried to push him to the Mavs, DeAndre said Fug it...I'll just make the call to Doc myself.

Either way, he looks childish.

But, Welcome Back!!!!

Sounds like the agent wasn't part of it, it was all DJ and Blake.

Don't blame the Clips, FYI. I just blame DJ.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right..anything but a top 7 goes to Boston.

I'm sure Cuban told Wesley he could walk away because why would you pay him if you are tanking.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right..anything but a top 7 goes to Boston.

I'm sure Cuban told Wesley he could walk away because why would you pay him if you are tanking.

Well, the injury is pretty serious. The conversation might become "we are tanking, here is your yearly salary. Just go rehab and get ready for next year."

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

about sums up the feeling.....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the agent wasn't part of it, it was all DJ and Blake.

Don't blame the Clips, FYI. I just blame DJ.

Ditto.

I see all the Doc blame and it makes me laugh.

His freaking job was on the line.

So, did anyone really expect him not to come running when DJ called?

I have been saying it all Summer.

If he was gonna walk, I wanted it to be to the Mavs.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy about his return. But, the way this was handled was wrong.

Good Luck this Season.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does this make the Clippers not a punch line? The Clippers team is having a sleepover until Deandre Jordan, a 26 year old man, can sign his contract. You have a grown man who needs to be coddled and told what to do. The clippers will not leave his house because his word means absolutely nothing, and they think if he talks to the Mavs he will flip again. If anything, this adds to the Clippers being a punch line.

Exactly! This whole thing is comedy gold. :pound:What a desperation move on their part! I can't say I blame them all that much because I guess they figured that having back their mentally weak center who shoots FT's worse than many players shoot 3's is better than having no center at all. Blake was probably shitting his pants thinking about how he might actually have to try playing some defense if Jordan were gone.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you have, $16M in cap room? What does that leave if CP3 were allowed to be on your team? Kobe/CP3/ couple young talent...and no salary for bench.

Like I said, it's a good thing you didn't get CP3. He would have been feeding young spares the last two years while taking cap space. Until Kobe's giant contract comes off, you didn't need CP3.

Actually, the Lakers had about $23-28 million in cap space this year. So enough to add a max guy and a role player. Next season, they will have even more because the moves they made this off-season when they didn't get any big name FA's preserved their cap space and Kobe's $25 million comes off the books.

How many years ago was the CP3 trade and why would you think it had anything to do with what the Lakers would have now? Had the trade gone through, the team is built around CP3 and Kobe, so the Lakers would have a very different team and may not even need any cap space this season other than for role player types.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Jordan for changing his mind. That is his right. Blame the Nba for having shitty rules to allow this to happen.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the Lakers had about $23-28 million in cap space this year. So enough to add a max guy and a role player. Next season, they will have even more because the moves they made this off-season when they didn't get any big name FA's preserved their cap space and Kobe's $25 million comes off the books.

How many years ago was the CP3 trade and why would you think it had anything to do with what the Lakers would have now? Had the trade gone through, the team is built around CP3 and Kobe, so the Lakers would have a very different team and may not even need any cap space this season other than for role player types.

The Lakers will have an insane amount of cap space next offseason. Not only will the Lakers have Kobe's salary off the books, but the NBA salary cap is project to soar to new heights. Make a run at Durant and dare I say it . . . LeBron??? I don't see LeBron leaving, but with the cap soaring, we will be seeing unprecedented contracts in the next two offseasons.