• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Palmer

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't expect much out of game 4.
But Palmer looked better than any BU QB we've had here. Made good quick reads, and for the most part good accurate throws.
I know I'm basing this off 2nd team play. But that's where you usually judge the BU.
He looked 10xs better than McCown ( who I liked ).
I didn't know much about the guy. But liked what I saw from him ( especially after 2 weeks practice ).
Just think he would be a good #2.
I also said in another post Edwards would be the #3 if needed . Boy was I wrong.:noidea:

running bear828

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked palmer also. bears should keep him. he will pass up McCown half way through the season. edwards didnt have the arm. lentz outran edwards's arm.

Midevilgnat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Palmer looks like a keeper, good arm, decent accuracy, and didnt look like a deer in the headlights.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer in, Edwards out. I agree that Palmer should be #2 as McCown is just awful.

And is there any way in the world that the Bears keep Fendi Onubon? Man, I thought Kellen Davis had stone hands. Onubon is just plain awful.

J'Marcus Webb probably stays, especially after taking a 50% pay cut. But why? Another guy who really is bad. More false start penalties and still taking lessons on how to get your quarterback annihilated.

Earl Bennett...I'm thinking he gets an injury buyout or released. Too much money on the table for too little production.

Cornelius Washington...he makes the team. Armando Allen...nope. He gets beat out by Michael Ford. Harvey Unga...late 4th quarter fumble...he's cut too. Brandon Hardin...bye bye, terrible coverage all night. But Demontre Hurst had a really good game.

Midevilgnat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fendi Onubon is going to get cut I think, and I think J'Webb is gone to.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fendi Onubon is going to get cut I think, and I think J'Webb is gone to.

Gee go out on a limb and predict Onubon to get cut. If he actually remains with the team, I give up. What I thought was a smart front office just gets the dunce cap and has to sit in the corner.

Should be the easiest, and first, cut tomorrow morning.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Palmer and Edwards should stay and McCown should go....I like the kid's gritty demeanor en sech, but both Edwards and Palmer are much younger. Edwards' bomb to Lentz(sp?) was pretty.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J. Webb is atrocious. The Pre-Snap penalties are ridiculous. Staring against the scrubs tonight, and he still had the first False Start:tsk:

Send his ass packing. Waaaaaaay too much time and money invested in his dumb ass already.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer in, Edwards out. I agree that Palmer should be #2 as McCown is just awful.

And is there any way in the world that the Bears keep Fendi Onubon? Man, I thought Kellen Davis had stone hands. Onubon is just plain awful.

J'Marcus Webb probably stays, especially after taking a 50% pay cut. But why? Another guy who really is bad. More false start penalties and still taking lessons on how to get your quarterback annihilated.

Earl Bennett...I'm thinking he gets an injury buyout or released. Too much money on the table for too little production.

Cornelius Washington...he makes the team. Armando Allen...nope. He gets beat out by Michael Ford. Harvey Unga...late 4th quarter fumble...he's cut too. Brandon Hardin...bye bye, terrible coverage all night. But Demontre Hurst had a really good game.

I wouldn' say McCown is awful. Just that Palmer looked really good.
Fedi (I started a thread on him), made some plays that got me on the same page w/ the coaching staff. Just think he's a hope he can help himself player. Ton of talent, but weak between the ears. Just think he'd be a feather in the cap, if they could fix him.
Webb only stays because of injuries. Britton went out on cart. And Scott still isn't practicing.
It's a tough call for #3 RB. I like Ford. But he had a couple miscues. Allen played well on STs.
I hope Minter makes the team as well. We haven't had a big body for a while. Just like those guys.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Palmer and Edwards should stay and McCown should go....I like the kid's gritty demeanor en sech, but both Edwards and Palmer are much younger. Edwards' bomb to Lentz(sp?) was pretty.

I loved how Palmer played. But Edwards was Playing behind the same line, had the same WRs,
Palmer showed me plenty. Trent not so much. I still like McCown over Trent. But Palmer is a different story.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J. Webb is atrocious. The Pre-Snap penalties are ridiculous. Staring against the scrubs tonight, and he still had the first False Start:tsk:

Send his ass packing. Waaaaaaay too much time and money invested in his dumb ass already.

:agree: But he's the only healthy guy available. He must be living right. My only guess:lol:.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I'm really disappointed we let Palmer go. I'm sure they figured that someone would have just picked him up off of the practice squad, so they gave that spot to someone else.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer and Edwards were NOT eligible to be on the practice squad, so that's why the Bears released both of them. Personally, I think Palmer's upside outweighs that of Josh McCown, so I would have kept Palmer and let McCown go. At least Palmer showed some are strength and some smarts, something that both Edwards and McCown haven't shown. I liked how Palmer audibled down near the goal line. Nice job there for a guy who was in the system for less than two weeks.

Bears auditioned five other no name QB's to be on the practice squad. One notable was Aaron Rodger's little brother who played at Vanderbilt, the same school as Jay Cutler.

The Bears really want to develop a young QB, which for the Bears is an oxymoron. Develop. QB. Never seems to go together when mentioning the Bears.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do we have that could go to the PC at QB?
Anyone?
...I guess they'll be searching the waiver wire for that.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears had a tryout this past Wednesday and looked at five QB's. One of them is Aaron Rogers little brother who played at Vanderbilt...just like Jay Cutler. One of them will wind up on the practice squad.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they bring Palmer back after week1. When they don't have to guarantee any money.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, I figured Jordan Palmer was a youngish type guy the Bears might be interested in developing. Actually, he's 29 years old...no spring chicken.

I still like him better than Josh McCown, who has shown absolutely nothing in this preseason and last preseason.

But, that being said, the Bears just signed former Texas A&M quarterback Jerrod Johnson to the practice squad, who worked out last week for the Bears. Johnson is 25 years old and has already bounced around with the Eagles, Steelers, Seattle and the UFL, where he was the number one overall selection.

He finished at A&M as ranking first in passing yards and total offense. (Beware Johnny Football!)

In 2009, Johnson beat out Ryan Tannehill as the starter at A&M. In 2010, he lost the starting job to Tannehill.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really have no back up QB right now.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion Edwards or Palmer woulda been ok as a 3rd string qb, but i trust this coach, he knows talent alot better than we ever will.I have a feeling we will all be happy we didnt keep either one of em.