• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Crawford and Marshon Brooks coming

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people say hinrich who I would of liked to have would be a better option than Crawford? I just don't understand he has more assists per 36

Probably has to do with the makeup of the player rather than just simply numbers. Crawford is having a good year, but Hinrich is a tested veteran. You know what you're going to get from him night in and night out. Crawford is a bit more of a wild card.

Hinrich is also a better defender, by far.

That being said, Crawford is more what the Warriors need on their second unit. They need someone to create, not only for teammates, but be able to get the ball in the bucket. Crawford can do that. Too many people are concerned with how he will play along side Curry or Klay, but they forget Jackson's tendency to simply do the 5 in 5 out routine. If that's still his intention, you need a guy like Crawford who can go out and get a bucket with that second unit. They had hoped Barnes would be that guy for them but so far he hasn't developed that way.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawfish is a fun player. He's sort of a PG but sort of not. He does have handle, can get hot, takes it to the hole and can also be a little out of control.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Crawford will see the floor tonight?

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this deal, but lets not go "overboard"

Crawford just came from a team this is currently 13-26 in a very weak Eastern conference.

I'd hope he can be an efficient player at 15-20 minutes a night. If he can do that, Steph will get his rest, and its a winner winner chicken dinner scenario for all

:laugh3:

Starting on a 13-26 translates pretty well to role player on a playoff team. I love the move. Now we just need a Carl Landry type and we're set

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Crawford will see the floor tonight?

They will likely not play until the OKC game. Crawford and Brooks still need to take their physicals.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how this will work out, but I'm pretty confident in thinking it can't be any worse than what we have right now on the bench. And it's 2 bodies instead of 1, so maybe slightly more flexibility and protection from an injury.

Crawford seems like he has skills, just a question of whether he can play smart and under control. If he's chucking 3s with 20 seconds not he shot clock I'm going to be pissed off but if he's a legit scoring threat that opens up some options for Barnes, Green, and Speights then he could make a big difference.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it. I just know our bench has gotton a lot more dangerous.

:yahoo:

No question. Bench has been improved, and that's our biggest questions mark heading into the latter half of the season.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detailed, I mean fine toothed comb level, of the deal, from all 3 teams perspectives:

Why the Jordan Crawford Deal Helps Miami, Golden State, and Boston «

"The only downside: adding $1.7 million to this season’s payroll. But they’re still about $2.7 million under the tax, in case a minimum-salary sort of thing comes up, and they control Crawford’s restricted free agency this summer. Brooks is a flyer who can’t defend and likely won’t play much. Miami’s participation allowed Golden State to do the deal without giving up a pick — good thing, since they’re already out two first-rounders to Utah, and they’ve already dealt away every one of their next five second-round picks. Like I said: They’re all-in."

2.7 million is a ton, Dom McGuire anyone? I'm not so much worried about his last two lines. Not having picks isn't the end of the world. LaGruber has shown willingness to "buy into" the draft. Although our last pick Nedo, hasn't produced yet, I can see us going out in next years draft and getting something good out of it aswell.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The only downside: adding $1.7 million to this season’s payroll. But they’re still about $2.7 million under the tax, in case a minimum-salary sort of thing comes up, and they control Crawford’s restricted free agency this summer. Brooks is a flyer who can’t defend and likely won’t play much. Miami’s participation allowed Golden State to do the deal without giving up a pick — good thing, since they’re already out two first-rounders to Utah, and they’ve already dealt away every one of their next five second-round picks. Like I said: They’re all-in."

2.7 million is a ton, Dom McGuire anyone? I'm not so much worried about his last two lines. Not having picks isn't the end of the world. LaGruber has shown willingness to "buy into" the draft. Although our last pick Nedo, hasn't produced yet, I can see us going out in next years draft and getting something good out of it aswell.

I don't think much will arise from any trade opportunities, but one guy I would keep my eye out on is Bobby Brown, who's currently playing in China. Once his contract is up he's going to have a lot of suitors in the NBA. He's a PG with scoring skills and would be a great addition to the Warriors (also dependent upon Crawford's production).

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With ultra rich owners and a sell out every game, the Warriors can afford the tax. Besides, once a team starts thinking that the bottom line is more important than winning they are doomed to, at best, mediocrity.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to Spears on Fitz and Brooks. and he reminded of me of this tidbit.

(Skip to the 32 second mark)

Anyone who dunks over King James is alright by me.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshon has upside but time is a ticking.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC looked good in his brief stint, wish he got more time since we have a B2B game today 1/18/14 vs NOK.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC still saying the right things, seems like a "Team Guy", which is good. I wonder if its an act, or he is really a stand up guy?

Minutes have been reduced, he has to come off the bench, but he gets play on winner.

Suffer in BOS, or ride the bench on the DUBS, which would you choose?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC still saying the right things, seems like a "Team Guy", which is good. I wonder if its an act, or he is really a stand up guy?

Minutes have been reduced, he has to come off the bench, but he gets play on winner.

Suffer in BOS, or ride the bench on the DUBS, which would you choose?

The answer you would assume. :)