• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Crawford and Marshon Brooks coming

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what MIA is doing with this deal, they should be preparing for the end of the "big 3", Wade is fading, Bosh isn't in prime time player anymore, and Lebron is hedging and is CLE bound possibly?

If you don't reload your team properly, why would anyone want to play there? Just for the MIA lifestyle and to play with Lebron for the league minimum?

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like it. Crawford has played really well as a point guard for Boston this year so I think he will help the bench and give Steph a much needed break.
Brooks I thought was going to be really good so maybe he develops under the Warriors staff.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what MIA is doing with this deal, they should be preparing for the end of the "big 3", Wade is fading, Bosh isn't in prime time player anymore, and Lebron is hedging and is CLE bound possibly?

If you don't reload your team properly, why would anyone want to play there? Just for the MIA lifestyle and to play with Lebron for the league minimum?

Apparently, they save close to $15 million when all is said in done. They know they won't be able to re-load through the draft, so they're looking to stash some cash and jump back into the luxury tax with FA this off-season to try to lure LBJ "back." I think he'll go back to Cleveland, but I've thought that since he left.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't been playing there much, only about 20% of the time by Basketball Ref metrics. 70% of the time at SG and 10% at SF. Your claim of "more than capable of playing the PG position for us" seems like hand waving. I hope you're right, and obviously Myers and Co. know much more than we.

Crawford was responsible for running the Celtics offense and had the ball in his hand the majority of the time. Just like AI may not get any credit for being a "PG" he nonetheless is playing one. He's really a combo guard. He's much more in the mold of a much lower tier Monta, than Rubio. He's learned to play with more self control this year and as such he's been thriving.

Look at the numbers for these two players:

A: 29:43 MPG, 12.9 pts., 5.5 ast, 3.1 rbs, 2 to's.
B: 30:43 MPG, 13.7 pts., 5.7 ast, 3.1 rbs, 2 to's.

Player A was Jarrett Jack last season for the Warriors. Player B is...you guessed it, Jordan Crawford this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's dishing out 5.7 assists per game. If his minutes are equalized with Curry's, that puts him at around 7 assists a game for equivalent minutes played which is pretty impressive actually. I haven't seem him play this year, but he's obviously focused on being more of play maker and facilitator. Considering his limited resources, I think Myers has +done a great job with this trade.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this trade, but I don't think we are done yet.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6.7 assists per 36

I like this deal, but lets not go "overboard"

Crawford just came from a team this is currently 13-26 in a very weak Eastern conference.

I'd hope he can be an efficient player at 15-20 minutes a night. If he can do that, Steph will get his rest, and its a winner winner chicken dinner scenario for all

:laugh3:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this deal, but lets not go "overboard"

Crawford just came from a team this is currently 13-26 in a very weak Eastern conference.

I'd hope he can be an efficient player at 15-20 minutes a night. If he can do that, Steph will get his rest, and its a winner winner chicken dinner scenario for all

:laugh3:

Lol telling the truth is not getting ahead of myself he will be a nice player for 15-20 min great add. He also brings an edge and can score

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douglas was involved in the trade. He's gone.

I don't expect Brooks to get time right away. I think with Crawford as another guard who can play both positions, it'll affect Jackson's rotations. I don't believe he will think he has to go 5 in 5 out, to preserve the first unit and their production anymore. I would think they'll end up using a 9 man rotation, with Green, Barnes, Crawford and Speights/O'Neal off the bench.

To Miami. I believe

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

- Boston Celtics have traded guards Jordan Crawford and MarShon Brooks to the Golden State Warriors
- Warriors will send guard Toney Douglas to the Miami Heat, and Miami sends center Joel Anthony and a future first-round pick and second-round pick to the Celtics
- Miami will send a first-round pick it owns from the Philadelphia 76ers to the Celtics, but that pick becomes two second-round picks should the Sixers miss the playoffs in 2013-14 and 2014-15

Boston did pretty well. A first and a second for those two guys that GS got? Wow!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford was responsible for running the Celtics offense and had the ball in his hand the majority of the time. Just like AI may not get any credit for being a "PG" he nonetheless is playing one. He's really a combo guard. He's much more in the mold of a much lower tier Monta, than Rubio. He's learned to play with more self control this year and as such he's been thriving.

Look at the numbers for these two players:

A: 29:43 MPG, 12.9 pts., 5.5 ast, 3.1 rbs, 2 to's.
B: 30:43 MPG, 13.7 pts., 5.7 ast, 3.1 rbs, 2 to's.

Player A was Jarrett Jack last season for the Warriors. Player B is...you guessed it, Jordan Crawford this year.

Don't worry about tweezil. He is a Concern Troll.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know why Brooks has played in only 10 games this season?

It's got to be at least partially because Avery Bradley has played fill-in PG much better this season than he did last.

Avery's still no Rondo but no one that I know ever expected that.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personal thoughts on the the trade.

J. Crawford seems to be more of a "scorer" vs a shooter. 13.7 pts, 41% FG, 31% 3pt %, 5.7 dimes to 2.2 TO's a game. (not the best A:TO ratio, but it will suffice)

Brooks was a revelation in the 11-12 year, I believe he never got a chance to develop in NJ, he looked good on that team. He never got the run he deserved after being traded to BOS. Can't develop young kids when you have the "Big 4 Rondo/KG/PP/Jesus Shuttlesworth" trying to go deep in the playoffs.

Best part of these deals? We dumped TD which basically was given us nothing for one year rental for JC , and Brooks who is on his rookie deal for this year and next.

Myers for GM of the year?

Folks who think this isn't going to help Steph, need to look at the bigger picture. When Steph goes to the bench, we have Iguodala/JC/Brooks/Baze/Nedo now to handle the point. I believe this will help reduce Stephs minutes.

Biggest question is how long it will take the new peeps to fit in. Dubs have a game tonight, I don't think either will suit up, but then then hit the road.

1. Iggy is a decent ballhandler, but will be playing most of the time WITH Steph.
2. Craw isn't a PG, not sure if he can spell Steph (we'll see).
3. Brooks will likely end up in Santa Cruz, not in Oakland.
4. Bazemore is a disaster at PG.
5. Nedo isn't much better.

The Warriors still don’t have a back-up floor general. No one on the Warriors’ bench is capable of creating his own shot on a consistent basis. They need a structured offense (or fast break) to get them open. The back-up point guard needs to be capable of orchestrating the offense to get the most out of the other bench players. I don’t think that Crawford will be great at running the offense, although he’ll be an improvement over Douglas and may be as good as Jack was last year at running the team. A player like Lowry (who the Warriors reportedly passed on) or Hinrich (who has been rumored to be available) might have been a more complete, albeit more expensive, option for the bench.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people say hinrich who I would of liked to have would be a better option than Crawford? I just don't understand he has more assists per 36

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main problem with guys like Lowry and Hinrich was that the Warriors really have no tradeable assets that would have enticed the Raptors or Bulls to part with either of those players. The Warriors best assets were their expiring contracts and trade exceptions(no more picks either). Both Lowry and Hinrich are on one year deals so there wasn't any incentive other than basic cap relief. That's why Hinrich was such a plausible option because the Bulls were over the luxury tax. Once they got out of it after trading Deng, there became less incentive to simply dump Hinrich's contract.

I don't really believe Lowry was an option, despite the reports. The Raptors have stated they would like to resign him and he's been having an incredible year after the Rudy Gay trade. If they were to trade Lowry, there are much, much better deals for them to be had on the open market. Getting one over on Ujiri is next to impossible.

There are multiple benefits to the moves of adding Crawford and Brooks.

1) The Warriors avoid the luxury tax. I have no doubts Lacob would be willing to go into the tax to get a piece that would put us over the top but like I said previously, Lowry and Hinrich would likely not be moved for expirings. With looming extensions coming up for Klay and HB, and also contract increases for both Bogut and Lee, the tax is right around the corner.

2) The Warriors hold Crawford's restricted free agency rights. If the Warriors elect not to resign him, the Warriors could facilitate any number of sign and trade options to get themselves additional trade exceptions and/or picks.

3) Both Brooks and Crawford contracts are up and it doesn't affect the Warriors ability to extend Klay or HB in the future.