• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jonathan Rose kicked off team

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Jack_John_Mark is just as knowledgeable, if not more, than the majority of us about Nebraska football..

Most of us on here have to dumb down our conversations about Husker football around our friends and random people just to keep things from getting awkward. Like we don't want to constantly be correcting people or making them feel stupid. We're Husker football junkies. That's why we're all here.

Appreciate that.

I've had a rough year. Been busy as shit this season. I was certain Rose was junior. I just lost track.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate that.

I've had a rough year. Been busy as shit this season. I was certain Rose was junior. I just lost track.

No one should fault you for not knowing Rose's eligibility. He's basically been a nobody and nothing but trouble his whole career

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude never lived up to the hype best of luck weed isn't everything bro especially with a chance in the nfl slim but still a chance

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate that.

Good year to stay busy too lol. Being fully emotionally invested in Nebraska FB gets exhausting.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good year to stay busy too lol. Being fully emotionally invested in Nebraska FB gets exhausting.

Yea I was still really invested on the weekends.

Looking back the weekdays seem like a blur to me. I used to sit on here until 3 in the morning every single night just researching Huskers and drinking whiskey.

I hate my job. I need to get a job that allows me to do that again.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I was still really invested on the weekends.

Looking back the weekdays seem like a blur to me. I used to sit on here until 3 in the morning every single night just researching Huskers and drinking whiskey.

I hate my job. I need to get a job that allows me to do that again.

You hear what Armstrong said about his convo with coach Langs? The main thing I took away from it is that he is scared to death he's gonna lose his job.

Obviously the other thing I took is that he wants to appear to be a leader by taking full accountability for his decisions, but I don't buy it. I think he thinks he's Jameis Winston, and tries to be, but just doesn't have "it"

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hear what Armstrong said about his convo with coach Langs? The main thing I took away from it is that he is scared to death he's gonna lose his job.

No I didn't. What did he say?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I haven't even watched a single press conference this season.

Unreal to think about.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didn't. What did he say?

Armstrong welcomes heavy coaching after 'reality check' season : Latest Husker News

Treat me like a freshman.

That was a request senior-to-be Tommy Armstrong had of Danny Langsdorf in a recent meeting between the two that, as described by the quarterback, seemed well-received by both parties.

"Like I told Coach Langs, I want to be treated like I'm a freshman … just being able to criticize me and me being able to accept it," Armstrong told reporters after Friday's bowl practice.

He expounded more on that idea, explaining he wants to start fresh: from working on his mechanics, to analyzing coverages, to how he takes the teachings of his offensive coordinator.

"They treat me like I'm a veteran, but there's some aspects of the game where I'm not a veteran in, like decision-making and forcing balls and things like that," said Nebraska's quarterback. "So that's where it comes from, being able to treat me like I just got here. Like he's my coach for the first time and making sure that he holds me accountable for every mistake I make."

While the words of a Husker quarterback are always put under a microscope and then interpreted 1,000 different ways, Armstrong came off as genuinely humbled more than anything.

He admitted it's been "a roller-coaster ride" this season. A reality check.

"At the end of the day, you need to realize when you need to change certain things, and that's what I've been working on," he said.

He's talked to his family. He's talked to family friend Brett Favre once or twice a week. He's come to the understanding only he can be his toughest critic.

"It's me against myself. I can only improve if I let myself improve," Armstrong said. "I can talk a lot about it and not do anything about it, or I can accept the criticism that my coaches give me and put in extra time and extra work with those guys in the video room."

He's met with teammates. A week or so after throwing four interceptions in a 28-20 loss to Iowa, Armstrong gathered offensive players for a meeting to tell them that loss was on him. He had to make better decisions, watch more film.

This meeting with Langsdorf came around the same time. About 10 days ago, the quarterback said. As for how the coach reacted to the quarterback's idea of being coached like a new arrival? "He was actually kind of excited about me saying that."

Armstrong admitted there were times this year he could have handled tough situations better as a team leader and not let frustrations get the better of him.

A lot of work is ahead. And more competition is arriving Jan. 7, when incoming freshman quarterback Patrick O'Brien makes it to town.

"I've been competing since I've got here for it," Armstrong said. "Like I've said before, every job's open. It's just the guy that works hard enough for it."

Husker head coach Mike Riley said Armstrong has been energetic and had a "real good" attitude to learn and play since the Iowa game.

"We got to help the decision-making process as coaches, and be very, very defined as to what we want to do progressionwise. Just have some very solid thoughts about that," Riley said.

The coach brings up a fourth-quarter throw across the middle by Armstrong against Iowa. A linebacker sitting in a zone defense, handed a mistake on a platter. Those are the choices coaches have to help him on, Riley believes. "That's on all of us, right?"

He likes Armstrong's eagerness. That's a start.

Riley said he has "great stories" about quarterbacks who have made significant leaps in their final season. Matt Moore, a QB he had at Oregon State, threw 19 picks his junior year. He threw seven his senior year.

"So I've seen those things happen, but it doesn't just happen because you're playing another year," Riley said. "You have to be invested. You have to study. And I think Tommy has those kind of characteristics to give himself a chance to make a turnaround."

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's scared of POB

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things Tommy needs to change is his outlook of Nebraska football in general.

It's not "us against the world."

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I translate his words as being "I wasn't coached". He's begging to be coached.

Will POB be coached?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things Tommy needs to change is his outlook of Nebraska football in general.

It's not "us against the world."

Mike Riley has, by all accounts, embraced the microscope. Bo wanted to take said microscope and smash it with a hammer.

There's just a culture change that needs to happen and Tommy is a Bo disciple.

There has just been this "hired gun", "mercenary" mentality in the program under Bo, and it can't be that way. The players have to understand we want what they want, and just because a few people take shots at them in the media and on social media doesn't mean the whole state is against them. It's the exact opposite, and it's only self sabotage when they take on an "us against the world" mentality.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I translate his words as being "I wasn't coached". He's begging to be coached.

Will POB be coached?

It was "I wasn't accepting coaching". That's how I took it.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RA save me that. Please. They coached the living shit out of him. Either he didn't fully embrace the coaching, or he just plain doesn't have good football IQ. Like Riley said in the piece, he's seen a huge jump from his signal callers from their junior to senior seasons.

This is all subjective obviously. I know for a fact Riley has never had a freshman QB come in and light the world on fire, so I doubt that happens unless the kid is just a phenom.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was "I wasn't accepting coaching". That's how I took it.

I looked for that, but didn't find it. That's why I defaulted to my other reasoning in that he was merely coached a playbook. "Here's the football kid, go get 'em".

What part leads you to him not accepting coaching, or individual technique training for that matter?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley's best QB's have been seniors. Big shock
I looked for that, but didn't find it. That's why I defaulted to my other reasoning in that he was merely coached a playbook. "Here's the football kid, go get 'em".

What part leads you to him not accepting coaching?

Armstrong and the coaches took blame equally in the piece.

A quarterback who wasn't recruited by the staff learning a pro style system coming from a run based spread system.

I just don't see how you can say he wasn't being coached well enough when he had his best statistical passing season by far. I don't have to look up the stats.

If we had a senior QB who'd been in Riley's system for four years, who he recruited, would be in the heisman discussion right now. I can say that with zero doubt.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questioning the ability to coach QB's is just about the last thing we need to be doing with this staff.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Boyd, the godfather of S&C pointed out after his sliding scale physical evaluation of our FB team, stated that the offensive line is well below the talent level of what is needed to compete at a high level. He specifically pointed out that the WR and RB units as a whole are near NFL ready. Wouldn't name names.

Said the VB team had more athletes test higher than there were on the entire FB team.

Interesting that they are playing in the national championship.