• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Johnny Manziel

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you see him getting a second chance in the NFL? It seems like he's maintaining sobriety and is reportedly working hard to get a shot?

I actually really was not a fan of Manziel in college, but then all of those details and photos came out with him looking half dead. He goes missing and his father comes out to say he thinks he might not see his next birthday. At a certain point, I just felt sorry for the guy. Yeah, he's extremely immature, but he had a serious problem. I think it would actually be a cool story if he came back and had a decent career for himself. He'll never be a star like he was in college, but I could see him being serviceable for somebody.

IMO, he f'd up, but I don't think he should be sentenced to football death for being young and living a little too fast. Maybe I'm just empathetic because I've had similar struggles with alcohol. The problem is that he's such a spectacle, and nobody wants to take that on over a QB who wasn't even good when he was on the field.

He made his own bed, and now he's laying in it... and rightfully so. However, I am kind of pulling for him now. You don't want to see anyone wind up like Ryan Leaf.
i think he SHOULD go to the cfl. guys with his diminutive size and skill set have flourished on those big ass fields. it got doug flutie back into the nfl. go north, play your ass off, and see what happens.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the people who hate him off the field and like him on the field. Ass backwards.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the people who hate him off the field and like him on the field. Ass backwards.

Who does? I don't know if I've ever heard anyone say that.

Also, how is it "backwards"? Should people like his year long cocaine/alcohol bender, but hate his QB play? How is that more logical? If you had to choose... I would think that it would be more logical to like a Heisman winning QB, than to like a fall down drunk. No?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who does? I don't know if I've ever heard anyone say that.

Also, how is it "backwards"? Should people like his year long cocaine/alcohol bender, but hate his QB play? How is that more logical? If you had to choose... I would think that it would be more logical to like a Heisman winning QB, than to like a fall down drunk. No?

For the NFL, his skillset was a joke. Much better at partying and that's what he chose.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance.......Dallas could have already signed him if they wanted him, there's basically only two QBs on the roster right now.

He has no place in Dallas, I don't know why people still make up these rumors.
Kellen moore is like having another coach on the field for dak. Maybe manziel goes to CFL and comes back and pulls a flutie? Who exactly was he throwING the ball to in cleveland? I think he has talent but he was more into getting high than playing football. Serious lack of dedication

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not before Kaepernick, who did nothing illegal.
Some blame needs to go to the Nineers and NFL for allowing kap to make a political statement on the job. Kap pissed off a large portion of the NFL fan base last season and most GMS think kap was an embarassment

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some blame needs to go to the Nineers and NFL for allowing kap to make a political statement on the job. Kap pissed off a large portion of the NFL fan base last season and most GMS think kap was an embarassment
The Niners and NFL were in a no win situation. They allowed it to happen and took a beating, had they stepped in and stopped it they'd have taken a national beating from different GROUPS of people. I'm betting the NFL figured had they stepped in the outcry would have been louder and much more constant.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kellen moore is like having another coach on the field for dak. Maybe manziel goes to CFL and comes back and pulls a flutie? Who exactly was he throwING the ball to in cleveland? I think he has talent but he was more into getting high than playing football. Serious lack of dedication

yeah he doesn't have the work ethic to ever be successful even in the CFL.

WRs don't make QBs, QBs make WRs......Manziel doesn't ANTICIPATE his throws.......he throws AFTER a WR has made his break, not before....which limits his effectiveness. He doesn't throw the out knowing the WR is going to break and catch it, he waits until the guy is open, which is a huge flaw in his game. He also doesn't bother reading coverages and defenses......I've never, on any level, seen him hit a hot route off a read of a blitz.

Manziel simply does not have NFL talent

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners and NFL were in a no win situation. They allowed it to happen and took a beating, had they stepped in and stopped it they'd have taken a national beating from different GROUPS of people. I'm betting the NFL figured had they stepped in the outcry would have been louder and much more constant.
Very true.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah he doesn't have the work ethic to ever be successful even in the CFL.

WRs don't make QBs, QBs make WRs......Manziel doesn't ANTICIPATE his throws.......he throws AFTER a WR has made his break, not before....which limits his effectiveness. He doesn't throw the out knowing the WR is going to break and catch it, he waits until the guy is open, which is a huge flaw in his game. He also doesn't bother reading coverages and defenses......I've never, on any level, seen him hit a hot route off a read of a blitz.

Manziel simply does not have NFL talent
...or CFL talent.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makin a mockery of it... Not sure what this is from, but this is wild