• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Johnny Manziel

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you see him getting a second chance in the NFL? It seems like he's maintaining sobriety and is reportedly working hard to get a shot?

I actually really was not a fan of Manziel in college, but then all of those details and photos came out with him looking half dead. He goes missing and his father comes out to say he thinks he might not see his next birthday. At a certain point, I just felt sorry for the guy. Yeah, he's extremely immature, but he had a serious problem. I think it would actually be a cool story if he came back and had a decent career for himself. He'll never be a star like he was in college, but I could see him being serviceable for somebody.

IMO, he f'd up, but I don't think he should be sentenced to football death for being young and living a little too fast. Maybe I'm just empathetic because I've had similar struggles with alcohol. The problem is that he's such a spectacle, and nobody wants to take that on over a QB who wasn't even good when he was on the field.

He made his own bed, and now he's laying in it... and rightfully so. However, I am kind of pulling for him now. You don't want to see anyone wind up like Ryan Leaf.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a team think he can either help them win or sell tickets, he'll get a shot. I think his ticket selling days are over unless he can prove himself on the field. If he wants another shot he needs to impress a coach and GM in a workout or go north to the CFL.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a team think he can either help them win or sell tickets, he'll get a shot. I think his ticket selling days are over unless he can prove himself on the field. If he wants another shot he needs to impress a coach and GM in a workout or go north to the CFL.

Yeah, it seems like his road back to the NFL may have to go through Canada. Someone up there will take him to sell tickets, and if he can impress during his time there and stay out of trouble. I think someone may give him a shot in the NFL again.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it seems like his road back to the NFL may have to go through Canada. Someone up there will take him to sell tickets, and if he can impress during his time there and stay out of trouble. I think someone may give him a shot in the NFL again.

Hard to say, but it don't look promising for him mostly because he didn't play well when he had the chance and got himself kicked out of the league.....His only defense is that it was the Browns and no one wants to play there, especially a rookie qb....But I agree with Manny, CFL bound !!!!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say, but it don't look promising for him mostly because he didn't play well when he had the chance and got himself kicked out of the league.....His only defense is that it was the Browns and no one wants to play there, especially a rookie qb....But I agree with Manny, CFL bound !!!!

He had a couple solid games for the Browns in 2015. He certainly wasn't great, but he was intriguing enough that I'd be willing to throw him a camp contract and see if he can win a backup gig.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid has no future. If somehow another team of any league picks him up he will fuck that up as well. Sad really.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's like the evil version of Tim Tebow.

Bunch of hullabaloo, but not much of substance.

I would imagine most teams don't like the trade-off. Media frenzy...average player.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a couple solid games for the Browns in 2015. He certainly wasn't great, but he was intriguing enough that I'd be willing to throw him a camp contract and see if he can win a backup gig.
He needs to prove he's worth the haedache, teams don't keep headaches as backups.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's like the evil version of Tim Tebow.

Bunch of hullabaloo, but not much of substance.

I would imagine most teams don't like the trade-off. Media frenzy...average player.

Yeah, very similar to the hole Kaep dug himself, just for different reasons. Kaep is an okay QB, but with a side show like his, you better be damn good to stay employed.

IMO, Tebow got more than enough chances... Denver, NYJ, NE and Philly. He was complete trash at every stop, I don't think the side show was the reason his career ended. People seemed to like him as a guy, and were willing to give him chances. Hell... even a baseball team signed him. lol

I think it's possible that Manziel's bad rep around the league goes even deeper than simply being a "party boy". I think there's a good chance that he behaved like a real prick during his time in Cleveland.

If you're going to be an asshole, you'd better be good. Being a "good guy" goes far in life sometimes.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid has no future. If somehow another team of any league picks him up he will fuck that up as well. Sad really.

I don't know... you can't really say for certain that he'd fuck it up, just because he did in Cleveland. However, I hear what you're saying.

I kind of hope for his sake that he just finds a way to have at least a little bit of a career. I honestly don't know what you do after you're done being "Johnny Football" and you drank your way out of the NFL at the age of 24 or whatever. I guess you can go coach HS football like Ryan Leaf (just don't break-in to your players houses). However, it's not like I envision him going and getting a regular "job". Even if he did, he'd probably drink himself to death without the motivation of football.

If he doesn't make it back into football, it doesn't look very bright for him.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel is simply not a pro QB.

I said this when he was in college, and of course was called a hater.......but he can't make NFL throws. NOBODY ON EARTH has ever seen him hit a quick out. He can't make that throw.

His major flaw is his inability to read a defense and throw a WR open. A player has to be WIIIIIIIIIIDE open for him to throw to, he doesn't anticipate the route and put the ball up before the player makes his break. This makes it extremely easy to defend the pass against him. He's never going to be able to light up your secondary no matter how bad it is.

He was extremely overrated in college, and worthless in the NFL. He doesn't have the work ethic necessary to improve on his flaws, I doubt he really even understands what they are.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the CFL is his answer.

Go there and tear the league up and the NFL will give him another shot.

Manziel is at a point where he has to prove he deserves a second chance.

The CFL is really the only place he will get a legitimate opportunity to do that.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not before Kaepernick, who did nothing illegal.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys seems like the last stand here for JF…might even be a bonanza if he is careful.

No chance.......Dallas could have already signed him if they wanted him, there's basically only two QBs on the roster right now.

He has no place in Dallas, I don't know why people still make up these rumors.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not before Kaepernick, who did nothing illegal.

Neither did Cutler, and he's still unemployed as well. Neither did Chris Kluwe and he never worked again after Minnesota.

Nothing that Kaep did was illegal, but as mentioned in the thread, people only put up with side shows if you're really good. If you don't think starting a nationwide movement of kneeling for the anthem and praising Fidel Castro is a distraction, I don't know what to tell ya...

Generally speaking, football culture does not lend itself to one guy becoming a bigger phenomenon than the team. Colin Kaepernick was undoubtedly one of the top stories of 2016, in all of sports. Far bigger than the 49ers, and with many people, bigger than the league all together. There were people who don't give two shits about NFL football talking about Kaep all season long.

It's a more complex issue than some want to make it. Most of these people saying it's over "racism" are people that don't know the ins-and-outs of the sport and the only reason they know Kaep is over the the anthem thing. So, they figure that MUST be the reason. The reality is, that it is the combination of the distraction and the fact that he's just not an overly desireable player right now. He's fine, but he's not going to help turn a struggling franchise around on his own merit. People also need to realize that HE chose to opt out of his contract.