• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Wall to the Phoenix Suns?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing how badly Washington is struggling + Wall's poor body language and how desperate Rob Sarver is to add a star... I have a bad feeling this is going to happen at some point this year.

I don't mind Wall's fit in Phoenix in the short term, because I'm sick of losing and the PG's we have are ass... but his contract is insane and would screw us in the long run.

This works on trade machine:

PHX: John Wall

WSH: Josh Jackson, DeAnthony Melton, Tyson Chandler's expiring contract, PHX 2019 1st round pick (top 5 protected in 19', top 3 protected in 20', unprotected in 21'), 2020 2nd round pick

Wizards get a couple young pieces in Jackson and Melton for the future, plus a valuable pick and clear cap space... Suns clear the wing log jam, get better immediately at PG and as a team... I don't want it to happen but I have a strange feeling it makes too much sense not to happen with how both of these teams have started the season. So that's my bold prediction for PHX.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing how badly Washington is struggling + Wall's poor body language and how desperate Rob Sarver is to add a star... I have a bad feeling this is going to happen at some point this year.

I don't mind Wall's fit in Phoenix in the short term, because I'm sick of losing and the PG's we have are ass... but his contract is insane and would screw us in the long run.

This works on trade machine:

PHX: John Wall

WSH: Josh Jackson, DeAnthony Melton, Tyson Chandler's expiring contract, PHX 2019 1st round pick (top 5 protected in 19', top 3 protected in 20', unprotected in 21'), 2020 2nd round pick

Wizards get a couple young pieces in Jackson and Melton for the future, plus a valuable pick and clear cap space... Suns clear the wing log jam, get better immediately at PG and as a team... I don't want it to happen but I have a strange feeling it makes too much sense not to happen with how both of these teams have started the season. So that's my bold prediction for PHX.

I think it would be a fair trade. And I would gladly take it as a wizard fan.

Also, while Wall isn't a bargain contract wise, he is absolutely capable of playing to its value if his head is on straight and he can stay healthy. Big ifs, but certainly possible with a change of scenery and a good medical staff.

A core of Wall + Booker + Ayton with Ariza, Warren, Bridges and some of the other pieces they have should put them in immediate playoff contention and would make them a Minnesota TWolve level future threat.

It might work beautifully, or it could ruin the rebuild all together. Could go either way.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

It is looking like about right time for Washington to blow the whole thing up.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing for the Wizards rt now might be for them to keep the same lineup & suck for the rest of the season. That would then make it obvious that they need to finally get rid of Grunfeld (& also likely Brooks).

Any turnarounds or blockbuster trades may fuel the thought process that the Grunfeld needs a little more time to get it rt (as if 15 years is not enough). IMO Brooks is also a liability at this time. Jeez can you just get your players to stop shooting so damn many 3 pointers when thus far they have shown that they are terrible in this area. Oh well - very likely they will do all of the wrong things moving fwd.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be a fair trade. And I would gladly take it as a wizard fan.

Also, while Wall isn't a bargain contract wise, he is absolutely capable of playing to its value if his head is on straight and he can stay healthy. Big ifs, but certainly possible with a change of scenery and a good medical staff.

A core of Wall + Booker + Ayton with Ariza, Warren, Bridges and some of the other pieces they have should put them in immediate playoff contention and would make them a Minnesota TWolve level future threat.

It might work beautifully, or it could ruin the rebuild all together. Could go either way.
Josh Jackson and a late lotto pick for Wall?

talk about 5 cents on the dollar....geez....is it THAT bad in Washington? Protections on the pick? yikes. You gotta do better than that.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take that haul for Porter, not John Wall.

He is a petulant locker room cancer.

But, he is a talented Locker room cancer.

The Wiz could get more.

Plus, he was jealous of Beal.

Putting him with Booker, on BOOKER'S team, would be a disaster.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take that haul for Porter, not John Wall.

He is a petulant locker room cancer.

But, he is a talented Locker room cancer.

The Wiz could get more.

Plus, he was jealous of Beal.

Putting him with Booker, on BOOKER'S team, would be a disaster.

Not sure if Wall is a cancer or not - that is all speculation for the most part. IMO the Wizards real issue is not Wall or Beal - they are fine. It is the surrounding parts & the need for a truly elite 3rd player or just better, consistent supporting players.

Wall typically does a great job involving others in the game - the rest falls on them. If he perhaps rides them a bit on the court or in the locker room - so what - grow a pair. Wall is not their issue & would likely do well with any other team. I am guessing that Booker would be thrilled to be paired w/ Wall - fellow Kentucky players who both just want to win.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall has more value than Jimmy Butler- and the Twolves just got offered 4 first rounders for Butler- and Butler is on an expiring contract.

If the Wiz move Wall they NEED to get back some big time assets.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if Wall is a cancer or not - that is all speculation for the most part. IMO the Wizards real issue is not Wall or Beal - they are fine. It is the surrounding parts & the need for a truly elite 3rd player or just better, consistent supporting players.

Wall typically does a great job involving others in the game - the rest falls on them. If he perhaps rides them a bit on the court or in the locker room - so what - grow a pair. Wall is not their issue & would likely do well with any other team. I am guessing that Booker would be thrilled to be paired w/ Wall - fellow Kentucky players who both just want to win.
Cancer, Malcontent.....both apply.

He is constantly feuding with teammates, including Beal.

He is constantly counting other Dude's money out of petty jealousy.

After looking at his situation a bit more closely, I agree with @tlance .

Jackson and a pick is a win for a talented problem child shooting 21 % from 3 this Season, yet he keeps launching.

If that isn't enough to turn your stomach, how about the fact that he will make 38 million next year, 41 mil the year after and 44 mil the one after that?

Fuck that.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall has more value than Jimmy Butler- and the Twolves just got offered 4 first rounders for Butler- and Butler is on an expiring contract.

Real talk, Wiggy.

Would you pay John 40 million a year?

This is who he is, he's not going to improve much more.

No.

I'd pay Jimmy over Wall. But, I wouldn't want either as my #1.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t want Wall. No jumpshot and questionable attitude.

Beal is easily the more attractive asset. Obviously not for the Suns but in general.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real talk, Wiggy.

No.

I agree.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Jackson and a late lotto pick for Wall?

talk about 5 cents on the dollar....geez....is it THAT bad in Washington? Protections on the pick? yikes. You gotta do better than that.

Take away the protections, then great.

But I think you are overestimating Wall's trade value. Because he isn't a superstar, yet he is on a superstar contract.

Also, I am not trading Wall unless I am also trading Beal and Porter. Tear it all down. Return future assets and young prospects on rookie deals for the first two, take a bad contract and a first for Porter.

What also needs to be factored into all this maneuvering is that the Wizards pick would be top 5 for the next 2 years almost for sure.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That contract disagrees

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real talk, Wiggy.

No.

How about trading two malcontents: Wall for Butler straight up works!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about trading two malcontents: Wall for Butler straight up works!

I would hate that.

Deal Porter + something and I would be okay.

If they trade Wall they need to go all the way and tear it down. Butler would not allow that to happen.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t want Wall. No jumpshot and questionable attitude.

Beal is easily the more attractive asset. Obviously not for the Suns but in general.

I agree. Don't like his fit next to Booker either, they're both ball dominant... wouldn't end well. This would be such a Suns thing to do though.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd ask the Grizzlies if they wanted to trade Conley for Wall and hope they fall for it.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would be a .500 team with this trade and it would give the Suns fans hope after losing for as long as they have.