• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Fox and Denver Part ways... Call HIM!!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I saw the Elway interview from yesterday after work, thought it was funny as hell that he started off the press conference by saying..."I'd like to thank John Elway".

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still coordinators from the top 4 teams in football. Last guy from Indy is doing pretty good.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I think the longer there's no news, the more likely Quinn becomes. If you hear an announcement that they are about to release the name soon, it wouldn't bode well for him.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could honestly say who I wanted as coach. I don't know enough about any of em'.

And neither doe anyone else on here............

we can all say who we hope for,but if you don`t have the talent,you won`t win.

How great was Lombardi after he left the Packers and went to Washington?
How great was Ditkas after he left Chicago?
How about Parcells after he left the Giants?

and the list goes on.

No talent =s no wins.

Plain and simple.

I`ve always wondered how great Phil Jackson would be if he had to coach the worst team in the NBA.I wonder where he`d be without Jordan/Pippen and Shaq/Kobe led teams........Makes you wonder.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears NEW HEAD COACH... John Fox!!! I added to this thread just to bump it up the board- Thanks for idea Anotheridiot!! Nice Quote tag! Ha.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited This is why:

The Bears Never DO this. They just don't.
We now have a guy that was coaching in the playoffs just 6 days ago. 6 days.

If I told anyone back in November that On January 15th. The Bears would have fired Trestman, Kromer, Emery AND hired the Head Coach of The Denver Bronco's- You all would have laughed me off the board, wouldn't have believed it. And when thinking about it... would have loved the idea. This is amazing to me. GO Bears!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited This is why:

If I told anyone back in November that On January 15th. The Bears would have fired Trestman, Kromer, Emery AND hired the Head Coach of The Denver Bronco's- You all would have laughed me off the board, wouldn't have believed it. And when thinking about it... would have loved the idea. This is amazing to me. GO Bears!

It is a step in the right direction........:yahoo:

C

cubzzzfanincali

I'm excited This is why:

Why wouldn't we have believed it? I made a post calling for canning Emery in late October. A lot of people dropped off the Trestman bus throughout November, this didn't just crop up suddenly.

The Fox hiring, eh, maybe maybe not. There was a fair amount of rumor in Denver media this year that Fox would get fired if he didn't make the Super Bowl, and lo and behold, that's what happened. I guess making a prediction that he'd wind up on the Bears would have been somewhat ballsy, but not totally out of left field either. I mean if there's a coaching vacancy, could always be anyone.

I'm glad you are happy though Joey. That's sweet. Enjoy and have a beer for me.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fox will be a vast improvement over Trestman and hopefully he will have some success in Chicago.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fox will be a vast improvement over Trestman and hopefully he will have some success in Chicago.
Yes he will be. I got a good feeling on this. I,m starting to get excreted er excited. Tell me again how Trestman is gone.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I don't get it. In the other thread about coaching vs players, you said coaching mostly doesn't matter, citing that coaches only make a 5% difference. Now here, you think it makes a big difference.

Which is it?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it. In the other thread about coaching vs players, you said coaching mostly doesn't matter, citing that coaches only make a 5% difference. Now here, you think it makes a big difference.

Which is it?
No you misunderstood in 2 ways. 1. I said I read a piece saying so. Not my personal opinion. 2. It meant 5% difference in how good or bad a team would play by switching pro coaches. Again not my personal opinion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal opinion would be..... drum roll please...... Up to a 20% difference between pro staffs in the NFL. But really 10% if you took off the 2 best and 2 worst staffs.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noon- I'm just trying to understand this... I think Trestman's staff was the worst in the NFL. We all thought we had enough talent to make it to the playoffs. I think with a better coaching staff the Bears win 9 or 10 games in 2014.

Bills, Miami, Carolina, Saints, and possibly Detroit. Would have given us 10 wins. Even the first game against Green Bay- when we were 3 inches away from going up before half time.
What if we had a better balanced offense? Better coaching and Jay doesn't force as many throws. Defense plays better with a different approach (like in Atlanta it worked great with 3 rookie/2nd year LB's flying all over the place) calling plays that suited the personal instead of continuing to call the same crap and watch WR's be WIDE open or RBs run over people.

I know I'm reaching. Maybe they only have 8-8 talent, but I also agree that they bailed on Trestman- We know Briggs did. We know that Lovie's leftovers didn't buy in from the start- and that dragged down some others.
If Fox can get them to 9-7 next year- and 11 or 12 the year after we will know it's coaching.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, you are only looking at getting John Fox, you are not considering why, after 4 straight west titles, all these playoff appearances, why did Denver just let him walk. That is the elephant in the room. If McCarthy decides to leave the packers, Bellicheck decides to leave the Pats, and both front offices say, fine, you question why.

Trestmans staff? Who did trestman pick for a staff? Emery chose his staff. Emery thought he was the great and all powerful puppet master. LAst year it was just about guaranteed when Tucker was retained that Tucker could be used as a scapegoat for Trestys third year. But instead he lost his locker room and players stopped believing in his way.

Fox has a good record 118-89 in the regular season, only 8-7 in the playoffs, but he got there 15 times. 1 NFC championship in 2003 one AFC championship in 2013.

The bears kinda reached with Pace and his inexperience. At least there is a football guy in the room other than ernie the consultant. I still think Trestman would make a good coordinator on a young roster with an experienced, only adequate quarterback, he needs to learn from his rotating captain deal though. You know there are some rumblings that Fox and Pace have a long personal relationship on some level, which is why PAce went to Denver. True or not, that is something that has me even more excited if they actually like eachother.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, you are only looking at getting John Fox, you are not considering why, after 4 straight west titles, all these playoff appearances, why did Denver just let him walk. That is the elephant in the room. If McCarthy decides to leave the packers, Bellicheck decides to leave the Pats, and both front offices say, fine, you question why.

Trestmans staff? Who did trestman pick for a staff? Emery chose his staff. Emery thought he was the great and all powerful puppet master. LAst year it was just about guaranteed when Tucker was retained that Tucker could be used as a scapegoat for Trestys third year. But instead he lost his locker room and players stopped believing in his way.

Fox has a good record 118-89 in the regular season, only 8-7 in the playoffs, but he got there 15 times. 1 NFC championship in 2003 one AFC championship in 2013.

The bears kinda reached with Pace and his inexperience. At least there is a football guy in the room other than ernie the consultant. I still think Trestman would make a good coordinator on a young roster with an experienced, only adequate quarterback, he needs to learn from his rotating captain deal though. You know there are some rumblings that Fox and Pace have a long personal relationship on some level, which is why PAce went to Denver. True or not, that is something that has me even more excited if they actually like eachother.

In all fairness, John Elway is a colossal assclown.

C

cubzzzfanincali

The Denver media had been hinting that Elway was considering getting rid of Fox after last offseason, mainly because of his inability to make adjustments in games. Supposedly. Fox was a pretty hands-off head coach, mostly letting his coordinators (and Manning) run the details of the show, so to me this never completely made sense. Maybe the complaint was that he should have been telling his coordinators "look, dude, it's time to not try X any more". That would certainly be consistent with what we saw last weekend, where they continued to throw deep a lot (really unsuccessfully) and wound up losing that game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(
Noon- I'm just trying to understand this... I think Trestman's staff was the worst in the NFL. ) ... Yes but seeing a staff that bad is a rare thing. Not a average thing. We had a record breaking bad staff top to bottom. A true anomaly. So you can't use our ex staff as the measuring stick.

Last edited by a moderator: