• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Fox and Denver Part ways... Call HIM!!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver Head Coach John Fox and the Denver Broncos have agreed to part ways.

Yes- I would take him in Chicago this very second. Best resume on open market for Former Head Coaches.
Reports now pouring in... speculation that ryan pace KNEW this would happen.
Connection to Accorsi when He was in NY. Fox was DC, Payton was OC... hmmmm. Accorsi doin work.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver Head Coach John Fox and the Denver Broncos have agreed to part ways.

Yes- I would take him in Chicago this very second. Best resume on open market for Former Head Coaches.
Reports now pouring in... speculation that ryan pace KNEW this would happen.
Connection to Accorsi when He was in NY. Fox was DC, Payton was OC... hmmmm. Accorsi doin work.

Hmmmm.... I like it. He might opt to take a year off though. I wish we could get fox as hc and shanahan as oc, but I doubt shanty wants to be an oc.

C

cubzzzfanincali

No fucking way. And I am not just saying that to be disagreeable with you Joey, literally the first thing I said to my buddies when I heard Fox was fired was "I sure as hope hell we aren't stupid enough to pick him up." You want a terrible game manager, questionable philosophy guy, befuddled by adjustments coach, John Fox is your man. He was given the most talent rich roster in the league, and he squandered it. No fucking way is he the guy.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payaton Manning ran that offense, maybe we should hope he retires and hire Payton as the head coach. Its happening in the NBA

C

cubzzzfanincali

I would love to hire Peyton Manning as our head coach. Isn't happening, but I would totally and completely love that move.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he did so much with the over abundance of talent he had in Denver

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well kept trestman.......worse move they can make is to pick up Fox.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the criticism of fox for what he did in Denver, but I also want to point out that I do not believe any head coach would have been able to beat the colts with the way manning was playing. He looked absolutely awful. The colts were forcing him to hit receivers deep and he couldn't do it. His lack of arm strength and accuracy on his passes (short, medium, and long) reminded me of players like Todd Collins and Jonathon Quinn. I don't fault fox for that loss. I think that loss falls squarely on the shoulders of Manning.

Let's not forget he made it to the Super Bowl last year, but was unfortunate to run into what is looking like a future dynasty.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox would be a huge upgrade. I like him better then the other names I'm hearing. His team never quit on him. Not that I love the guy but but compared to the other names I'm hearing I like him. Toub would be the most interesting guy. Can he do it? Either way it matters not, well end up with some new guy that never been a HC before.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... I'm kinda shocked. I didn't think I'd see this much negative coming from you guys. Maybe I don't know John Fox as well as I thought... This is what I'm seeing.
John Fox was 46-18 in four years as Denver's head coach. #Bears have lost 19 games over the past two seasons.
If you guys want to credit Manning for all those wins, I can't dispute that. He's a HOF QB. But do you credit all Belichecks wins to Brady? All McCarthy's wins to Rodgers?...etc. It goes hand in hand.

In Carolina Fox took over for a 1-15 team in 2001. And went 7-9 in 02 and then 11-5 and a superbowl appearance in 2003. (with Jake Delhomme)

Looking at the current crop of HC candidates that are out there I'm not really sold on any of them. The unknown of rookies is always scary... and what have rookie HC's done for us?

He meets a lot of the criteria that Pace is looking for. Experienced HC, tough, big personality, running the ball and defense. Also has connection to Accorsi- DC of Giants, OC was Sean Payton. Ryan Pace all connected.

People have always complained on this board that the Bears would just do the same old thing- hire the no-name guy- Well this wouldn't be that.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough........no.

Bad health is another reason to consider

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coaching..........

It`ll take you as far as your talent will take you.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a good on on the radio this morning, lets get a guy that couldnt get payton manning to the superbowl to get Jay cutler to the super bowl.

I guess he did it with an average QB in Delhomme......

My only question with Fox is what did he give up as far as control of the offense to Manning and will he be too eager to prove he could have done things better. Never really liked him in Carolina either, maybe getting a super lineup had him over his skiis in denver.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Wow... I'm kinda shocked. I didn't think I'd see this much negative coming from you guys....
People have always complained on this board that the Bears would just do the same old thing- hire the no-name guy- Well this wouldn't be that.

Joey, I am not *everybody*. Most of you guys actually seem to like the idea of Fox, which mystifies me. Speaking for myself, I would MUCH rather take a chance with a "no name guy" than a guy we will not win with. Hiring a coach with name recognition may please fans, but it is an absurd criteria.

The two celebrity coaching names that have been tossed around for the Bears, Shanahan and Fox, I want nothing to do with. Shanahan is simply the wrong fit for this team, and Fox is a doddering fool. I mean, he is a nice guy, fine, and he stayed out of the way of the many egos on that team. To put this in context, this Denver team is so loaded in talent it has Pro Bowlers all over the field...they have 3 of them...JUST COUNTING THE SECONDARY. Comparing Belichick to Fox is just football heresy. Yes, they both have elite QBs, but the comparison ends there.

Sorry. Here's how much I oppose him. I would rather they hired Shanahan, by far. I would even they re-hire Marc Trestman. I don't speak for the board, just myself, so you don't have to attribute "you guys" to preferring Trestman over Fox.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was fired in Charlotte:
02 7-9
03 11-5
04 7-9
05 11-5
06 8-8
07 7-9
08 12-4
09 8-8
10 2-14

That's a combined 73-71. While he had some great years, they were interspersed with horrific years. His Denver years are suspect because of the remarkable talent of Manning. Obviously, the decline in the playoffs this year were seen as partially his fault, or why the request to move on?

Is Fox better than Trestman, no doubt... anotheridiot is probably a better coach than Trestman. I was in Carolina for the Fox years, things didn't go that smoothly down here. I'm not so sure about him, high floor-low ceiling guy.