• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Fox and Denver Part ways... Call HIM!!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people will agree that Broncos had more talent than a 1and done team.

yeah because he played on the offense and defense........

Manning has been actually known as a choke artist.
So it doesn't surprise me he shit the bed...........again!

And Bill Parcells was always a hit with all the teams he coached too.

Its not always the coaching..........And its not always the players.

Yoi have to have a happy medium.

Do you think mike McCarthy would be an outstanding coach here?
BB?
Pete Carrol?

You tell me............

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey, I am not *everybody*. Most of you guys actually seem to like the idea of Fox, which mystifies me. Speaking for myself, I would MUCH rather take a chance with a "no name guy" than a guy we will not win with. Hiring a coach with name recognition may please fans, but it is an absurd criteria.

The two celebrity coaching names that have been tossed around for the Bears, Shanahan and Fox, I want nothing to do with. Shanahan is simply the wrong fit for this team, and Fox is a doddering fool. I mean, he is a nice guy, fine, and he stayed out of the way of the many egos on that team. To put this in context, this Denver team is so loaded in talent it has Pro Bowlers all over the field...they have 3 of them...JUST COUNTING THE SECONDARY. Comparing Belichick to Fox is just football heresy. Yes, they both have elite QBs, but the comparison ends there.

Sorry. Here's how much I oppose him. I would rather they hired Shanahan, by far. I would even they re-hire Marc Trestman. I don't speak for the board, just myself, so you don't have to attribute "you guys" to preferring Trestman over Fox.

I originally thought the one positive in Shanahan would be his relationship with Jay. But you dig into it and Jay and Mike were basically .500 Jay had around a 60 QBR over those three years.

His final year in denver he threw for 4500 yards 25 td 18 int with an 86 qbr. Seems they were onto something right before they were both gone. But if the best they do is .500 I really doubt that is seen as good enough.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah because he played on the offense and defense........

Manning has been actually known as a choke artist.
So it doesn't surprise me he shit the bed...........again!

And Bill Parcells was always a hit with all the teams he coached too.

Its not always the coaching..........And its not always the players.

Yoi have to have a happy medium.

Do you think mike McCarthy would be an outstanding coach here?
BB?
Pete Carrol?

You tell me............

I heard Payton was playing with a torn quad. But over the past two years, when it got cold he went cold. I just never saw that Fox had control of that team, it was payton on offense and talent on defense. He just never seemed hands on

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a good on on the radio this morning, lets get a guy that couldnt get payton manning to the superbowl to get Jay cutler to the super bowl.

I guess he did it with an average QB in Delhomme......

My only question with Fox is what did he give up as far as control of the offense to Manning and will he be too eager to prove he could have done things better. Never really liked him in Carolina either, maybe getting a super lineup had him over his skiis in denver.

Uh… he did get Peyton Manning to the Super Bowl.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good coach for a rebuild and development job. However, one has to question if his in-game coaching ability is good enough to actually win a Super Bowl after his tenure in Carolina and now Denver.

Last edited by a moderator:

Superirish25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems too logical for the Bears to hire him....probably gonna hire Terrell Austin from Lions

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh… he did get Peyton Manning to the Super Bowl.

You can put that honor right next to the participation ribbon Tresty handed out.

I guess everyone else realized winning was implied.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Payton was playing with a torn quad. But over the past two years, when it got cold he went cold. I just never saw that Fox had control of that team, it was payton on offense and talent on defense. He just never seemed hands on

This what I`m saying..........

If you do not have the talent to go with your coach.......You won`t win.....plain and simple.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that Doug Marrone interviewed today… I didn’t know he was on the list of guys the team was looking at.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first reaction to Fox was negative. He hasn't impressed me in his career.

But looking for a few silver linings: I still would prefer a HC that has previous HC experience, and Fox does fill that. Another positive is that Fox is more defensive-minded. If he gets the job, he really needs to bring in a quality OC.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first reaction to Fox was negative. He hasn't impressed me in his career.

But looking for a few silver linings: I still would prefer a HC that has previous HC experience, and Fox does fill that. Another positive is that Fox is more defensive-minded. If he gets the job, he really needs to bring in a quality OC.

The OC being tossed around is Kyle Shannahan.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has decided to go in a different direction.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to really get the feeling we are hiring Fox.

I'm not against it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can put that honor right next to the participation ribbon Tresty handed out.

I guess everyone else realized winning was implied.

Yeah, no… that's impossible to take away from your statement. What the hell?

"But he did get Delhomme to a Super Bowl."

You credited him with getting Delhomme to a Super Bowl and losing, but then with Peyton were supposed to ASSUME you meant the opposite. Despite you never mentioning it?

Yeah, I'll go out on a massive limb, and say you were once again just trying to pull incorrect facts out of your ass to support an argument.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could honestly say who I wanted as coach. I don't know enough about any of em'.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could honestly say who I wanted as coach. I don't know enough about any of em'.

Yeah, there's no #1 clear cut guy for me either. I think you could do worse than Fox. Quinn and Bowles are/were my favorite out of the assistants.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowles was just hired by the Jets. Quinn looks like the favorite in Atlanta, Gase is either back in Denver or 49ers, and Del Rio goes to Oakland. Fox to Chicago.

I still am leery of a first time head coach, but if it was Quinn I could accept that.
Don't want anything to do with Marrone with the way he quit on the Bills and couldn't get his offense to work even with the great, amazing, superior Kyle Orton.

I'm not sure I like Kyle Shanahan as OC in Chicago- but I'll take Fox's previous choices as OC as a general rule that he knows what he's doing with asst. coach hires- FAR more then any coach we have had in recent history. Imagine that- an Asst. Coach with HC job offers at the end of the season... when was the last time that happened?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest comments on Fox are he is going to want some player control. Said he didnt like working with Elway when he was a first time GM.

Pace answered by saying he took the job because he was given full say over player control.

I expected a name coach to want some control and kinda thought Pace never doing it himself would embrace having someone else to blame.