• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Dowd, again

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Dowd says that Pete Rose had sex with underage girls. I hope Dowd never takes a disliking to me. The guy just won't let Pete alone. I don't know exactly what Pete did to the man other than deny the charges against him. But John Dowd is a very bitter man. Its been almost 30 years now. Let it go

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's pushing the slander envelope for sure.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Dowd never got the memo that his job was done once he turned the "Dowd Report" over to Giamatti. Nobody gives a shit about his personal opinions.

Dowd obviously has a "judge, jury, and executioner" complex when it comes to Pete.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever. A journalist with an axe to grind is kind of self serving, isn't it ? He has the medium, and obvioulsy the motivation, regardless of basis in fact, he gets paid to write. Maybe that's the issue- Rose may have insulted him in some way. Maybe it's just Dowd's belief that what he says is important. It is, to him, and his employer, no doubt....just not that important to me. I do have a problem with MLB feigning ethics against Rose or others, knowing they looked the other way for 2 decades while PED's changed the scale baseball weighed HOF credentials for a century. It's a scar that will never heal.