• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon Off My Board Now

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shouldn't judge a guy for what he did as a teen . He made a mistake he paid for it time to move on

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on 980 this morning that an anonymous NFL gm has Mixon rated as the top overall player in the draft. Not running back, player. It will be interesting to see where and when he goes.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on 980 this morning that an anonymous NFL gm has Mixon rated as the top overall player in the draft. Not running back, player. It will be interesting to see where and when he goes.

Well, that is one helluva evaluation, I've been saying that he is top ten (didn't want to go top five) talent for a very long time now. There was an interesting thing that came out of that presser with Campbell, where he stated that our team base their evaluation on the player (talent) first and foremost and character issues come much later in that process. I agree it's going to be interesting where he goes in this draft and would be surprisingly impressed if it was at #17.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that is one helluva evaluation, I've been saying that he is top ten (didn't want to go top five) talent for a very long time now. There was an interesting thing that came out of that presser with Campbell, where he stated that our team base their evaluation on the player (talent) first and foremost and character issues come much later in that process. I agree it's going to be interesting where he goes in this draft and would be surprisingly impressed if it was at #17.

We getting close to the draft. I actually think Mixon MIGHT be a top five talent. So getting him at 17 would fit on the value on the field part, but he must renounce his slapahoe ways or it could go badly. And considering we have seen a small rash of diluted samples, and more than a couple of other character issues coming up.... We could do worse.

But Im still saying if Cook and Mixon are on the board at 17, and we are going to go RB.... IM leaning towards Cook.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We getting close to the draft. I actually think Mixon MIGHT be a top five talent. So getting him at 17 would fit on the value on the field part, but he must renounce his slapahoe ways or it could go badly. And considering we have seen a small rash of diluted samples, and more than a couple of other character issues coming up.... We could do worse.

But Im still saying if Cook and Mixon are on the board at 17, and we are going to go RB.... IM leaning towards Cook.

That's fair, IMO either way we can't go wrong. As I said in this thread there are teams that solely evaluate on the player/talent. Scott Campbell just said that we are one of those teams, it's going to be interesting to see how much or how little character issues changes those evaluations.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shark, Here's the quote from Scott Campbell;

"Dont grade character, you grade talent. Grade football players as players, then closer to the draft, decide on character" - Campbell

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shark, Here's the quote from @Scott Campbell;

"Dont grade character, you grade talent. Grade football players as players, then closer to the draft, decide on character" - Campbell

OH I saw that, the draft is going to be very interesting.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH I saw that, the draft is going to be very interesting.

You know what? we all could be totally wrong about our wish list because he also said this:

Campbell: "I'm going to take the best player available. If that serves your needs, that's a bonus."

Do you believe him? if so convince me, I'm having a very difficult time believing that "need" will play such an minor role.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what? we all could be totally wrong about our wish list because he also said this:

Campbell: "I'm going to take the best player available. If that serves your needs, that's a bonus."

Do you believe him? if so convince me, I'm having a very difficult time believing that "need" will play such an minor role.

I would say the Bullshit level is high, and getting higher the closer we get to the draft.

Need will be a factor. But then again we need every thing but a punter to some degree.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a combination , need and BPA . We could do worse then mixon

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shark, Here's the quote from Scott Campbell;

This shouldn't be a surprise. You evaluate talent but before it is all over you evaluate character too. I am sure when they have meeting they don't just ask so what can you do on the field? They can see that from tape.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the Bullshit level is high, and getting higher the closer we get to the draft.

Need will be a factor. But then again we need every thing but a punter to some degree.
Yup, BSL is high. And you know that whoever they pick - they'll say he was their highest rated player. Don't believe them. When push comes to shove, most are going to pick the player they think they need at this particular time the most over the BPA.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, BSL is high. And you know that whoever they pick - they'll say he was their highest rated player. Don't believe them. When push comes to shove, most are going to pick the player they think they need at this particular time the most over the BPA.

Some times BPA does actually fill a need. But I think alot of times, teams do go with the BPA at a position of need.

This might be the case for us this year, especially at 17.