• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe McKnight Murdered In Road Rage Shooting

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading the law in Louisiana it appears his defense may ultimately come down to one detail: Was McKnight trying to get into his car?

20. Justifiable homicide When committed by a person lawfully inside a dwelling, a place of business, or a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40) when the conflict began, against a person who is attempting to make an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, or who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, and the person committing the homicide reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the entry or to compel the intruder to leave the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle.”

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading the law in Louisiana it appears his defense may ultimately come down to one detail: Was McKnight trying to get into his car?

20. Justifiable homicide When committed by a person lawfully inside a dwelling, a place of business, or a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40) when the conflict began, against a person who is attempting to make an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, or who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, and the person committing the homicide reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the entry or to compel the intruder to leave the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle.”
Time well tell if it was justifiable, I will say, the man's reaction relates the idea he felt he was in the right. With that being said, this guy has a history of road rage related arrests, should absolutely be taken into account. Also, I know this from personal experience, McKnight loved confrontation. Started multiple brawls with my former high school.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remember the tweet I saw from Keyshawn Johnson Jr. where a witness claimed to have seen McKnight try to walk up and apologize and calm the guy down. Like his last words were him apologizing.

Could be the fake news we've grown so accustomed to.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 years ago he drives in such a way that someone calls in to report his driving, so he chases that person down, gets out of his vehicle where the guy was pumping gas and beats the guy's ass. Now McKnight apparently didn't like his driving and when McKnight approached his vehicle, and instead of idk ... driving away.. calling the cops, he rolls down his window and blows him away.

Obviously we don't know the specific details regarding the confrontation with McKnight, but this other dude sounds like someone the world would definitely be better off without.

I bet this dude celebrated when Zimmerman got off. Probably felt empowered.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time well tell if it was justifiable, I will say, the man's reaction relates the idea he felt he was in the right. With that being said, this guy has a history of road rage related arrests, should absolutely be taken into account. Also, I know this from personal experience, McKnight loved confrontation. Started multiple brawls with my former high school.

I know this is playing devils advocate, but come on.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is playing devils advocate, but come on.
Reports from the scene were falsified, statements were the man approached McKnights car and attacked. Video surveillance shows otherwise. Again, I am not saying, the shooter is innocent by any means, but he voluntarily gave himself up and consented to a police search of his house. Why would any man consent to this unless he is a complete sociopath?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 years ago he drives in such a way that someone calls in to report his driving, so he chases that person down, gets out of his vehicle where the guy was pumping gas and beats the guy's ass. Now McKnight apparently didn't like his driving and when McKnight approached his vehicle, and instead of idk ... driving away.. calling the cops, he rolls down his window and blows him away.

Obviously we don't know the specific details regarding the confrontation with McKnight, but this other dude sounds like someone the world would definitely be better off without.

Where you thinking about sharing Joe McKnight's stellar record as well?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports from the scene were falsified, statements were the man approached McKnights car and attacked. Video surveillance shows otherwise. Again, I am not saying, the shooter is innocent by any means, but he voluntarily gave himself up and consented to a police search of his house. Why would any man consent to this unless he is a complete sociopath?

Haven't ruled this out yet. LOL

Yeah man I don't want to jump to conclusions and jump on the "white man killed another black man" train. But seriously, if you are using a gun in that situation, and you find yourself pulling the trigger, you made so many wrong decisions leading up to that point that manslaughter has to be considered. I don't give a fuck what happened. It's reckless and careless with no regard for human life.

It's inexcusable.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Road rage incidents are avoidable 99 percent of the time.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah man I don't want to jump to conclusions and jump on the "white man killed another black man" train. But seriously, if you are using a gun in that situation, and you find yourself pulling the trigger, you made so many wrong decisions leading up to that point that manslaughter has to be considered. I don't give a fuck what happened. It's reckless and careless with no regard for human life.

It's inexcusable.
In no way is this a manslaughter case. It is second-degree murder. Unless the video showed him attacking the vehicle trying to bust it down, it is second degree.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no way is this a manslaughter case. It is second-degree murder. Unless the video showed him attacking the vehicle trying to bust it down, it is second degree.

Yeah, agreed.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's inexcusable.

Louisiana is an open carry state and also a stand your ground state. Your car is considered a domain, just as your house is.

If you think someone is breaking into your home, just as if you think someone is trying to gain access to your vehicle, you can blow their fucking brains out if you feel threatened with bodily harm.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that is still reallllly bothering me, 3 shots. THREE.

Even if it was a home invasion situation, for me, I would always fire a warning shot.

I don't ever want that on my conscience. I'd go for a dudes leg or something to disable him. Anything but taking a persons life.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this is gettin' moved to the politics board if we're not careful and I don't post over there so lets not go crazy.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it was a home invasion situation, for me, I would always fire a warning shot.

I don't ever want that on my conscience. I'd go for a dudes leg or something to disable him. Anything but taking a persons life.
Agreed, this was completely avoidable.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I would only shoot if I felt there was no other option. But once I started shooting I wouldn't stop until I heard it click at least three times on a spent chamber.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when all is said and done the shooter will get convicted for not simply dropping the confrontation. Both these guys acted stupidly and one loss his life over something that was probably stupid and avoidable.

The other guy will have to live with the consequences of his actions for the remainder of his life.