• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy G Can't Do That

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a throw by Lance. 80 Yard TD right on the money

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacked twice early. Doesn't have much pocket awareness yet

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bullet right on the money that Aiyuk dropped was pretty sweet too.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice 35 yard throw to Woerner from his end zone. Very good

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another nice throw right on the money dropped by Craycraft

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, another great third down throw right on the money that Richie James dropped.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, 89 yards to go with 1:49 to go. Lets see what Lance has

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First poor throw by Lance. Should have been picked. Followed by a second poor throw and then gets sacked. 4th down. First really poor series by lance

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance gets one more chance from the KC 45 with 39 seconds left. Bad pocket awareness causes lance to fumble but Niners got it back. Starting to look like an untested rookie

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
qyuick dink and dunk stuff now. Shanahan is tired of seeing Lance get blasted because of poor protection. Doesn't want him to get hurt. can't blame him

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last terrible throw by Lance as the half ends that should have been picked.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started out well then played poorly after that. Not all his fault because of the three drops but he should have been picked twice and got sacked 4 times and fumbled once.
He's not ready yet, especially in the 2:00 minute offense but boy did that one throw look really good though.
I'd give him a C+ maybe B minus

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I liked:

Nice accuracy on long, short and medium, throws at the beginning.
One play-action throw looked pretty good
Early on looked off some defenders with some good fakes

Things I didn't like:
Slow recognizing defenses
Poor pocket awareness caused him to get sacked a lot. Doesn't yet know how to move around in the pocket to create throwing lanes
Got a little gun shy after the D fooled him and he threw those two should be picks.
Slow to get the ball out. Looked really tentative after the two balls that he threw into coverage.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confidence really seems to be lacking in 3rd quarter. Left him in too long. Hope they pull him so he can enjoy his early success. Looks like he was about 6 for 15 or so but after the one nice throw to Woerner he looked like a rookie who hadn't played in a year.
I think qe might have something there though

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I liked:

Nice accuracy on long, short and medium, throws at the beginning.
One play-action throw looked pretty good
Early on looked off some defenders with some good fakes

Things I didn't like:
Slow recognizing defenses
Poor pocket awareness caused him to get sacked a lot. Doesn't yet know how to move around in the pocket to create throwing lanes
Got a little gun shy after the D fooled him and he threw those two should be picks.
Slow to get the ball out. Looked really tentative after the two balls that he threw into coverage.
You could look at his college scouting report and some of that would show. Generally, I think he has got great physical skills and upside. He did have some accuracy issues at times in college but overall great traits. His lack of experience is going to show when trying to play from the pocket and recognizing defenses. Not surprising at his age, being rookie, and having little overall playing experience.

Strengths:
  • Tremendous skill set
  • Powerful arm
  • Can fire fastballs into tight windows
  • Arm strength to challenge defenses downfield
  • Throws a good deep ball
  • Impressive deep-ball precision
  • Aggressive to push the ball downfield
  • Throws well in the short, quick passing game
  • Leads receivers downfield for more yards after the catch
  • Accurate
  • Poise
  • Stays calm with rush closing around him
  • Keeps his eyes downfield despite rush closing in on him
  • Good athlete
  • Mobility
  • Uses his feet to buy time
  • Strong build makes him tough to sack, tackle
  • Keeps his eyes downfield while scrambling
  • Hard-charging downhill runner
  • Will lower his shoulder and run over tacklers
  • Dynamic runner
  • True dual-threat quarterback
  • Can throw off platform
  • Good speed for a quarterback
  • Avoids turnovers overall
  • Upside

Weaknesses:
  • Raw
  • Lacks experience
  • Field vision
  • Locks on to primary read
  • Takes off running when first read is covered
  • Slow to work through progressions
  • Has to speed up the process
  • Needs to get comfortable throwing into tight windows

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance had some bright spots for sure, but accuracy became an issue the longer he was in there. Few early drops and some bad o-line play seemed to shake his confidence a bit. Maybe he reverted to previous habits.

All of that being said - his deep ball is pretty and he's got a cannon. There's a lot to be enthusiastic about, but he needs more experience. Would have been nice to see the team lift their level of play to match his early-on... instead, he regressed down to their level the longer he stayed in there.

If everything they say about him is right, he'll be his harshest critic and will look to limit his own mistakes going forward. Will be fun to watch him develop this preseason... can't wait to see him next game!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance had some bright spots for sure, but accuracy became an issue the longer he was in there. Few early drops and some bad o-line play seemed to shake his confidence a bit. Maybe he reverted to previous habits.

All of that being said - his deep ball is pretty and he's got a cannon. There's a lot to be enthusiastic about, but he needs more experience. Would have been nice to see the team lift their level of play to match his early-on... instead, he regressed down to their level the longer he stayed in there.

If everything they say about him is right, he'll be his harshest critic and will look to limit his own mistakes going forward. Will be fun to watch him develop this preseason... can't wait to see him next game!
That's almost exactly what I saw. Too early to worry now though for me. He's got time. I doubt he sees the field much this year unless Garoppolo gets hurt or they are in a blow out

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yes, he needs more experience, more Live Action. Nothing new and nothing 'profound', we all needed "on the job training" and so does Lance.

This is why i didn't think "Game 1 starter" was warranted, that was getting way ahead of him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's almost exactly what I saw. Too early to worry now though for me. He's got time. I doubt he sees the field much this year unless Garoppolo gets hurt or they are in a blow out
Shannaham already said Lance will get his packages, and it makes perfect sense to play him. For me, i take 'package' as two or three series depending on the opponent and game conditions.

Yes, if the 'game condition' is we're comfortably ahead in the 4th quarter, he'll finish the game. ie blowout