• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Butler throws Hoiberg under the bus

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls star said of his coach: "I believe in the guys in this locker room but I also believe we probably have to be coached a lot harder at times. I'm sorry, I know Fred is a laid back guy and I really respect him for that, but when guys aren't doing what they're supposed to do, you have to get on guys -- myself included."

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to get over himself. Guy gets paid and thinks he's all that. Living near Chicago I'm getting rather sick of his antics.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope butler did this behind closed doors first. he is 100% right. he is the one guy on the team that is bringing it every night

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see much of a problem with what he said. Considering the way a lot of athletes act these days, it's kind of refreshing to see one say "Hey, we need to be yelled at sometimes."

I'm not a fan of him saying it to the press, but I'm a big fan of what he said.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. He should have kept it in the locker room. If that's throwing a coach under the bus then the NBA is a lot tamer than it used to be.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it it wasn't that bad guys. All he is saying that he wants the coach to be tougher on the guys because some of the guys are being lazy. I see no harm.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he was calling out his coach and his teammates.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he was calling out his coach and his teammates.
He should they are playing soft. I watched the game last night and they are soft as hell. Butler is the only player besides maybe Portis and Gibson playing 100% every night. Last night 2 lazy turnovers by Gasol and Rose was so bad.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should they are playing soft. I watched the game last night and they are soft as hell. Butler is the only player besides maybe Portis and Gibson playing 100% every night. Last night 2 lazy turnovers by Gasol and Rose was so bad.

People in Chicago need to stop treating Butler like his shit don't stink. Bottom line - He runs his mouth too much. A black cloud had been placed over this team, as there is no excuse for losing to Brooklyn at home.

If you think this team is playing soft, that's your opinion. But, after a hard-fought effort in a 4-OT game, it's only human nature to expect at least somewhat of a letdown in a back-to-back. One might not like it, but it is what it is.

Jimmy Butler needs to hold himself accountable.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People in Chicago need to stop treating Butler like his shit don't stink. Bottom line - He runs his mouth too much. A black cloud had been placed over this team, as there is no excuse for losing to Brooklyn at home.

If you think this team is playing soft, that's your opinion. But, after a hard-fought effort in a 4-OT game, it's only human nature to expect at least somewhat of a letdown in a back-to-back. One might not like it, but it is what it is.

Jimmy Butler needs to hold himself accountable.

Yep here in NYC all the media guys were saying no way should New York lose to Chicago considering the situation

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll trade you our disgruntled player for yours. Deal? Sweet. You guys need another big man desperately anyways. :dhd:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like he didn't include himself.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he always points the finger at himself when he doesn't perform

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll trade you our disgruntled player for yours. Deal? Sweet. You guys need another big man desperately anyways. :dhd:

That's a little extreme. Butler ain't going anywhere. He just needs a bit of a timeout period.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but going to the media with it shows entitlement he hasn't earned. What exactly has Butler won in this league besides a bid payday?

Butler has been one of the most improved players over the last two years. He's worked his ass off to get where he's at and shown signs that he's becoming a legit star in the NBA. You look at him as bitching about his situation, whereas I see him taking more of a leadership role on the direction of the team. I'm in 100% agreement that this was not the best way to go about voicing his concerns though.

Butler is clearly the best player on the Bulls, a top 3, if not the best SG in the NBA. He didn't win a big pay-day. He earned it by locking himself in the gym. It's been well documented that in the off season prior, he cut off all distractions, including internet and television so that he could work on his skills and get better. After his deal, he's still improving.

Hoiberg has not done a good job so far. The offense is arguably minimally better, but the Bulls defense has fallen off a cliff. Maybe it has something to do with removing an all-nba defender in Noah from the starting lineup. Hoiberg should take ownership of this and has to figure out his rotations.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoiberg has not done a good job so far. The offense is arguably minimally better, but the Bulls defense has fallen off a cliff. Maybe it has something to do with removing an all-nba defender in Noah from the starting lineup. Hoiberg should take ownership of this and has to figure out his rotations.

Not entirely true. The Bulls offense is very iso-happy. Hoiberg has been trying to preach floor-spacing more but the "improved" Butler does too much surveying on that end of the floor.

No one is ever going to question Butler's hard work. His ego, at least in my eyes, should however be brought into question. The way Stacey King and others build him up here in the Chicagoland region, I'm just not sure there's any real sense of accountability with Butler, even if he does in fact use the words "myself included" in postgame interviews.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely true. The Bulls offense is very iso-happy. Hoiberg has been trying to preach floor-spacing more but the "improved" Butler does too much surveying on that end of the floor.

No one is ever going to question Butler's hard work. His ego, at least in my eyes, should however be brought into question. The way Stacey King and others build him up here in the Chicagoland region, I'm just not sure there's any real sense of accountability with Butler, even if he does in fact use the words "myself included" in postgame interviews.
You seem like either a Bulls or Butler hater. Reporters are always trying to get players to slip up in a moment of frustration. That's all this is. A reporter asked Butler the right question at the right time and got a nice quote for their piece the next day. If this is the worst thing Butler does off the court, then I am very happy. I still think he's a player that everyone would want on their team and he's also still a good guy. And it's not like what he was saying was wrong, either.

EDIT: Also, thanks for the retaliatory bull shits in another thread that I hadn't posted in in days. I am not sure that's why the button was included, but it really speaks to your maturity that you would be willing to go to another thread to get back at me. Bravo. I'm sure you're a great human being and not spiteful over stupid shit at all. Merry Christmas.