• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Schwartz told Jim Harbaugh he was going to fail before the season started

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New-look Niners could be behind before first kickoff - Inside the 49ers

"A month later, at the NFL owners meeting in New Orleans, Ravens coach John Harbaugh relayed a conversation to the Philadelphia Inquirer in which Lions coach Jim Schwartz talked with Jim Harbaugh about the lockout potential ramifications.

We were having dinner the other night and Jim Schwartz told him basically there no way you're going to be able to get it done (if the lockout lasts into the summer), John Harbaugh said. He told him there's no way you're going to be able to accomplish what you need to accomplish in two weeks if this thing lasts a while. Jim just kind of bit his tongue, which is what you've got to do in this situation. Because there's nothing you can do about it.

Given Harbaugh's personality, it's safe to assume he remains resolute and undeterred."

Maybe Harbaugh told him in your face during the handshake and that started the whole thing.

I stole this idea from http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/forum/_/name/sf/san-francisco-49ers#!/topic/1318828550-838-687

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW.... how was this not found earlier?

Damn, so much drama behind the game that we didn't know about.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
for the record, my opinion is Harbaugh should be in line with NFL protocol. granted i'm not sure what that means but whenever it calls for it, he should do it.

also IMO, i don't blame Schwartz for reacting the way he did, ANY of you would too if Harbaugh did it to you. being 'emotional' isn't an excuse cause i'm sure Schwartz's emotion was in much worse shape.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99% of ppl wouldn't react the way he did

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the record, my opinion is Harbaugh should be in line with NFL protocol. granted i'm not sure what that means but whenever it calls for it, he should do it.

also IMO, i don't blame Schwartz for reacting the way he did, ANY of you would too if Harbaugh did it to you. being 'emotional' isn't an excuse cause i'm sure Schwartz's emotion was in much worse shape.

I still don't understand what JH did wrong. He shook his hand aggressively, but that doesn't excuse Schwartz for doing what he did. I agree that JH was a little too joyous when the final whistle blew, but it's not like Schwartz hasn't celebrated like that before.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still don't understand what JH did wrong. He shook his hand aggressively, but that doesn't excuse Schwartz for doing what he did. I agree that JH was a little too joyous when the final whistle blew, but it's not like Schwartz hasn't celebrated like that before.

i might've been ok with the right hand shake, a hard squeeze and without meaning behind the hand shake. but if he had slapped my back that hard and pushed me with malice, i'd react the same way as Schartz.

not surprised some 49er fans are taking the 'poor sport' approach, expected it before i even logged on. but again, if it were you coming off a huge loss, you wouldn't be a happy mood to receive any kind of chit.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i might've been ok with the right hand shake, a hard squeeze and without meaning behind the hand shake. but if he had slapped my back that hard and pushed me with malice, i'd react the same way as Schartz.

not surprised some 49er fans are taking the 'poor sport' approach, expected it before i even logged on. but again, if it were you coming off a huge loss, you wouldn't be a happy mood to receive any kind of chit.

You thought he pushed him "with malice?" Seriously? It was a hand shake and a slap on the back.

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You thought he pushed him "with malice?" Seriously? It was a hand shake and a slap on the back.

It was a tap on the back. To a certain extent, I don't condone the over celebration. With that being said, I see absolutely nothing wrong with the hand shake and tap on the back.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing this only helps me give a fuck less about Schwartz feelings.

When he started bring up NFL protocol, he sounded like a brown nosing cry baby trying to get his way.

If you tell a competitor that he is going to fail, don't be surprised that he lets you know he won. Once you tell another man he is going to fail, you open yourself to that. If it was a team we had no beefs with I would make less sense, but I'm perfectly fine with it right now. fuck how Schwartz feels.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw the hand-shake live I didn't think twice about it. At no time did I say to myself, "Wow, can't believe Coach just dissed him like that!" Fuck this sensitive BS shit Schwartz is trying to pull when he has arguably been second to the Ryan Bros in abrasiveness this year.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care what Harbaugh did, hes a great coach and were 5-1 and one of the best teams in football, lets enjoy this ride, we havnt had a team like this for a decade

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homerism aside, that was a great game to watch. Harbs has every right to feel jubilant after the win and get pumped up and excited to his players.

Schwartz should've been excited for his team, it's not like that was their 6th loss in a row, gtfo Schwartz, lose with pride and learn, you still have a great team on your hands.

It was a heck of game, Harbs (IMO) acknowledge that with Schwartz with a hard handshake and pat on the back but Schwartz wasn't expecting it and took it the wrong way. Schwartz overblown the situation and made himself look like a spoiled loser.

Tell me Schwartz wouldn't acted out the same way had he won.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bullshit I'M NOT A 49ers FAN and I didn't see anything wrong with the greeting Jim might have been a little aggressive with the hand shake and pat on the back,but Schartz is the one who lost it,,,

harbaugh didn't stand there and jaw with him until he was run down by schartz

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How is this any different from guys mobbing a player on a walk off home run?? Sports are emotional, why not let the guys show them after a big win??

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird, in some of the angles it looks like he just slapped him on the back. In others it looks like he just shoves him out of the way and as he is running by you can see Schwartz mouth "What the fuck?"

The most ridiculous take I read about this was on NFL.com, one of their writers actually wrote that they felt Jim Schwartz accidentally bumped into Harbaugh as he chased after him. I was like, wow... really?? Just like Mike Tyson accidentally bit off Hollyfield's ear...

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Schwartz should be fined for actions. He's the one that could have incited a full on brawl and things could have gotten real ugly with all those players around too.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's weird, in some of the angles it looks like he just slapped him on the back. In others it looks like he just shoves him out of the way and as he is running by you can see Schwartz mouth "What the fuck?"

The most ridiculous take I read about this was on NFL.com, one of their writers actually wrote that they felt Jim Schwartz accidentally bumped into Harbaugh as he chased after him. I was like, wow... really?? Just like Mike Tyson accidentally bit off Hollyfield's ear...

yeah, i also saw the shove. couldn't tell if Harbaugh said anything while doing it, but didn't Schwartz claim he did?

again, not surprised with the homerism cause we ARE on the 49ers board. but no doubt in my mind, if it was any of you who got shoved, you'd be pissed too.

if the Lions won and Schwartz did that to Harbaugh, it would be a MUCH different tone.

anyways, if i keep on this it'll take away from the win, so leaving it here and hope Harbaugh does follow "protocol".

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i also saw the shove. couldn't tell if Harbaugh said anything while doing it, but didn't Schwartz claim he did?

again, not surprised with the homerism cause we ARE on the 49ers board. but no doubt in my mind, if it was any of you who got shoved, you'd be pissed too.

if the Lions won and Schwartz did that to Harbaugh, it would be a MUCH different tone.

anyways, if i keep on this it'll take away from the win, so leaving it here and hope Harbaugh does follow "protocol".

Yeah, Schwartz says that an obscenity happened but he never directly said it was a statement.. maybe Schwartz just felt that the shove was an obscene gesture?

Schwartz is a hypocrite with the "protocol" thing. What about the protocol of not shouting over to the other sideline to "know the rules", what about the protocol of not chasing down a coach to try and start a fight... or taunting opposing players. One should follow the rest of the unwritten rules of being a head coach if he's going to expect others to follow them with him.