• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Harbaugh

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the 49ers almost traded Jim Harbaugh, their head coach, to the Cleveland Browns. What the fuck?

I can't stand the guy, but I'd kill for a coach of Harbaugh's caliber. Had I known he was available I'd have happily given up our next two first rounders for him.

I don't know what the 49ers deal is, but from my perspective they'd have to be total idiots to part with the coach responsible for 3 straight NFC Championship appearances...

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions are going to have a dick for a head coach, he at least needs to be a winning dick.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. And I'm sure a lot of people are scoffing at giving up two first rounders for a head coach, but think about how much a Lions fan really would give for a reputable, proven HC? I wouldn't blink an eye at two 1st rounders for Harbaugh... look what he did with the 49ers- took a talented, but underachieving roster and immediately took them to the next level.

If we'd had any inkling he was available when we were searching for a coach I'm sure this discussion would have dominated our off-season.

Harbaugh grew up in Toledo as a Lions fan (Toledo is way closer to Detroit than it is to Cleveland or Cincy (waaaaay closer), so there's a lot of Lions fans there) and obviously played his college ball at U of M, so he actually makes a ton of sense here.

I'm honestly kind of bummed after hearing that he was on the market this year. I still can't stand his attitude and demeanor on the sidelines, but that would all go away the second he became our coach. Hopefully Caldwell just tears it up though and makes this discussion a non-issue after our 3rd Super Bowl win in the next 7 years... :whistle:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass. He is a slightly better version than Shwartz. We need to get more professional and disciplined. Caldwell at the very least will be a good bridge to the next guy if he is not the guy himself.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are just assuming that the Browns were only giving up 2 first rounders for Harbaugh, right? I ask because the Bucs gave up 2 1sts and 2 2nds along with $8 mil for Gruden and he hadn't even been to the Superbowl. And it worked out for them short term, they won the Superbowl but it was all down hill from there. Losing those draft picks crippled them. Even more so, the Bucs had Superbowl talent already. The Browns? We'll just be nice and say they don't. And you consider giving up 2 first rounders, maybe more, for a coach? That's just Brownish. I wouldn't do this for any coach. If I'm trading for a coach, it's cash and day 3 picks. My list of players that I would give up 2 first rounders for starts and ends with Aaron Rodgers, the only elite QB still in his prime.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you wonder why a team as good as the 49ers were willing to give up their coach.

Reports I have heard indicate Harbaugh's style has started to wear thin with the players and management. I can see this. The guy is hyped up 24/7 The rah rah stuff works for college where you get new guys every 4-5 years but with the same guys it would get old quick.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being good is why they feel they can trade away Harbaugh. They think that Harbaugh isn't the only coach who could win championships with the talent that they've gathered. Mort and Shefty were saying that Harbaugh is trying to get top coach money like Superbowl winners John Harbaugh and Sean Payton but the 49ers of course want him to win a Superbowl to get Superbowl money. They also said it was supposedly for a 2nd round draft pick. I can certainly get behind it for a 2nd rounder.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is a good coach, the story seems really strange.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck harbaugh, hes an arrogant poece of shit similar to another jim we know. He has clearly created division in the locker room because of a massive ego. Hes a team destroyer.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass. He is a slightly better version than Shwartz. We need to get more professional and disciplined. Caldwell at the very least will be a good bridge to the next guy if he is not the guy himself.

Hes a little more than slightly better, but he is an assbag just like schwartz.