• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Harbaugh: Deion Sanders comments 'a bunch of crap'

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Harbaugh: Deion Sanders comments 'a bunch of crap'

On Monday, NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders drew headlines for claiming 49ers players are sick of Jim Harbaugh and "want him out."

Harbaugh disagrees wholeheartedly with that notion. In fact, he doesn't think very much of it at all.

"Personally, I think that's a bunch of a crap," Harbaugh said at a press conference Monday.

Harbaugh then sarcastically fired shots at anonymous sources.

"If someone has a good story to tell, they want to put their name to it," Harbaugh said. "If I had a good story to tell, I'd want to put my name to it, so I don't put a lot of credibility to the unnamed source."

The 49ers coach was also asked about Trent Dilfer's claim the Niners situation is "toxic."

"I haven't seen Trent or Deion around much," Harbaugh said.

Dilfer clarified on Monday Night Football that he wasn't calling the locker room "toxic" or doing any "reporting" but merely analyzing from his viewpoint what's going on with the 49ers.

There has been a lingering amount of speculation dating to last season whether Harbaugh would be with the Niners for the long haul. His contract is up after 2015, and it's unlikely he or the 49ers want to head into next year with Harbaugh set up for a lame-duck season.

But as is always the case in the NFL, winning cures everything. If the 49ers rip off some victories, this story will fade into the background. If not, it'll keep cropping up again and again.

Jim Harbaugh: Deion Sanders comments 'a bunch of crap' - CBSSports.com

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unnamed sources is just about the worst type of journalism there is. All it does is cause people to go into a mass panic when really there was no story to begin with. I wish journalism was required to have some kind of integrity and be held responsible for the words printed on a more regular basis. And heck maybe they are right that there is issues within the locker room but my guess is just about every locker room has at least one or two issues among it. You don't get that many alpha males in the same building and not have issues.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that yesterday. Reminded me that there was thread on this board last year claiming that Harbaugh had "lost the locker room". That talk all died down, however, after SF advanced to the conference championship game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unnamed sources is just about the worst type of journalism there is. All it does is cause people to go into a mass panic when really there was no story to begin with. I wish journalism was required to have some kind of integrity and be held responsible for the words printed on a more regular basis. And heck maybe they are right that there is issues within the locker room but my guess is just about every locker room has at least one or two issues among it. You don't get that many alpha males in the same building and not have issues.

This is exactly how "journalists" get away with everything they write. But yes they should be held more accountable for their actions and what they print.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly how "journalists" get away with everything they write. But yes they should be held more accountable for their actions and what they print.

Let's clarify here:

Deion Sanders and Trent Dilfer aren't even close to being journalists....
There former players that got an on air gig, frankly there are better former players that can speak better then these two idiots...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's clarify here:

Deion Sanders and Trent Dilfer aren't even close to being journalists....
There former players that got an on air gig, frankly there are better former players that can speak better then these two idiots...

i wasn't refering to just those two specifically, just journalists in general

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence why I did the "journalists"

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wasn't refering to just those two specifically, just journalists in general

I know and my point was the simple fact those two idiots have no right to comment on a locker room neither one of them are in or involved in...

It's kinda like if you and I went out and started our own TV show about sewing, neither one of us know what the crap were talking about...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know and my point was the simple fact those two idiots have no right to comment on a locker room neither one of them are in or involved in...

It's kinda like if you and I went out and started our own TV show about sewing, neither one of us know what the crap were talking about...

I'm sure you and I could have a damn good show! :lol: But yes.... I know nothing about sewing.... But we could always look at the interweebs while the show was going on.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely with Harbaugh on this. Unnamed sources are useless, unless you just want to tell a story to tell a story.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me a player saying they don't like Harbaugh means nothing. You can't expect a coach to get along with every player in the locker room. Plus that is not exactly his job. Heck I hated my coach in high school but I respected the heck out of him as I knew he knew what he was talking about. Just wasn't a fan of his way of motivating players. I still was willing to listen to what he had to say. I look at Bill Belichick...How many of his players actually like him? I would guess very few. He is a very tough personality and many who have left the Patriots have commented on how they did not like the Belichick way but dang it it got results. As long as your team is winning I have a hard time thinking players are all that upset with the coach.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me a player saying they don't like Harbaugh means nothing. You can't expect a coach to get along with every player in the locker room. Plus that is not exactly his job. Heck I hated my coach in high school but I respected the heck out of him as I knew he knew what he was talking about. Just wasn't a fan of his way of motivating players. I still was willing to listen to what he had to say. I look at Bill Belichick...How many of his players actually like him? I would guess very few. He is a very tough personality and many who have left the Patriots have commented on how they did not like the Belichick way but dang it it got results. As long as your team is winning I have a hard time thinking players are all that upset with the coach.

True I dont think that Lombardi,Landry,Noll, Shula or Walsh gave a rat's ass what their players thought of them. Bottom line is results and SF has been in the mix since Harbaugh got there.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A book of matches....check

Some gasoline....check

Ex-athletes turned questionable broadcaster looking to create a story....check

Everything in place to create some havoc!

I have no doubt Harbaugh is grating on his bosses nerves but winning never gets old, maybe they are pining for the Mike Singaltary days.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Harbaugh annoys me. He is constantly whining and dumbfounded.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim should find Sanders and dump a bucket of water on him. I hear that's how a classy guy handles commentators that say negative things about him.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last lines of the OP are correct. If the 9'ers go on a win streak this fades to black and so do the rumors of issues between him and Baalke and the rumors of him going to Michigan. Lose a few more in the first half of the season and these stories fire back up.

Funny stuff to those who don't like him and/or that team, but there isn't anything that resembles news here.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim should find Sanders and dump a bucket of water on him. I hear that's how a classy guy handles commentators that say negative things about him.

Well that would be a better approach than what he did to Jim Kelly.

I have no way of knowing whether Sanders is telling the truth. He isn't a journalist he is a sports personality so he isn't expected to have verifiable sources for his information.

At the same time his credibility has value for him. Same with Dilfer. They aren't just going to say anything, although it sounds like Dilfer was being more general.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that would be a better approach than what he did to Jim Kelly.

I have no way of knowing whether Sanders is telling the truth. He isn't a journalist he is a sports personality so he isn't expected to have verifiable sources for his information.

At the same time his credibility has value for him. Same with Dilfer. They aren't just going to say anything, although it sounds like Dilfer was being more general.

What did he do to Jim Kelly?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he do to Jim Kelly?

He punched him in the face and broke his hand in the process. He wound up being put on the PUP-non game related list which is essentially a suspension and lost a few hundred grand.

At the time Kelly was sports personality for CBS and Harbaugh was playing for the Colts.